Windows 10: Windows 7 Key for Windows 10?

Discus and support Windows 7 Key for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a windows 7 key and a machine that is running windows 10, however I cannot use the key to activate windows 10. I believe this machine did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlannaBriggs, May 20, 2020.

1. Windows 7 Key for Windows 10?

I have a windows 7 key and a machine that is running windows 10, however I cannot use the key to activate windows 10.

I believe this machine did undergo the upgrade from 7 to 10 years back however right now it does not accept the windows 7 key and we had to change out hardware given device failure.

:)

AlannaBriggs, May 20, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 20, 2020
  3. ironwolf Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, May 20, 2020
  4. Windows 7 Key for Windows 10?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Thank you, but I still want to know if I can do a clean installation of Windows with my new SSD whilst my old Windows is still installed on the other pc?

MichaelDFF, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 Key for Windows 10?

1. Windows 7 Key for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Key

2. Screen is going Off and while pressing number 4 key in number pad in wireless keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is going Off and while pressing number 4 key in number pad in wireless keyboard: Hii iam using Dell G15 Laptop, When I press number '4' on number pad of my external wireless keyboard display is getting off and windows is going to lock screen, but my laptop Inbuilt keyboard is okay no problem while I press number 4...... but when I using external USB...
  3. Screen is going Off and while pressing number 4 key in number pad in wireless keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is going Off and while pressing number 4 key in number pad in wireless keyboard: Hii iam using Dell G15 Laptop, When I press number '4' on number pad of my external wireless keyboard display is getting off and windows is going to lock screen, but my laptop Inbuilt keyboard is okay no problem while I press number 4...... but when I using external USB...
  4. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?: Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!...
  5. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?: Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!...
  6. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  8. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  9. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 10 key > Windows 11?

Windows 10 key > Windows 11?: Hey there!I have a windows 10 key and I lost the disc to it. It came in disc form I believe and I upgraded to windows 11 and reset my pc - yet it de-activated. My brother-in-law has told me to sign out of and back into my Microsoft account but I don't know how to, and all I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 key

2. can I use windows 7 key to activate windows 10?