Windows 10: Windows 7 HDD in enclosure on Windows 10 SSD machine

Discus and support Windows 7 HDD in enclosure on Windows 10 SSD machine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a HDD from an old laptop yes the HDD is in good condition that ran windows 7. I pulled it out to upgrade to a larger drive years ago. I forgot I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevin.Moore, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows 7 HDD in enclosure on Windows 10 SSD machine

I have a HDD from an old laptop yes the HDD is in good condition that ran windows 7. I pulled it out to upgrade to a larger drive years ago. I forgot I had it and believe I have a file on there that I have not been able to locate anywhere else. I now have a newer machine that has a solid state drive so I cannot just unplug the new drive plug the old HDD in and pull the files onto a USB so I am using a drive enclosure. My computer recognizes it and even identifies the brand and details of the drive but it is not accessible. Does anyone have a reason to why and a workaround? I really want to explore this drive.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Kevin.Moore, Jun 30, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Windows 7 HDD in enclosure on Windows 10 SSD machine

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 HDD in enclosure on Windows 10 SSD machine

1. Windows 7 HDD in enclosure on Windows 10 SSD machine - Similar Threads - HDD enclosure SSD

2. Windows 7 HDD not showing after installed Windows 10 SSD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 7 HDD not showing after installed Windows 10 SSD.: I have Windows 7 pc with HDD now I have installed Windows 10 with SSD. After booting Windows 10 my old HDD not showing in This PC but in Windows 7 both HDD & SSD showing/working fine. Need help asap....
  3. Windows 7 HDD not showing after installed Windows 10 SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 HDD not showing after installed Windows 10 SSD.: I have Windows 7 pc with HDD now I have installed Windows 10 with SSD. After booting Windows 10 my old HDD not showing in This PC but in Windows 7 both HDD & SSD showing/working fine. Need help asap....
  4. Windows 7 HDD not showing after installed Windows 10 SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Chnageing boot from SSD to HDD Window 10 to Window 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chnageing boot from SSD to HDD Window 10 to Window 7: Currently I am using Windows 10 from SSD, but the same Sony Vaio Laptop has HFDD also with Windows 7, But I have tried three Keys: F2, F10 and F12, but none are giving me the option to select a new Boot so that I can boot with Windows 7.What will be the fix to this? I know...
  6. Chnageing boot from SSD to HDD Window 10 to Window 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chnageing boot from SSD to HDD Window 10 to Window 7: Currently I am using Windows 10 from SSD, but the same Sony Vaio Laptop has HFDD also with Windows 7, But I have tried three Keys: F2, F10 and F12, but none are giving me the option to select a new Boot so that I can boot with Windows 7.What will be the fix to this? I know...
  7. Chnageing boot from SSD to HDD Window 10 to Window 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Other Colors for HDD enclosures?

Other Colors for HDD enclosures?: Might be a bit of a long shot this as I have looked. Other then black, silver or white, is it possible to purchase a USB 3 2.5 or SSD/HDD enclosure only, in red, yellow or any other colour then mentioned above? 179782
  9. HDD not working with Enclosure

HDD not working with Enclosure: I had an old laptop that wouldn't boot, so someone replaced my HDD and gave me the bad one back. They didn't explain what was wrong with it. A few months ago I bought and enclosure (ORICO 2588US3) to use the HDD with my current PC running Windows 10. When I plug it in, it...
  10. Windows 10 and new SSD with Windows 7 in old HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and new SSD with Windows 7 in old HDD: My situation is this: I have now Windows 7 in my HDD, and I just bought a new SSD to install Windows 10 in. Also bought a new Windows 7 license (old one is pirated *Rolleyes). I'm going to install Win7, then upgrade to Windows 10 and do clean install. The question is, will I...