Windows 10: Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

Discus and support Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 8 and had zero problems. I did encounter one bug that has been discussed in another thread involving a dialog popping up every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theVenerable, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

I upgraded from Windows 8 and had zero problems. I did encounter one bug that has been discussed in another thread involving a dialog popping up every time I click on a url in an Outlook 2007 email. I have quite a bit of experience in testing and troubleshooting application integrations. Windows 10 has passed every test I have thrown at it. I would even go out on a limb and state that "Windows 10 may be the most stable OS ever!"

jameseroberts3r, Aug 7, 2015
  2. caperjack Win User

I have been using win10 since last october in a duel boot with win8.1, then full time by itself since about april ,and it works great for what i do ,and i use the 125% view and its clear as can be ,,i thing you should do the rollback to win7 and make sure you have everything up todate,like device drivers and Apps that you use ,and try the upgrade again

caperjack, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Not even close:

General Discussion - Windows 10 Forums
    BSOD Crashes and Debugging - Windows 10 Forums

Delicieuxz, Aug 7, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

BunnyJ, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Joanne Win User
    I confirm, as well, that Windows 10 is a very stable OS. On my main installation I have performed lots of changes and I keep going:

- During installation I've disabled everything from the Custom Settings, besides the Smart Screen.
    - I've applied the guide for SSD optimization for Windows 8 , not entirely.
    - I've applied Viper's Services guide for 10.
    - I've disabled all the features in the Privacy menu.
    - I've uninstalled all the default (MS) Apps, including Mail and Calendar.
    - I've disabled Telemetry, Sensors and Cortana from the Group Policy.
    - Plus a couple of other things I might forget now.

All my programs and the operating system function perfectly. DISM and sfc /scannow give me no errors. I have not observed any inconvenience, besides a few known bugs I had since the TPs.

Win 10 is a solid OS.

Other are the things that bother me: this sense of intrusiveness, the sense of the loss of control, and the (hard) work to regain it. I'm working on it because I do have time. The majority does not have my time and the pleasure.

Joanne, Aug 7, 2015
  6. There is a difference between an OS working well for a person, and an OS being solid and stable.

Users and critics confirm Windows 10 is not entirely a solid and stable OS:

SiliconBeat Windows 10 upgrade bug makes some PCs unusable
    Windows 10 Bugs, Problems And Fixes: Activation, Wi-Fi Connectivity, Chrome Browser, Audio Issues And More : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times
    Review: Windows 10 is the best version yet—once the bugs get fixed | Ars Technica
    Windows 10Â*bugs emerge | Fox News

Doing a search for "Windows 7 review" gets lots of results of Windows 7 reviews. Doing a search for "Windows 7 review bugs" changes the search results from being for Windows 7 to being for Windows 10.

Delicieuxz, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Bazz Win User
    I have a nice Gigabyte motherboard also and have had no issues to be asking for help about, I wouldn't have a laptop thrown at me to use as my main PC, I can upgrade as and when I feel or in reality when I can afford.

8. wase4711 Win User

Obviously, since windows 7 is 3 years old, and search returns will rank those much lower..
    anyways, considering there are over 70 million folks who upgraded to win 10 so far, if 1% of folks had issues, that would be 700,000 people, which sounds like a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, 1% of people having problems with ANYTHING would be considered a smashing success.
    As has been said thousands of times over and over, only the complainers, and people with problems post on the internet. The rest of us just enjoy our new OS, and dont feel the need to gloat about how well it is working..

wase4711, Aug 7, 2015
  9. poset Win User
    I must admit that I'm following this thread (and a few similar in this forum) with some amusement. I didn't suspect that a few gigabytes of code and data could raise such amount of emotions.

I can see three flavours of posters here - declared critics, voice of reason (with criticism or praise) and strict Windows Defenders. And I think that the level of emotion might have been caused directly by Microsoft and their campaign around launching Windows 10.

Look, there's never been so much effort in MS to raise apetites, create demand and put pressure on people to upgrade as fast as possible and as many PC-s as possible to a new OS. Windows 10 has the widest beta testing programme ever. It is marketed as "Best Windows Ever". The GWX is the broadest possible teasing campaign and the biggest publicly visible giveup on direct revenue just to give folks incentives to upgrade ASAP.

Obviously, it must have had risen big hopes and expectations, which were suddenly confronted with the reality that is not so bright after all. No wonder it has made many users disappointed. However, considering the scale of the campaign, there are just as many users for whom the 'wow effect' will make up for some quirks and hiccups they encounter, as well as the ones that fell in love with W10. And I believe it is the last two groups that prevail and bring value to MS.

I only keep wondering where the catch is. What is Microsoft's hidden strategy to raise money with Windows 10? Where is the revenue hidden? How much are we tricked by MS? We'll see.

poset, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Bazz Win User
    The thing is with looking at forum results is you only see the bad things, there are many many users very happy with the upgrade, unfortunately the without making sure you can get back to where you were before the upgrade is most users real problem, there are risks with every install.
    Regards

11. BunnyJ New Member
    For many WIn10 is both solid and stable.. And there will always be Windows/MS haters.

BunnyJ, Aug 7, 2015
  12. Bazz Win User
    Indeed Sir well said although 7 came out in 2009 and is 6 years.

13. Antilope Win User

I've upgraded the following eight systems in our home to Windows 10 Home/Pro with zero problems, zero blue screens, zero crashes: (All of the systems run faster under Windows 10 than they did under Windows 7 or 8.1)

-Dell Inspiron 580 desktop (Intel i5 750, 10gb ram, 340gb hard disk) from Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    -Dell Optiplex 790 desktop (Intel i5 2400, 12gb ram, 3TB hard disk) from Windows 7 x64 Professional
    -Dell Inspiron i3847 small desktop (Intel i5 4460, 8gb ram, 1TB hard disk) from Windows 8.1 core x64
    -Home built; Asus motherboard, (Intel i5 3570k, 16gb ram, 1TB hard disk) from Windows 7 Home Premium x64

-Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop (Intel Core2 Duo T9600, 8gb ram, 340gb hard disk) from Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    -Dell Inspiron 17r N7110 laptop (Intel i5 2450M, 8gb ram, 340gb hard disk) from Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    -Dell Inspiron 17r N5737 laptop (Intel Core i5 4200U, 8gb ram, 1GB hard disk) from Windows 8.1 core x64
    -Dell Latitude E6410 laptop (Intel i7-620m, 8gb ram, 340gb hard disk) from Windows 7 x64 Professional

I've been using Windows since Windows 3.0. I am very pleased with Windows 10 and I would not go back to any previous operating system.

Antilope, Aug 7, 2015
  14. Bazz Win User
    Well not go back is a big thing to say atm however I think 10 is a keeper.

15. NUS
    Nus Win User
    I'm happy to take a dump on Microshaft as much as the next hater.

But, I must have built well over 100 systems for myself and others and installed every flavour of Windows since 3.0 except Vista.

Never had instability, blue screens, crashes, freezes, etc. with any of them! Must have just got lucky with my hardware choices I suppose...

I have seen these problems in other, nastily put together, systems though; SiS chipsets anyone? Lol...

I've upgraded and clean installed a number of Win 7 and Win 8 systems to Win 10 now. Still waiting for an instability issue to occur.

Thema:

1. Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes - Similar Threads - more reliable avoid

2. I want to use more than one camera simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use more than one camera simultaneously: I want to use 4 usb cameras for live streaming, but Windows will only allow through the camera feed I last clicked on in Camera settings, how do I get all 4 cameras to be available at the same time?Win 11all MS Lifestyle webcams...
  3. I want to use more than one camera simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to use more than one camera simultaneously: I want to use 4 usb cameras for live streaming, but Windows will only allow through the camera feed I last clicked on in Camera settings, how do I get all 4 cameras to be available at the same time?Win 11all MS Lifestyle webcams...
  4. Need windows 10 for gaming PC but don't want to spend more than $100

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need windows 10 for gaming PC but don't want to spend more than $100: Is there anyway to get windows 10 without word or excel because i have seen some people get it without and only spend $40 and I was wondering how I could do this... Thanks submitted by /u/andersonkirvan [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Use Cpu 90% more Than Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Use Cpu 90% more Than Windows 7: Sir I have Dual Boot OS One Is Windows 7 And second Is Windows 10 pro Sr I have Core 2 duo E7400 processor 4GB ram But The Problem Is when I play Videos in Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bt It take 20 To 30 Percent CPU And Full Hd Videos Played Easily But in case Of Windows 10...
  6. Windows reactivation software is not working (you can help if you want but this is more for...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows reactivation software is not working (you can help if you want but this is more for...: so ive had my old mobo and cpu for two years now, it was fast it was fine but then I needed over 144 frames in games. so I decided to upgrade from a i5-7500 to a ryzen 5 processor. yippee I got new hardware right? that's what you would think two hours later I got the...
  7. If you see this message more than once, ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If you see this message more than once, ...: For the last week or so, I've got this three or four times. [img] So this morning I went through the exercise to no avail. I just got it again. Anyone else getting it? Got any suggestions? I do appreciate y'alls time. Thank you 126957
  8. Does Windows 10 use more data than Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Windows 10 use more data than Windows 7?: I have not changed to Windows 10 yet for several reasons, but I know I will have to sometime. One major ting is delaying my decision. We pay a lot per gigabyte for our internet service, as the only option for us is a USB modem from Verizon. I know Windows 10 has a number of...
  9. Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7: After StatCounter, web analytics firm NetMarketShare has also confirmed that Windows 10 is the most popular version of Windows out there. Windows 10 has reached the milestone more than three years it was launched and the report shows that Microsoft’s desktop OS is still...
  10. Safety/Reliability of Rollback to Windows 7 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safety/Reliability of Rollback to Windows 7 ?: Friends just wondering what the collective wisdom is at this point of time [10/13/15] re: rolling back to Windows 7 on a fairly sensitive RAID 1 system and it is not going to perform well on Windows 10 [for that and other reasons]. How have these gone so far and are there...