Windows 10: Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

Discus and support Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; XP at introduction was also beset with complaints -- the activation system and the PRICE (Windows expensive it was labelled - XP in expensive being the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theVenerable, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

That's not the way I remember it at all. Yes, there were complaints about the activation (complaints which are still valid today, for XP and all versions of Windows since), and the price, but those things have nothing to do with the performance of the OS. I started using XP in early 2002 (pre-service pack), and it worked beautifully from day one. I don't remember a lot of performance-related complaints from people, certainly nothing like with Windows Me and Vista. The main early complaints were with regard to incompatibility with certain older hardware peripherals at the time (printers, scanners, etc.)

I stayed with XP as my main OS until about a week ago (I eventually added Windows 7 along with it in a dual boot configuration, but I rarely used it), so I used it daily for 13 years (I didn't look forward to downgrading to a newer version of Windows, and I'd still much rather be running XP than anything else, but my new hardware has no XP drivers, and I also now have 8 GB of RAM, half of which would be ignored by XP).

I never noticed any performance differences whatsoever in any of the service packs, aside from the "TCP/IP Limit" thing that came along with SP2 that ruined the performance of peer-to-peer file sharing applications at the time (they triggered an EventID 4226 due to exceeding the new limit of 10 for half-open connections), which was promptly and perfectly patched by "LvlLord", allowing you to set the limit as high as you wanted.

MaximRecoil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes

1. Windows 7 more reliable than 10 if you want to avoid hangs & crashes - Similar Threads - more reliable avoid

2. I want to use more than one camera simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use more than one camera simultaneously: I want to use 4 usb cameras for live streaming, but Windows will only allow through the camera feed I last clicked on in Camera settings, how do I get all 4 cameras to be available at the same time?Win 11all MS Lifestyle webcams...
  3. I want to use more than one camera simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to use more than one camera simultaneously: I want to use 4 usb cameras for live streaming, but Windows will only allow through the camera feed I last clicked on in Camera settings, how do I get all 4 cameras to be available at the same time?Win 11all MS Lifestyle webcams...
  4. Need windows 10 for gaming PC but don't want to spend more than $100

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need windows 10 for gaming PC but don't want to spend more than $100: Is there anyway to get windows 10 without word or excel because i have seen some people get it without and only spend $40 and I was wondering how I could do this... Thanks submitted by /u/andersonkirvan [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Use Cpu 90% more Than Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Use Cpu 90% more Than Windows 7: Sir I have Dual Boot OS One Is Windows 7 And second Is Windows 10 pro Sr I have Core 2 duo E7400 processor 4GB ram But The Problem Is when I play Videos in Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bt It take 20 To 30 Percent CPU And Full Hd Videos Played Easily But in case Of Windows 10...
  6. Windows reactivation software is not working (you can help if you want but this is more for...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows reactivation software is not working (you can help if you want but this is more for...: so ive had my old mobo and cpu for two years now, it was fast it was fine but then I needed over 144 frames in games. so I decided to upgrade from a i5-7500 to a ryzen 5 processor. yippee I got new hardware right? that's what you would think two hours later I got the...
  7. If you see this message more than once, ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If you see this message more than once, ...: For the last week or so, I've got this three or four times. [img] So this morning I went through the exercise to no avail. I just got it again. Anyone else getting it? Got any suggestions? I do appreciate y'alls time. Thank you 126957
  8. Does Windows 10 use more data than Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Windows 10 use more data than Windows 7?: I have not changed to Windows 10 yet for several reasons, but I know I will have to sometime. One major ting is delaying my decision. We pay a lot per gigabyte for our internet service, as the only option for us is a USB modem from Verizon. I know Windows 10 has a number of...
  9. Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7: After StatCounter, web analytics firm NetMarketShare has also confirmed that Windows 10 is the most popular version of Windows out there. Windows 10 has reached the milestone more than three years it was launched and the report shows that Microsoft’s desktop OS is still...
  10. Safety/Reliability of Rollback to Windows 7 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safety/Reliability of Rollback to Windows 7 ?: Friends just wondering what the collective wisdom is at this point of time [10/13/15] re: rolling back to Windows 7 on a fairly sensitive RAID 1 system and it is not going to perform well on Windows 10 [for that and other reasons]. How have these gone so far and are there...