Windows 10: Windows 7 explorer crash on one user

Discus and support Windows 7 explorer crash on one user in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good day everyone I own a dell laptop with windows 7, 32 bit.I hope someone can help me with my windows explorer's issue without me losing any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by happylight101, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Windows 7 explorer crash on one user

Good day everyone I own a dell laptop with windows 7, 32 bit.I hope someone can help me with my windows explorer's issue without me losing any files.Explorer crashed before but usually after restarting explorer it works just fine, until this time. This time a week ago while copying and pasting a text document, explorer entered a crash and restart loop. Even after restarting the whole laptop, explorer opens for a second and the crash and restart loop commences again.It makes explorer inaccessible as i don't even have time to press the start icon before it crashes again. To my surprise after cre

:)

happylight101, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Aug 10, 2022
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 7 explorer crash on one user wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. jsmin Win User

Windows 7 explorer crash on one user

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows 7 explorer crash on one user

1. Windows 7 explorer crash on one user - Similar Threads - explorer crash user

2. Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user: Hi all,We use Co-Management between SCCM and Intune.We have a user who was on Medical Leave for a few months and now that they're back, when trying to sign into the computer they used to use before going on Leave, Windows Explorer starts flashing, all you can see is the Task...
  3. Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user: Hi all,We use Co-Management between SCCM and Intune.We have a user who was on Medical Leave for a few months and now that they're back, when trying to sign into the computer they used to use before going on Leave, Windows Explorer starts flashing, all you can see is the Task...
  4. Explorer constantly crashing upon login but only for one user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 7 explorer crash on one user

Windows 7 explorer crash on one user: Good day everyone I own a dell laptop with windows 7, 32 bit.I hope someone can help me with my windows explorer's issue without me losing any files.Explorer crashed before but usually after restarting explorer it works just fine, until this time. This time a week ago while...
  6. Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile

Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile: Hi, I had one profile that could not use because explorer process repeatly restart and made unusuable the desktop.. On others or new profiles all works fine.. the problem is only on one profile the most usedI updated from 1809 to the last version 21h2, no 3rd party...
  7. Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile: Hi, I had one profile that could not use because explorer process repeatly restart and made unusuable the desktop.. On others or new profiles all works fine.. the problem is only on one profile the most usedI updated from 1809 to the last version 21h2, no 3rd party...
  8. Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. 2 Users Crashes Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Users Crashes Explorer: Currently running Windows 10 20H2 x64 Professional. Ok get this. I have 2 accounts on my computer. When one of us is logged in, everything works great. When the other logs in the Start bar crashes over and over and you can't click on anything. The Taskbar just gets the...
  10. Program crashes on one user but not another.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program crashes on one user but not another.: Hello. I am making this post in a desperate manor. I have a client here using Act! as a program. I sat on their support for 4 hours on 2 separate occasions with no solution to be found. Every time I try to launch and use program, it crashes on me. But, if I use a different...