Windows 10: Windows 7 frozen cursor

Discus and support Windows 7 frozen cursor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have an H-P Pavilion with Windows 7. Willing to replace desktop and upgrade but cursor is frozen in the middle of the screen and I'd like to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lostinmissouri1993, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Windows 7 frozen cursor

Have an H-P Pavilion with Windows 7. Willing to replace desktop and upgrade but cursor is frozen in the middle of the screen and I'd like to download some files before doing so. Any way to unfreeze cursor?

:)

Lostinmissouri1993, Jul 18, 2022

2. restoring windews 7 after move to windows 10. and frozen cursor

trying to revert to windows 7 after move to windows 10 on lenovo x1 carbon left me with frozen cursor.

I get to "go back to windows 7" on the "update and security" page but cannot get to "go back to windows 7"using keyboard ( and the cursor is still frozen so I cannot use that. Any suggestions?

frustratedangryxa, Jul 18, 2022
  3. Frozen Cursor

Thanks, but the stumbling block for re-installing drivers is the frozen cursor. I manage to open the Device Manager by typing in the Search Box in the Taskbar of Windows 10 Technical Preview. But with a frozen (or invisible) cursor, I can't navigate to the 'Mice and other pointing devices' to open it, etc.

Previously, I tried to re-install the original OS (Windows 7 Starter) but I couldn't do it because of the same frozen (or invisible) cursor problem.

I am thus basically looking for a way to re-install either drivers or OS without using the cursor.

FrozenCursor, Jul 18, 2022
  4. Windows 7 frozen cursor

Frozen Cursor

I run Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 on an eMachines netbook eM350. I had it running since the previous Build, but the cursor is now frozen, I don't know why.

I then tried to re-install the previous OS, Windows 7 Starter. I got to the point of having to agree to the EULA, but I could not navigate the frozen cursor to tick off the box, and I had to shut off the power.

The netbook can still be booted to Windows 10 Technical Preview, I can still logon, but the cursor remains frozen.

Any ideas on how to get the netbook running again, with Windows 7 or 10 ? Thanks!

FrozenCursor, Jul 18, 2022
Thema:

Windows 7 frozen cursor

1. Windows 7 frozen cursor - Similar Threads - frozen cursor

2. Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...: Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor, can't shut the computer off completely thr sides still blinking how to fix it please...
  3. Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...: Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor, can't shut the computer off completely thr sides still blinking how to fix it please...
  4. Windows 10 laptop frozen suddenly went to a gray screen and now its black with cursor,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode: so hey yalli had an issue with my device on 2 different windows installswindows 10 and windows 11every few days 5-7 daysmy laptop would overheat with the fan going on max speed while being in sleep modeafter opening the laptop it has a black screen with a frozen mouse cursor...
  6. windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode

windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode: so hey yalli had an issue with my device on 2 different windows installswindows 10 and windows 11every few days 5-7 daysmy laptop would overheat with the fan going on max speed while being in sleep modeafter opening the laptop it has a black screen with a frozen mouse cursor...
  7. Cursor has been frozen for a few days now. Why is this happening and what are some good...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor has been frozen for a few days now. Why is this happening and what are some good...: I am not sure exactly what caused this. I installed Windows 8.1 on my computer and after it was finished, my cursor stopped moving. It teleports randomly across the screen sometimes, the F keys won’t work, and I can’t click anything. What are some solutions to this....
  8. Cursor has been frozen for a few days now. Why is this happening and what are some good...

Cursor has been frozen for a few days now. Why is this happening and what are some good...: I am not sure exactly what caused this. I installed Windows 8.1 on my computer and after it was finished, my cursor stopped moving. It teleports randomly across the screen sometimes, the F keys won’t work, and I can’t click anything. What are some solutions to this....
  9. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen: New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it from Device manager. It still happens...
  10. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen: New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it from Device manager. It still happens...