Windows 10: Windows 7 Laptop hard drive in an enclosure. Can't find my files to back up to another...

Discus and support Windows 7 Laptop hard drive in an enclosure. Can't find my files to back up to another... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I spilled some water on my laptop and the keyboard is now malfunctioning. I took it to a repair shop and got the hard drive taken out and put in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GravyBoatShipwreck, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Windows 7 Laptop hard drive in an enclosure. Can't find my files to back up to another...

I spilled some water on my laptop and the keyboard is now malfunctioning. I took it to a repair shop and got the hard drive taken out and put in an enclosure because I need to back up and use the files sooner than they could possibly repair the keyboard. I've got it plugged in, but I can't find or access my files. I'm specifically looking for my music folder, because I have to back them up to my other laptop by friday to use them for a gig. I'm trying to follow the folder structure I know to find all of my data folders, but I can't find them for the life of me! What am I doing wrong? How do I find my files?

The hard drive in the enclosure is running windows 7. The laptop I am using to access it is windows 10. I would greatly appreciate any help, I'm desperate to get these files backed up immediately.

submitted by /u/GravyBoatShipwreck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GravyBoatShipwreck, Feb 19, 2020

2. Hard Drive Enclosure

Hello. Is it possible to access files from a hard drive from an old laptop onto my new laptop the same you can access files using a flash drive? Not sure how else I can put it, but I have a hard drive from an old laptop that is inside a hard drive enclosure.
    I have the enclosure connected to my laptop via usb, but I am not seeing an option to access that hard drive. How can I access the hard drive that's connected to the usb hard drive enclosure?

Comeback Noob, Feb 19, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Hard Drive Enclosure

Hi Comeback, you should be able to access those files if you put that hard drive into an external enclosure . . .

When you connect that drive, does Windows actually see the drive - can you see it in File Explorer?

Open Disc Management (accessible by right clicking your Start Button

Do you see that drive listed there?

DaveM121, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Windows 7 Laptop hard drive in an enclosure. Can't find my files to back up to another...

Hard Drive Enclosure

I do not see it in File Explorer. In Disc Management, I see the following:

Disc 0, Partition 1

Disc 0, Partition 4

I don't know which one the enclosed hard drive is

Comeback Noob, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 Laptop hard drive in an enclosure. Can't find my files to back up to another...

1. Windows 7 Laptop hard drive in an enclosure. Can't find my files to back up to another... - Similar Threads - Laptop hard drive

2. Hard drive not working in one external enclosure but does in another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not working in one external enclosure but does in another: I have two external USB hard drive enclosures, both Sabrent brands. One is a single bay model DFLT and I just got a new 4-bay enclosure model SC4B.I bought a new hard drive and installed it into the 4-bay SC4B enclosure, I then went to disk management and a window came up...
  3. Hard drive not working in one external enclosure but does in another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive not working in one external enclosure but does in another: I have two external USB hard drive enclosures, both Sabrent brands. One is a single bay model DFLT and I just got a new 4-bay enclosure model SC4B.I bought a new hard drive and installed it into the 4-bay SC4B enclosure, I then went to disk management and a window came up...
  4. Hard drive not working in one external enclosure but does in another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Backing up my WIndows 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up my WIndows 7 Laptop: I need to back up my WIndows 7 laptop. I want to do it using an External Hard Drive. However, my only option is to back it up to a Network. Is there any way I can back up to the External Hard Drive? I am not computer savvy and have no clue what the Network is or what the sign...
  6. Backing up my WIndows 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up my WIndows 7 Laptop: I need to back up my WIndows 7 laptop. I want to do it using an External Hard Drive. However, my only option is to back it up to a Network. Is there any way I can back up to the External Hard Drive? I am not computer savvy and have no clue what the Network is or what the sign...
  7. Back Up cannot find external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back Up cannot find external hard drive: Hi,I'm trying to do a complete back up of my computer on an external drive using Backup on Windows 10.I've tried 5 different external drives and so far only one an SSD drive can be found while the other 4 not SSD are not found.I don't know if the fact that the only drive that...
  8. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  9. moving my hard drive into another laptop

moving my hard drive into another laptop: i have a toshiba 64 bit laptop and it is starting to go bad. i have a hp probook 6460b 64 bit that has not hard drive in it. so i took the drive out of the toshiba and put it into the hp and after it did it's thing telling me some hardware has changed and finally started up...
  10. trying to back up my laptop to an external hard drive

trying to back up my laptop to an external hard drive: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\jdill\Pictures. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)). this is the message i got while trying to create a backup img to an external hard drive. what do i do ?...