Windows 10: Windows 7 is running blazingly fast, but Windows 10 is running blazingly slow

Discus and support Windows 7 is running blazingly fast, but Windows 10 is running blazingly slow in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The original OS of my device is Windows 7. It was long ago but I remember it being a little slowish. I decided to switch over to Windows 10, I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EntoDesign, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Windows 7 is running blazingly fast, but Windows 10 is running blazingly slow

The original OS of my device is Windows 7. It was long ago but I remember it being a little slowish.

I decided to switch over to Windows 10, I think it was like 2 years ago, I think Cortana was also merged with Search back then, so it was Redstone 5 update I think. When I switched to Windows 10, I was getting much better performance

However, recently I switched over to Windows 7 again. Why? Because my Windows 10 that was running at the speed of light was laggish. I tried everything to speed it up, like disabling animations, removing malware, stopping startup items, uninstalling apps, and pretty much everything.

So I now have Windows 7, as I said. Everything is loading nearly instantly when I click, and I'm very happy!

BUT! The problem is the fact that pretty much all the software I need today requires Windows 10. However, I don't wanna upgrade; it is REALLY slow. But I need the 10.

So the question of this post is, how can I speed up Windows 10 if I decide to upgrade?

And ONCE AGAIN, I'll mention that I tried things like: Uninstalling apps, disabling animations, disabling startup items, running clean boot, restarting my device, removing malware, using ReadyBoost, adjusting the OS settings, pretty much everything. I know a hardware update would help but that's not what I'm here to talk about. I need to speed up the software without modifying the hardware.

Thanks in advance!

:)

EntoDesign, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Mich_Bckx Win User

Node.exe using a large amount of CPU power

For me it was Prey which uses node.exe. It completely slowed down my Windows 10.

After removing Prey, the installation became blazingly fast again...

Mich_Bckx, Apr 1, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 7 is running blazingly fast, but Windows 10 is running blazingly slow

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 7 is running blazingly fast, but Windows 10 is running blazingly slow

1. Windows 7 is running blazingly fast, but Windows 10 is running blazingly slow - Similar Threads - running blazingly fast

2. I hate microsoft with a blazing hot passion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate microsoft with a blazing hot passion: The intrusion, the lies, the bull, the "fake" support that never does what you ask, that puts more **** on your computer, the actual stopping computers and touch screens from working which is illegal without putting more of your intrusive **** on a computer, allowing access...
  3. I hate microsoft with a blazing hot passion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I hate microsoft with a blazing hot passion: The intrusion, the lies, the bull, the "fake" support that never does what you ask, that puts more **** on your computer, the actual stopping computers and touch screens from working which is illegal without putting more of your intrusive **** on a computer, allowing access...
  4. I hate microsoft with a blazing hot passion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fast PC now runs slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast PC now runs slow: For about 3 months now, my usually fast PC has started to run extremely slow, now to the point of being unusable. To be more specific, it runs slow in everything, apps take longer to open, run laggier, more stutters, game with lower fps, and a whole lot of stuttering in...
  6. Fast PC now runs slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast PC now runs slow: For about 3 months now, my usually fast PC has started to run extremely slow, now to the point of being unusable. To be more specific, it runs slow in everything, apps take longer to open, run laggier, more stutters, game with lower fps, and a whole lot of stuttering in...
  7. BLAZING HOT PEN-DRIVE !!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BLAZING HOT PEN-DRIVE !!: I have a SanDisk OTG Pen-drive, if I use it for example more than 3mins, and some writing is going in it, it becomes Blazing hot. It's so hot you can't even put your fingers on the USB area for more than a sec after removing it safely form the computer. So the thing I wanted...
  8. Slow running Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow running Windows 10: I am having to post on here again as my Windows 10 laptop is running unbelievably slowly, for no apparent reason apart from the fact that Microsoft puts an update on, and everything grinds to a halt. To provide an assurance that i have taken all steps to keep my laptop...
  9. Genius Maxfire Blaze 3 Gamepad on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Genius Maxfire Blaze 3 Gamepad on Windows 10: Genius Maxfire Blaze 3 gamepad is buggy on Windows 10 Version 1803. The red dot can not stay at the center in the settings. It is stuck on the left side. Previous versions of Windows 10 seems to repair itself, but the latest Windows 10 Version 1803 it didn't. Can this be...
  10. Blaze on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blaze on my network: I have a unknown second computer on my network has well as something called Blaze. what are they and how can i get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/blaze-on-my-network/31f767c1-33bf-4f9e-9ebb-386bcbf9ec47