Windows 10: Windows 7 OEM Product key / windows 10 Insider {Dual boot}

Discus and support Windows 7 OEM Product key / windows 10 Insider {Dual boot} in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I am currently running Windows 10 on my personal computer. I have a windows 7 Pro OEM software License from a computer I scrapped out a few years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobertPaulson2, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Windows 7 OEM Product key / windows 10 Insider {Dual boot}

Hi,

I am currently running Windows 10 on my personal computer.

I have a windows 7 Pro OEM software License from a computer I scrapped out a few years ago.

I wanted to setup a dual boot and would like to use the product key to install windows 10 Insider but when I typed in the Product key it told me to contact the computer OEM. I am not even sure who was the mfg of that computer.

Is there anything that can be done to do this or am I doing something incorrectly?

Thank you for your help!

:)

RobertPaulson2, Aug 22, 2019
  2. jsalpha2 Win User

Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Aug 22, 2019
  4. EviLZeD Win User

Windows 7 OEM Product key / windows 10 Insider {Dual boot}

activate windows 7 oem key

Ive installed windows 7 using retail disk but with an oem key it worked fine you can always change the key from right clicking my computer-properties then selecting change product key

EviLZeD, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 OEM Product key / windows 10 Insider {Dual boot}

1. Windows 7 OEM Product key / windows 10 Insider {Dual boot} - Similar Threads - OEM Product key

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key: Can i dual boot my Windows 10 Pro OS on same PC and will it work with same Product Key which i had purchased?I want to run 2 Win10 OS on the same PC. Since my hardware config will be the same will it accept the product key on both the same OS?Please clarify if anyone has done...
  3. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key: Can i dual boot my Windows 10 Pro OS on same PC and will it work with same Product Key which i had purchased?I want to run 2 Win10 OS on the same PC. Since my hardware config will be the same will it accept the product key on both the same OS?Please clarify if anyone has done...
  4. Dual Boot Windows 10 with same Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Dual Boot with New and Old OEM Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Dual Boot with New and Old OEM Key: Hi.I have a laptop which came with Windows 10 Home.But then I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro; using a Windows 7 Pro key that I had from previous PC.But now I want to install Windows 11 Home; with dual boot option.So if I shrink C drive and install Windows 11 Home on the new...
  6. Windows Dual Boot with New and Old OEM Key

Windows Dual Boot with New and Old OEM Key: Hi.I have a laptop which came with Windows 10 Home.But then I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro; using a Windows 7 Pro key that I had from previous PC.But now I want to install Windows 11 Home; with dual boot option.So if I shrink C drive and install Windows 11 Home on the new...
  7. Dual Boot with same windows Product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot with same windows Product key.: I have setup a PC with dual boot windows 10 professional . This pc has its own OEM product key for windows 10 professional.in here can i use the same product key on both windows 10 ?...
  8. Dual Boot with same windows Product key.

Dual Boot with same windows Product key.: I have setup a PC with dual boot windows 10 professional . This pc has its own OEM product key for windows 10 professional.in here can i use the same product key on both windows 10 ?...
  9. Dual Boot with same windows Product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Windows 10/7 dual boot question - key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10/7 dual boot question - key: hi guys I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, I could not find the exact answer to my question. Both my laptop and desktop have windows 7, different versions. Both have the upgrade ready for them. I want to dual boot win7 and 10 for a while, likely will fully...