Windows 10: windows 7 on a old laptop have wifi connected but not loading webpages

Discus and support windows 7 on a old laptop have wifi connected but not loading webpages in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my grandad gave me his old laptop but it is 10 years plus laptop with windows 7 on it and it all works except for loading webpages , all the wifi is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Be11a08, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Be11a08 Win User

windows 7 on a old laptop have wifi connected but not loading webpages

my grandad gave me his old laptop but it is 10 years plus laptop with windows 7 on it and it all works except for loading webpages , all the wifi is connected and working , but when i go on internet it will not load webpages it just says internet explorer cannot display the webpage why is that when the wifi is connected ? i know windows 7 is outdated and windows update won’t work , but can i upgrade the windows on it or looking to have to buy a whole new laptop?

:)

Be11a08, Jul 10, 2024
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages

For the past month or so, my laptop (most often when I've first booted it up) will say I'm connected to the wifi fine, but if I open Chrome I get a time out page and it won't load anything. If I run the network diagnostics tool it never finds anything wrong with my connection.

I usually 'fix' this by putting my laptop in airplane mode for a while then reconnecting, attempting to connect to a different wifi network or restarting it but none of these work long term. I'm not sure whether any of this actually gets the wifi working again or if I just waited it out it would start loading pages.

I've tried resetting my IP config, changing the HT mode of my wireless card, and upgrading my wireless card's drivers to no avail. It's a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with a Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 wireless card running Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lydiamorris, Jul 10, 2024
  4. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

1. windows 7 on a old laptop have wifi connected but not loading webpages - Similar Threads - old laptop wifi

2. windows 7 on a old laptop have wifi connected but not loading webpages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 on a old laptop have wifi connected but not loading webpages: my grandad gave me his old laptop but it is 10 years plus laptop with windows 7 on it and it all works except for loading webpages , all the wifi is connected and working , but when i go on internet it will not load webpages it just says internet explorer cannot display the...
  3. Webpages that have to refresh not loading, windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webpages that have to refresh not loading, windows 10: After not using my PC for about 3 months, I am suddenly experiencing issues with websites that have to constantly refresh like YouTube, Google Docs, Microsoft word online, twitter, instagram, spotify, etc. They either take too long to load, or do not load at all. Images and...
  4. Webpages that have to refresh not loading, windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webpages that have to refresh not loading, windows 10: After not using my PC for about 3 months, I am suddenly experiencing issues with websites that have to constantly refresh like YouTube, Google Docs, Microsoft word online, twitter, instagram, spotify, etc. They either take too long to load, or do not load at all. Images and...
  5. Webpages that have to refresh not loading, windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. WEBPAGE NOT LOADING

WEBPAGE NOT LOADING: I need help with getting a website page to load. I have a subscription to newspapers.com &I have tried to open the link for the site, however, the site page is not opening. The tab shows I'm in the site but there is no data showing. How do I resolve this issue? Thanks,...
  7. wifi connects but webpage doesnt load

wifi connects but webpage doesnt load: i recently had issues with wifi network adapter , hence i uninstalled nad updated to new version, now i can connect to wifi for only once , but nothing loads from web.once i restart my computer the error "cant connect to this network" appears whenever i try to connect to...
  8. Webpages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Webpages not loading: Some webpages are not loading for a day. I'm using just about every browser like Maxthon, Mozzila Firefox, Chrome and opera and Internet Explorer and the problem appears again. Sometimes is fixed via pc restart only. Why is happening and what should i do? I'm also trying to...
  9. Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages

Laptop showing connected to wifi but can't load webpages: For the past month or so, my laptop (most often when I've first booted it up) will say I'm connected to the wifi fine, but if I open Chrome I get a time out page and it won't load anything. If I run the network diagnostics tool it never finds anything wrong with my...
  10. Webpage Loading

Webpage Loading: All of a sudden, some webpages load SUUUPPPERR SLOOWW even though they didn't before. I just installed the latest Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver if that helps at all :/ What is the latest version of that driver, by the way? Thanks1 47388