Windows 10: Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

Discus and support Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I 'upgraded' from my trusty windows 7 to windows 10 today. Firstly, now when I change my desktop dispay to 125% magnification, the windows can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theVenerable, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

Hi
    I 'upgraded' from my trusty windows 7 to windows 10 today.

Firstly, now when I change my desktop dispay to 125% magnification, the windows can look blurred, like I dont have a graphics driver installed. This was not a problem on Windows 7

Secondly, my computer has froze/crashed about 8 times in the last 4 hours since 'upgrading' to windows 10.

Is this some sort of joke?

I thought they had plenty of time to iron out the problems of windows 8 and 8.1, but 10 seems just as shoddy.

Thanks

:)

theVenerable, Aug 6, 2015

2. Win 10 just installed, hangs daily

I just upgraded to Windows 10 2 days ago, and Windows or apps are hanging daily,usually after I leave it for a while and return. This morning I found it unresponsive. The last file I edited yesterday was on the monitor but there was no mouse or kbd response,
    no crtl-alt-del and I had to hard restart it.

I looked at the reliability monitor and every day something has crashed. Today it said that Mail and Cortana crashed, but more than that must have crashed. When I click on the links to find solutions, there are none.

Yesterday it was Windows shell experience and cortana.

Lots of failures in the event log, but I don't know how to interpret them.

Judy Jetson, Aug 6, 2015
  3. ciplok Win User
    Nokia Messaging 1.1 Released

Quote : "Please dont compare this service with Blackberry. Blackberry is too advanced & too professional than NMS. Hence professionals in the world rely on Blackberry & not on Nokia messaging services" I agree with you.

RIM w/ blackberry more advanced & more reliable than nokia messaging.

Tired using NM & want to go for BB.

ciplok, Aug 6, 2015
  4. poset Win User

Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

I am dual-booting between W7 and W10, both Pro-64. The longer I am using Windows 10 the more I am convinced that the "Best Windows Ever" slogan is just an empty babble. It is widely unstable. It fails to upgrade itself. It has been surprisingly stripped of many useful features. It makes users give up control over their systems and transfer it to MS.

I remember when Windows 7 was launched. It might not have been perfect then, but it just worked. I have a four years old system, which I have never reinstalled nor refreshed and it still just works. It is rock solid and reliable. I would really like to tell the same about Windows 10, but it is not good enough yet. It requires plenty of attention to make it work the way I want it and it takes time. Time that is otherwise needed to earn money.

Windows 7 is a workhorse. Windows 10 is a free toy. That's how I feel about it.

poset, Aug 6, 2015
  5. derek10 Win User
    0 stability issues(bsods, hangs, reboots, crashes...) in both computers, desktop and netbook *Biggrin
    As this is not a help thread I won't ask about drivers, hardware, usage mode, when it crashes, what apps do you use etc.
    as for the 125% blurriness, It's crisp here

derek10, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Well.. seems I'm not the only one with problems.

Just because some people have zero problems, do microsoft think that excuses the rest of us who have constant crashes and crap displays?

I'll give this junk 1 or 2 weeks and if it doesn't settle down I'm going back to windows 7
    As it is I've already sacrificed my 125% desktop display, which I prefer.

Why should I make such sacrifices with an 'upgrade'

And talking of productivity, I've had 5 business calls on skype since installing windows 10, and I kid you not, THREE of those calls stalled and crashed, and eventually crashed the entire system. I had to apologise to three clients out of five.
    Appalling.

I'ts not just skype either. I also plugged in my smartphone to retrieve a picture, and the system crashed again.

I also tried to uninstall the desktop skype and install the 'app' skype. It refuses to download.

all in all.. this is sh*t

7. derek10 Win User
    Do you know how MANY combinations of hardware and software are THERE? even when MS stated it will be compatible with all Win 7 machines, this is not true just after being released, as drivers and software should come out for Win10 to those machines to avoid the issues you're facing.

Also I bet the majoriity of installs are working fine, but people will report fails instead of success, making it appear the majoirty are having issues.

any production/office/work/enterprise machine should wait a bit more after a new Windows is released to avoid day 0 issues. You could try Win10 in a VM or partition, leaving Win7 intact to avoid business issues.

derek10, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

Sorry , but Your reply reminds me of the Linux users who make excuses for that worthless system too.

Bottom line for me is simple:
    DOES IT WORK?
    CAN I USE IT FOR THE THINGS I WANT TO USE IT FOR?

If the answer is no, then it shouldnt be released yet.

My system has crashed so many timessince I installed Windows10. How is that acceptable in the real world?

9. poset Win User
    @Derek,

How far is the 6.4 kernel from 6.3 or 6.2? It's the same driver model. The majority of changes are in the shell and API. Fact is, if you look at it from the insider perspective, the 'release' version has been cooked in a hurry, only to make it for the launch date. Thus the ingredients are not ripe enough to taste well.

poset, Aug 6, 2015
  10. MSRadell Win User
    I'm not sure where you're getting information about the fact that you're not the only one with problems! Obviously people have problems when doing an upgrade and they will continue to do so. No upgrade can be perfect but overall from everything I've read this one is much much better than most of them. Your problem regarding the 125% of the first time I read about anybody having a problem like that, so like it might be a video driver issue on your PC or a Monitor issue.

Overall it sounds like you may have some problems during the actual installation or something with cropped on your PC prior to it. What type of hardware you have on your machine, are all the drivers up to date and was Windows 7 completely updated prior to the installation of Windows 10? There certainly many explanations for the prompt you're having and Windows 10 itself is probably not one of them.

MSRadell, Aug 6, 2015
  11. Of course it is more stable. Had 6 years more to become so, and did not have the ambition of stuffing a tablet interface + mobile apps compatibility into your desktop pc. Window 7 was built exclusively for PC, and it does the job exclusively well. I never had any other OS as stable and reliable as Windows 7 was... and if you wish for the flattened windows design you can install the windows 10/8.1 theme packs, they look great, and also has a smoother experience compared to the default Aero themes.

kyliansunn, Aug 6, 2015
  12. MSRadell Win User
    The flattened windows design is one of the few things I don't like about Windows 10, I much prefer the Aero desktop from Windows 7, it looks much more modern and less Apple like.

MSRadell, Aug 6, 2015
  13. derek10 Win User

If Windows should be tested in 100% of combinations of HW and SW, it will be on beta phase for 100 years at least. I said, there are billions or more. Even OS X, which has much less combinations available, still has issues and bugs, and crashes.
    Also, Linux worthless OS? :facepalm: Did you know Linux is a KERNEL? and that you can compile that kernel for your EXACT hardware?

derek10, Aug 6, 2015
  14. derek10 Win User
    But Windows 10 also have many other new core features, right? Isn't just a new Kernel slapped on Win 7/8/8.1

derek10, Aug 6, 2015
  15. Yes, Linux is worthless to me becasue I can't do anything with it.
    Ever tried Skype for Linux for example?
    It comically bad.

Regarding all the other points and coments..
    Look guys, it's really simple.
    'DOES IT WORK PROPERLY?'

If the answer is no, then what damn use is it to me?
    Microsfot came knocking on MY door offering me the free upgrade.
    I assumed is was ready for everyday use.

I agree with a previous poster,
    Windows 7 is the best choice for a desktop pc or laptop.
    It's dedicated, smooth, totally reliable, looks good and is easy to use.

Windows 10 needs loads more work, and I'm supposed to run it in a virtual machine until it works well?
    HA ha HA

Silly joke

I'll get back to the real world of productivity and reliability of Windows 7

Thema:

1. Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes - Similar Threads - more reliable avoid

2. I want to use more than one camera simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use more than one camera simultaneously: I want to use 4 usb cameras for live streaming, but Windows will only allow through the camera feed I last clicked on in Camera settings, how do I get all 4 cameras to be available at the same time?Win 11all MS Lifestyle webcams...
  3. I want to use more than one camera simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to use more than one camera simultaneously: I want to use 4 usb cameras for live streaming, but Windows will only allow through the camera feed I last clicked on in Camera settings, how do I get all 4 cameras to be available at the same time?Win 11all MS Lifestyle webcams...
  4. Need windows 10 for gaming PC but don't want to spend more than $100

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need windows 10 for gaming PC but don't want to spend more than $100: Is there anyway to get windows 10 without word or excel because i have seen some people get it without and only spend $40 and I was wondering how I could do this... Thanks submitted by /u/andersonkirvan [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Use Cpu 90% more Than Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Use Cpu 90% more Than Windows 7: Sir I have Dual Boot OS One Is Windows 7 And second Is Windows 10 pro Sr I have Core 2 duo E7400 processor 4GB ram But The Problem Is when I play Videos in Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bt It take 20 To 30 Percent CPU And Full Hd Videos Played Easily But in case Of Windows 10...
  6. Windows reactivation software is not working (you can help if you want but this is more for...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows reactivation software is not working (you can help if you want but this is more for...: so ive had my old mobo and cpu for two years now, it was fast it was fine but then I needed over 144 frames in games. so I decided to upgrade from a i5-7500 to a ryzen 5 processor. yippee I got new hardware right? that's what you would think two hours later I got the...
  7. If you see this message more than once, ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If you see this message more than once, ...: For the last week or so, I've got this three or four times. [img] So this morning I went through the exercise to no avail. I just got it again. Anyone else getting it? Got any suggestions? I do appreciate y'alls time. Thank you 126957
  8. Does Windows 10 use more data than Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Windows 10 use more data than Windows 7?: I have not changed to Windows 10 yet for several reasons, but I know I will have to sometime. One major ting is delaying my decision. We pay a lot per gigabyte for our internet service, as the only option for us is a USB modem from Verizon. I know Windows 10 has a number of...
  9. Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7: After StatCounter, web analytics firm NetMarketShare has also confirmed that Windows 10 is the most popular version of Windows out there. Windows 10 has reached the milestone more than three years it was launched and the report shows that Microsoft’s desktop OS is still...
  10. Safety/Reliability of Rollback to Windows 7 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safety/Reliability of Rollback to Windows 7 ?: Friends just wondering what the collective wisdom is at this point of time [10/13/15] re: rolling back to Windows 7 on a fairly sensitive RAID 1 system and it is not going to perform well on Windows 10 [for that and other reasons]. How have these gone so far and are there...