Windows 10: Windows 7 or 10 which is best for Gaming ?

Discus and support Windows 7 or 10 which is best for Gaming ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Which is better windows 7 or windows 10 for gaming??? RAM=2 gb plz help... 76070 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by arsi, Jan 28, 2017.

1. arsi Win User

Windows 7 or 10 which is best for Gaming ?

Which is better windows 7 or windows 10 for gaming???

RAM=2 gb

plz help...

:)

2. what is the best version of windows 10 for gaming?

Hi Anthony,

There are different features for productivity and user experience between the Windows 10 Editions. However, both editions are gaming capable. To check the comparison between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro, you can visit this

link

The games that you will play on the computer will depend on the hardware specifications of your PC. There are games that require a specific requirement so you can play it on a Windows 10 device. To get the best experience with Windows 10, you can visit Windows
    10 Specifications & Systems Requirements
    as your reference.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 28, 2017
  3. what is the best version of windows 10 for gaming?

what is the best version of windows 10 for gaming?

Anthony2772003, Jan 28, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi there.

From personal experience Windows 10 is a better performer for games. However you are rather limited with just 2gb of RAM. Windows 7 and 10 have the same requirements.

How old is your machine and could you think about adding more memory, it would really help.

swarfega, Jan 28, 2017
  5. arsi Win User
    1 years old i think, and ok thanks a lot!!!*Smile

6. swarfega Win User
    Glad to have helped. I would try for adding another 2gb at least.

swarfega, Jan 28, 2017
  7. 4GB isn't even the bare minimum. It's 8GB.

RoasterMen, Jan 28, 2017
  8. Windows 7 or 10 which is best for Gaming ?

At least, it is if you plan on playing anything designed in the last 3-5 years. I cannot believe a system purchased new a year ago would only have 2GB RAM. Even the crappy Lenovo mini PC's for under $200 come with 4GB, and they can barely run anything.

IIRC, Win10 uses less memory overhead than Win7 does, but either way, your're looking at not enough free RAM to play just about any title that is at the level of Minecraft or better with only 2GB.

SylenThunder, Feb 1, 2017
  9. clam1952 Win User
    Sure the OP isn't confusing Vram with actual ram?
    Full specs might be a good idea.

clam1952, Feb 1, 2017
  10. Minecraft isn't always "More RAM the better" I've seen some systems with i7 4770k struggling to run that game maxed out.

RoasterMen, Feb 4, 2017
  11. Windows 7 is better if you care more about the total overall # of games that will work. But Windows 10 is usually a bit better if you care more about gaming performance.

There are a lot of games that have DRM like SecuROM, SafeDisc, StarForce, etc, and these games either don't work with 10 or are a real pain to get working, requiring workarounds and files of dubious origin to bypass the DRM. Microsoft blocked most of these DRMs, labelling them as a security risk.

Also keep in mind that games that are DirectX 12-exclusive will only work in 10, but not 7.

As for gaming performance differences between 7 and 10, the difference is minimal or non-existent in most cases. In many cases a particular game may run better in 7 but not so well in 10.

Another thing to remember is that your hardware will be the biggest determining factor in what games you can play, not so much which version of Windows you're using.

In practice, almost every game I've tried on 10 has run with few or no issues, although some needed workarounds. I would say the move to 10 has been worth it for the most part (not to mention that my current hardware isn't entirely compatible with 7 because my hardware is relatively new, and a few specific drivers aren't available for 7, I've already tried).

AnonVendetta, Feb 6, 2017
  12. pparks1 Win User
    I prefer 10 because it finds all of my hardware without me loading anything. Only thing I manually install a driver for is my video card.

pparks1, Feb 7, 2017
  13. bestellen Win User

I dont think there is a HUGE difference but I went from windows 7 to windows 10 and its just overall a much better experince.. plus they practically cost the same so you might as well buy the newest version

bestellen, Feb 18, 2017
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you are going to buy Windows then you might as well buy Windows 7 since Windows 10 will still currently activate with a Windows 7 product key. Then the user can try both and see which they like better.

NavyLCDR, Feb 18, 2017
  15. Stephanie Win User
    Hi arsi I would go Windows 10 but you could do with more Ram, what is the make and model number of your Motherboard ?

Stephanie, Feb 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 7 or 10 which is best for Gaming ? - Similar Threads - best Gaming

2. Best OS for low-end laptop for gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best OS for low-end laptop for gaming.: Hi I am having some performance issues with my old laptop12-13 years old. I was thinking If there is any good OS that can install and run it in my old laptop without any performance issues....
  3. Best OS for low-end laptop for gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best OS for low-end laptop for gaming.: Hi I am having some performance issues with my old laptop12-13 years old. I was thinking If there is any good OS that can install and run it in my old laptop without any performance issues....
  4. Optimize NVIDIA Control Panel: Best settings for gaming performance

in Windows 10 News
    Optimize NVIDIA Control Panel: Best settings for gaming performance: [ATTACH]NVIDIA GPUs are like gold for gamers, however, not all of them offer top-of-the-line performance, and even if you have the flagship GPU, by optimizing it, you can improve its performance. By tweaking some settings we can optimize NVIDIA Control Panel for gaming to...
  5. what's the best gaming monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    what's the best gaming monitor?: I'm looking to add a 2nd computer monitor to my setup. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  6. Best Gaming/Ultra Wide Monitor for 2080 RTX Super?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best Gaming/Ultra Wide Monitor for 2080 RTX Super?: Let me start off by saying I don't know what the hell is going on with these. There's like 500 million options. People say 2080 RTX Super is good for 144mhz and some say otherwise. I also day trade so I was looking for a nice big ass, ultra wide monitor to keep all the charts...
  7. How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC: [ATTACH]HDR or High Dynamic Range is the technology that increases the brightness and color of a display in order to deliver high-quality images and videos to the user. Undoubtedly, playing a game on an HDR-capable monitor gives you the best gaming experience. If you have...
  8. How to configure best HDR settings for gaming on Xbox on TV

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure best HDR settings for gaming on Xbox on TV: [ATTACH]HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. It is a technology developed to improve the image and video quality. Some of you might be familiar with the term HDR. Today, this technology is widely used in cameras, smartphones, and TVs. The aim of developing the HDR technology is...
  9. How to configure the best FPS settings for gaming on a PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure the best FPS settings for gaming on a PC: [ATTACH]FPS or Frames Per Second denotes the number of images a CPU is able to display on the screen in one second. The term FPS not only applies to video games but also to videos. The high FPS means more images are displayed on the screen in one second, which smoothens the...
  10. Best Free Steam Games for Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Best Free Steam Games for Windows PC: [ATTACH]If you are a gamer, I am pretty sure that you are not oblivious to the Steam platform. It is a wonderland for gamers as it stores a lot of great games. However, a general perception is that Steam all the games on Steam are paid, which is far from the truth, there are...