Windows 10: Windows 7 operating system install disc

Discus and support Windows 7 operating system install disc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Though I had updated to Win 10, I threw away the original OS install discs and hard drive, since I was going to rid of Dell Inspiron PC desktop. But a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MariaMillier, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Windows 7 operating system install disc

Though I had updated to Win 10, I threw away the original OS install discs and hard drive, since I was going to rid of Dell Inspiron PC desktop. But a relative wanted the pc, so how do I get another OS install discs ?? which do I get, the win 10 and where can I get one?? Thank you!

:)

MariaMillier, Dec 27, 2019

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Windows 7 operating system install disc

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 operating system install disc

1. Windows 7 operating system install disc - Similar Threads - operating system install

2. Operating System not found windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System not found windows 7: I want to upgrade my windows 7 laptop to windows 10. I started it and it is showing operating system not found. I tried going into the BIOS and resetting it and it is not working. I also tried holding the assist button, pressing the F8 button multiple times but it is still...
  3. Operating System not found windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating System not found windows 7: I want to upgrade my windows 7 laptop to windows 10. I started it and it is showing operating system not found. I tried going into the BIOS and resetting it and it is not working. I also tried holding the assist button, pressing the F8 button multiple times but it is still...
  4. Windows 7 Operating System Installation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Operating System Installation problem: I have just installed a new Windows 7 operating system, replacing a faulty system with missing Windows apps. The installation went well except that at the end I was unable to connect to the Internet. The resulting error message was “Windows could not find a driver for your...
  5. Windows 7 Operating System Installation problem

Windows 7 Operating System Installation problem: I have just installed a new Windows 7 operating system, replacing a faulty system with missing Windows apps. The installation went well except that at the end I was unable to connect to the Internet. The resulting error message was “Windows could not find a driver for your...
  6. Operating System installation.

Operating System installation.: HiI have Lenovo v14, Have available inside laptop SSD and HDD, Need to install OS only in SSD.Please tell me the step, Looking forward to your response. Thank you in advance!...
  7. Disc 0 is my Operating system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disc 0 is my Operating system: Hi Newby here,I am having a problem with my new pc. Installed win 10 and office 10 with out a hitch and the pc is running well on my SATA M.2 drive. I then installed a another SATA M.2 drive and noticed that my operating system m.2 drive has change to disc 1 The new SATA m.2...
  8. Disc 0 is my Operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc 0 is my Operating system: Hi Newby here,I am having a problem with my new pc. Installed win 10 and office 10 with out a hitch and the pc is running well on my SATA M.2 drive. I then installed a another SATA M.2 drive and noticed that my operating system m.2 drive has change to disc 1 The new SATA m.2...
  9. Disc 0 is my Operating system

10. INSTALLING WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INSTALLING WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM: Hi Guys, Gals and Clever people, A little background first it'll only take a second...promise. I'm in the UK. Had a Japanese student next door who was returning home after finishing his university degree. He saw me on his way to the rubbish bin and asked if I wanted one of...