Windows 10: Windows 7 key not working on 10

Discus and support Windows 7 key not working on 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got an old computer from my parents that had some corrupted files on the hard drive so i formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows on it. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alences, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Alences Win User

Windows 7 key not working on 10

I got an old computer from my parents that had some corrupted files on the hard drive so i formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows on it. It was Windows 7 when they had it and i installed Windows 10 on the computer. When i go to activate the Windows 7 product key it says it is not valid. I am not sure why the product key is not working and yes i checked the key 4 times and all the letters and numbers are correct. I am installing updates on it now and will try again when that is done. Is there a reason why that product key will not work? Only thing i can think of is that it is a Windows 7 key but i thought all keys from 7 to 8 would work for 10.

:)

Alences, Nov 21, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 7 key not working on 10 - Similar Threads - key working

2. Certain keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain keys on keyboard not working: Only keys like 9, 0, o, j, n not working while the rest still works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-on-keyboard-not-working/26b953e3-de17-464c-b1d6-b07212a046bc
  3. My f1-f12 keys don't work in apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My f1-f12 keys don't work in apps: When i go to an app and use one of the f-keys for a shortcut in that app it just does its normal function, for example i click f3 when there's a shortcut in the app dedicated to f3 and it just changes the brightness. It's not that big of a deal, but it's really annoying...
  4. my windows key doesn't work as it should

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my windows key doesn't work as it should: if i press my windows key is replaced with the ctrl key and i don't know how to fix it. when i press it, its like i would press ctrl and my ctrl key works totally fine and i have no idea how to fix it and i can't find any fixes online so please some one help me with this...
  5. Windows product key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows product key not working: I just obtained a NZXT pre-built PC but when I got it Windows 10 key would not work they gave me a 2nd key and the 2nd key also did not work. They asked me to contact you guys for assistance. Thank you!...
  6. Windoy Key + R, E, D are not working while others are working Windoy Key + L, F, K, U, I etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windoy Key + R, E, D are not working while others are working Windoy Key + L, F, K, U, I etc: Hi Team, I've trying to go over the internet to find fix for my issue but Windoy Key + R, E, D are not working while others are working Windoy Key + L, F, K, U, I etc. I tried regedit, powershell and etc but nothing works so far. Appreciate if you could help me :...
  7. Tab key does not work properly

Tab key does not work properly: Every time I press the tab key and wait 5 seconds, the screen always "freaks out" the same way. When i hit tab, it opens random things and it always writes "wtfd" in the text field. it also rolls down the screen. This problem lasts about 10 seconds in total. the problem may...
  8. Escape, Fn, F3, F5, F6, F7, F9, F10, F11 keys nowt working/only working under specific...

Escape, Fn, F3, F5, F6, F7, F9, F10, F11 keys nowt working/only working under specific...: I'm have a very strange issue with my keyboard recently. I noticed during this week that my escape and Fn keys weren't working well. I have an acer aspire s13 and I use the Fn + up arrow shortcut to increase volume and down arrow to decrease volume. Escape I use in numerous...
  9. Windows 10 Tilde Key not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tilde Key not working.: The tilde key just stopped working and I've went online only to see that all the "solutions" are outdated and some that are new don't even work. I need the tilde key because it enables the developer console in games....
  10. windows 10 pro product key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 pro product key not working: hello friends, I currently have a hp laptop running the latest version of windows from the dev channel and it came with windows 10 home, I really want to upgrade to windows 10 pro and I have 2 windows 10 pro product key. they both don't work, one comes with error code:...