Windows 10: Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error

Discus and support Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to keep my machine as Windows 7 but when I turn it on, it boots to the Windows 10 Install screen shown in the attached image. Is there a way for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jamie Mempa, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error

I want to keep my machine as Windows 7 but when I turn it on, it boots to the Windows 10 Install screen shown in the attached image. Is there a way for me to retain Windows 7 or is it too late? How do I revert to Windows 7? If I'm forced to go to Windows 10, I'm not sure my machine is compatible and I don't recall if my Windows 7 is Home or Pro I think Pro so I don't know which to select from the Next screen. Is there a way to find out which Windows 7 I'm on before loading Windows 10 if I have? Since I think I'm on Pro, if I attempt to load Windows 10 Pro and I was on Windows 7 Home, wi

:)

Jamie Mempa, Jun 25, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error

1. Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error - Similar Threads - machine boots Install

2. Error 0xc0210000 when installing Windows 7 on Windows 10 Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0210000 when installing Windows 7 on Windows 10 Machine: I am attempting to install windows 7 on my windows 10 laptop for fun. It is a Lenovo Ideapad5 14ITL05 with a 10th gen Intel Core i5. I downloaded the ISO file for Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and used Rufus to install the files on a USB drive. I used the tool at...
  3. Error 0xc0210000 when installing Windows 7 on Windows 10 Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc0210000 when installing Windows 7 on Windows 10 Machine: I am attempting to install windows 7 on my windows 10 laptop for fun. It is a Lenovo Ideapad5 14ITL05 with a 10th gen Intel Core i5. I downloaded the ISO file for Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and used Rufus to install the files on a USB drive. I used the tool at...
  4. Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error

Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error: I want to keep my machine as Windows 7 but when I turn it on, it boots to the Windows 10 Install screen shown in the attached image. Is there a way for me to retain Windows 7 or is it too late? How do I revert to Windows 7? If I'm forced to go to Windows 10, I'm not sure my...
  5. Windows 7 not booting in virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 not booting in virtual machine: I recently moved my windows 7 Ultimate 64Bits virtual machine Vmware workstation 16 player from my memory card to my laptop to use it. It worked fine 2 times since I moved it but this time it has bluescreened on startup. I have tried safe mode with networking and start...
  6. Windows 7 not booting in virtual machine

Windows 7 not booting in virtual machine: I recently moved my windows 7 Ultimate 64Bits virtual machine Vmware workstation 16 player from my memory card to my laptop to use it. It worked fine 2 times since I moved it but this time it has bluescreened on startup. I have tried safe mode with networking and start...
  7. Attempting to Dual Boot Windows 7 On My Windows 10 Machine, Get an Error Instead

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempting to Dual Boot Windows 7 On My Windows 10 Machine, Get an Error Instead: Hello! This is my first time posting on the Microsoft forums, and I need your help. I have been attempting to dual-boot Windows 7 Ultimate with Windows 10 Home, I did a bit of research, and found that I needed an ISO file of sorts. I got the file in question from this...
  8. Boot failure in installation windows 7 to 10

Boot failure in installation windows 7 to 10: I tried to upgrade with the tool windows 10 update Assistant I choose a option upgrade pc. And preparing After 2-3 time reboot. And show boot failure. My some important data in C drive Please some any help Very very important data and documents. Any recovery option...
  9. Installing windows 10 Pro on a windows 7 Pro Machine

Installing windows 10 Pro on a windows 7 Pro Machine: I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 Pro, Every time I try to install it gets to the end and errors out and I get the following: 0x800707E7 0x3000D First Boot Phase error during migrate data...
  10. Dual Boot Install Windows 7 on Windows 10

Dual Boot Install Windows 7 on Windows 10: Hi All, I already have Windows 10 Home x64 on my notebook. I had upgraded from Windows 8.1. I have never had Windows 7 on this system. I want to dual boot install Windows 7 on a partition so that I can play some games that are not compatible with Windows 10. *Sad I...