Windows 10: Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

Discus and support Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just a thought but this bickering is silly. Drop the issue and go back to WIn7.. I agree it's a nice OS and if that's what you want to use that's fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theVenerable, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

Theres the voice of reason.

But I still say Microsoft shoud have kept it away from the public until it was running better.
    I had similar problems with windows 8, 8.1, and now 10.
    They just don't work well enough.

theVenerable, Aug 6, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Honestly no OS comes out bug free.. and I understand how you feel with the issues you're having. But, keeping up this bickering(the two of you) will just earn someone a ban.

If that's what you guys want keep it up.

BunnyJ, Aug 6, 2015
  3. z3r010 Win User
    Let's play nice folks *Wink

z3r010, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Keepoman Win User

Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

Win10 is a not good for me right now. Even Vista came out in a better shape than this operating system

Keepoman, Aug 6, 2015
  5. I also fee that 10 was released before it was ready. I had many issues with blue screens apps closing by themselves high cpu utilization and fuzzy display clarity.
    I reverted back to 7 as i simply could not trust 10 to work reliably and that is all that matters.

icemankent, Aug 6, 2015
  6. tamo Win User
    Sony vaio wasn't ready for windows 10 , sony say on their support site they are still testing it and will release updated drivers soon . I cant talk for other makes only my vaio , As one poster said there must me a vast amount of combinations to cater for . If I was a business or professional user I would have waited a few Months till things settle down .

7. BunnyJ New Member
    MS has to set a cut off date to release an OS and they did. It's up to the MFG to make sure they meet that date with drivers.. not MS's.

BunnyJ, Aug 6, 2015
  8. wase4711 Win User

Or, done your "due diligence" ahead of time to confirm what was and wasnt ready for your particular machines, so you would not run into issues after upgrading..

wase4711, Aug 6, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    +1 Plus the issue with companies that use proprietary hardware/drivers make it look like it's MS's fault and the mfg need to use more generic drivers/hardware so this is not an issue.

BunnyJ, Aug 6, 2015
  10. tamo Win User
    Fair point , I didn't check ahead of install but fortunately the drivers that are missing are not causing any issues so far .
    I'm not being smug because I do know what its like to spend days and weeks trying to get a working machine .

11. BunnyJ New Member
    I fully understand and appropriate how you must feel about this situation. Sony should use more generic parts and dump the idea of using proprietary from now on. I have a nice Gigabyte motherboard and when I upgraded to 10 the drivers installed with no issues. If Sony and other did the same(generic parts from Asus or Gigabyte.. or anyone else) this would not likely be an issue.

BunnyJ, Aug 6, 2015
  12. tamo Win User
    A nice Gigabyte Motherboard , makes me jealous*cry . Its nice when you can delve in and swap out major components . I think I can be bold and say "laptops are harder to configure as the makers make you use their drivers/software " and the new bios/uefi in laptops have very limited options now .

13. BunnyJ New Member

Laptops are a horror show at best of times to work on. I still think that if not using generic parts Sony should use generic drivers at least so they don't have to maintain them.

Silly of them to have to do that at all,

BunnyJ, Aug 6, 2015
  14. Windows 7 was solid for me upon its first release. If you had any problems, it was your system, not the OS. Windows 7 was solid from the start.

Also, Vista become solid throughout its lifespan. So a refined Vista would have been solid by default. Again, it was your system, not the OS.

Yeah, that was my impression while using the insider preview right until the official release. And it seems that Windows 7 reigns as the most solid OS release Microsoft ever had.

Delicieuxz, Aug 7, 2015
  15. poset Win User
    Laptops can be quite nice to work with if you follow some basic rules: #1. Do not buy entry-level stuff. #2. Select from top 3-5 manufacturers. #3. Avoid too sophisticated configurations.

poset, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes - Similar Threads - more reliable avoid

2. I want to use more than one camera simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use more than one camera simultaneously: I want to use 4 usb cameras for live streaming, but Windows will only allow through the camera feed I last clicked on in Camera settings, how do I get all 4 cameras to be available at the same time?Win 11all MS Lifestyle webcams...
  3. I want to use more than one camera simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to use more than one camera simultaneously: I want to use 4 usb cameras for live streaming, but Windows will only allow through the camera feed I last clicked on in Camera settings, how do I get all 4 cameras to be available at the same time?Win 11all MS Lifestyle webcams...
  4. Need windows 10 for gaming PC but don't want to spend more than $100

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need windows 10 for gaming PC but don't want to spend more than $100: Is there anyway to get windows 10 without word or excel because i have seen some people get it without and only spend $40 and I was wondering how I could do this... Thanks submitted by /u/andersonkirvan [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Use Cpu 90% more Than Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Use Cpu 90% more Than Windows 7: Sir I have Dual Boot OS One Is Windows 7 And second Is Windows 10 pro Sr I have Core 2 duo E7400 processor 4GB ram But The Problem Is when I play Videos in Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bt It take 20 To 30 Percent CPU And Full Hd Videos Played Easily But in case Of Windows 10...
  6. Windows reactivation software is not working (you can help if you want but this is more for...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows reactivation software is not working (you can help if you want but this is more for...: so ive had my old mobo and cpu for two years now, it was fast it was fine but then I needed over 144 frames in games. so I decided to upgrade from a i5-7500 to a ryzen 5 processor. yippee I got new hardware right? that's what you would think two hours later I got the...
  7. If you see this message more than once, ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If you see this message more than once, ...: For the last week or so, I've got this three or four times. [img] So this morning I went through the exercise to no avail. I just got it again. Anyone else getting it? Got any suggestions? I do appreciate y'alls time. Thank you 126957
  8. Does Windows 10 use more data than Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Windows 10 use more data than Windows 7?: I have not changed to Windows 10 yet for several reasons, but I know I will have to sometime. One major ting is delaying my decision. We pay a lot per gigabyte for our internet service, as the only option for us is a USB modem from Verizon. I know Windows 10 has a number of...
  9. Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7: After StatCounter, web analytics firm NetMarketShare has also confirmed that Windows 10 is the most popular version of Windows out there. Windows 10 has reached the milestone more than three years it was launched and the report shows that Microsoft’s desktop OS is still...
  10. Safety/Reliability of Rollback to Windows 7 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safety/Reliability of Rollback to Windows 7 ?: Friends just wondering what the collective wisdom is at this point of time [10/13/15] re: rolling back to Windows 7 on a fairly sensitive RAID 1 system and it is not going to perform well on Windows 10 [for that and other reasons]. How have these gone so far and are there...