Windows 10: Windows 7 key not working on 10

Discus and support Windows 7 key not working on 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got an old computer from my parents that had some corrupted files on the hard drive so i formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows on it. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alences, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Alences Win User

Windows 7 key not working on 10

I got an old computer from my parents that had some corrupted files on the hard drive so i formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows on it. It was Windows 7 when they had it and i installed Windows 10 on the computer. When i go to activate the Windows 7 product key it says it is not valid. I am not sure why the product key is not working and yes i checked the key 4 times and all the letters and numbers are correct. I am installing updates on it now and will try again when that is done. Is there a reason why that product key will not work? Only thing i can think of is that it is a Windows 7 key but i thought all keys from 7 to 8 would work for 10.

:)

Alences, Nov 21, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 7 key not working on 10 - Similar Threads - key working

2. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  3. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  4. Windows key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key not working: Hello, my Problem is that my Windows key simply stopped working, I can do Win+c as well as Win+v and other key combinations but if I press the win key alone, this side gets out where you can select a game or any other file this doesn't happen anymore if anyone of you knows...
  5. Windows key not working

Windows key not working: Hello, my Problem is that my Windows key simply stopped working, I can do Win+c as well as Win+v and other key combinations but if I press the win key alone, this side gets out where you can select a game or any other file this doesn't happen anymore if anyone of you knows...
  6. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  7. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working: I have a couple of weird things going on with this keyboard. 1 It won't connect to my personal laptop, a Lenovo. It provides a code to pair with, but after entering it says the code is wrong. I've tried this multiple times.2 It will pair with my work laptop, but a selection...
  8. Designer Keyboard 7678 certain keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  10. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...