Windows 10: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Upgraded to Windows 10 Home x86

Discus and support Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Upgraded to Windows 10 Home x86 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was just doing a little checking today and found that my win7 x64 installation Is now a windows 10 x86 installation after the upgrade The ISO I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kyhi, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Kyhi Win User

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Upgraded to Windows 10 Home x86

I was just doing a little checking today and found that my win7 x64 installation
    Is now a windows 10 x86 installation after the upgrade
    The ISO I created from the download also pulls x64, but the installation was x86

The disk was setup as MBR and noticed the media tool allows you to download x86, x64, both

It appears I my case that the MBR HDD was upgraded to x86 even though the prior Arch was x64

Anyone else??

:)

2. Alexey_ Win User

Windows 7 SP1 OEM X86 to Windows10 x64

I have Windows 7 x86 home premium OEM DVD.

Can i upgrade to Windows 10 x64?

Yes, it's not possible, update OS from x86 to x64, but can i do full reinstall when time comes?

Alexey_, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Downgrade to from Windows 10 to Windows 7 - do I get EXACTLY the same system I had before the upgrade?

Currently I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64 PL OEM installed, obviously I'd be upgrading to Windows 10 Home x64 PL and potentially would like to come back to W7 again.

RadekRutkowski, Jul 29, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

It's supposed to be impossible to upgrade from an X86 version to X64, and vice versa.

I don't know whether you should contact Microsoft to report an error, or the Vatican to report a miracle.*Wink

You did a literal upgrade, installing 10 over 7, keeping files and applications? Your Windows 10 installation is activated?

bobkn, Jul 29, 2015
  5. What is telling you its x86? What does the System screen show for system type? That's not possible as far as I know, not without dong a clean install.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Upgraded to Windows 10 Home x86 - Similar Threads - Home Premium x64

2. Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Home Premium: I have a license for Windows 7 Home Premium. Can I install it now and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-home-premium/c0fb9515-29cd-4baa-beba-cf1f6047ec61
  3. Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Home Premium: I have a license for Windows 7 Home Premium. Can I install it now and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-home-premium/c0fb9515-29cd-4baa-beba-cf1f6047ec61
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, Can i get a free upgrade for the above and is it hard to do? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-to-windows-10-pro/e7057371-8f46-444d-9e4a-5cb34b0d788c
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium: I informed my son today that he may no longer access my home network with the gaming computer he built seven years ago when he was 15 since it is still running Windows 7 Home Premium, Ver. 6.1, Build 7601, SP1. Over the years, he has made numerous hardware upgrades, but...
  6. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium: I asked this question earlier - August 20 or so, and received a detailed reply. However, I was unable to access my computer until now to read it. I have gone through many, many pages of prior postings but have been unable to find that solution . So I'm posting the problem...
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home premium

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home premium: Hi there! Im am having a Windows 7 Home Premium samsung laptop and want to do an upgrade to Windows 10. I did an clean installation on Microsoft website via Media Creation Tool. But then I get this result: Will I still be able to have an upgrade or I will need to...
  8. Windows 7 home premium upgrade to Windows 10 home failure

Windows 7 home premium upgrade to Windows 10 home failure: Have bought and paid for the windows 10 home upgrade. I have made several attempts to upgrade and at the end I get a message saying "We couldn't update the system reserved partition". Is there an easy fix for this problem?...
  9. Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium

Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium: Hi Team, I have missed the free upgrade to windows 10 last year, however i would like to upgrade my laptop from windows 7 to 10 now. I have alredy running Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium on my Sony Vaio Laptop.... Can I upgrade to Windows 10 again for free? If so, how can...
  10. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home: I have a MacBook Pro, and i originally partitioned the hard drive to 350 Mac & 150 Win 7. Not long ago i received a free upgrade to Win 10 Home, and after using it for a few months, i really liked it and decided to re-partition my hard drive to 250 Mac & 250 Win 10. After...