Windows 10: Windows 7 OS HDD merge to new Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 7 OS HDD merge to new Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i found an old hard drive in my basement, as i remember it is an windows 7 hard drive with my old files in it. Now i have a new pc with windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AoiAkagi, Oct 31, 2020.

1. AoiAkagi Win User

Windows 7 OS HDD merge to new Windows 10

So i found an old hard drive in my basement, as i remember it is an windows 7 hard drive with my old files in it. Now i have a new pc with windows 10 HDD in it, can i put the old hard drive to retrieve my old files? Btw i dont know if my old hard drive is still working, is it safe? I want to use it as backup

:)

AoiAkagi, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Windows 7 OS HDD merge to new Windows 10

Install windows 10, 7 or both on my desktop pc?!

so. my new desktop is here (the one in my specs list), and although i only got 1x 250gb ssd for now, im still unsure whether i should install windows 7 or 10... i have been using windows 7 until today, but im tempted to give windows 10 a go, to see how it works etc, since i have never tried it properly. on the other hand, im super comfy with windows 7. i know it quite well and im very satisfied with it. i know that im stuck with DX11 for windows 7, but im not the hardcore gamer or so, but i'd like to have the possibility to play future games too, but i can still do that with windows 7, can't i?

so. im leaning more towards installing windows 7 at first and then maybe install windows 10 as a secondary OS. how does that sound? would it work good? i have tried reading up on a recent thread in here about that, and that seemed to be working great for that person.

anything i should remember/keep in mind when/if i choose to have 2 OS on 1x hdd? obviously, i need to install them onto 2 different partitions, but how much space should i allocate for each OS on my 250gb ssd? that way, if i dislike windows 10 that much, i can simply continue with my windows 7 and just delete the window 10 partition.

thanks for any advises on this.

minstreless, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 OS HDD merge to new Windows 10

1. Windows 7 OS HDD merge to new Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDD merge

2. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  3. removing files from merged hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing files from merged hdd: i have 2 hdd merged as dynamic partitions and i want to remove one of them without loosing any data. how can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-files-from-merged-hdd/7b4da415-4874-4d6c-8844-b4eb40d40702
  4. removing files from merged hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing files from merged hdd: i have 2 hdd merged as dynamic partitions and i want to remove one of them without loosing any data. how can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-files-from-merged-hdd/7b4da415-4874-4d6c-8844-b4eb40d40702
  5. I have an internal 1T HDD storage drive that I want to merge with my C drive, however, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an internal 1T HDD storage drive that I want to merge with my C drive, however, it...: My 1T storage drive is in the Basic position. My C drive is labeled Disk-1. The healthy recovery partition also follows the C drive in the Disk Management screen....
  6. I have an internal 1T HDD storage drive that I want to merge with my C drive, however, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an internal 1T HDD storage drive that I want to merge with my C drive, however, it...: My 1T storage drive is in the Basic position. My C drive is labeled Disk-1. The healthy recovery partition also follows the C drive in the Disk Management screen....
  7. I see my two 1TB merged SSDs and my 2TB HDD. What is Disk 1 now? I am confused.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I see my two 1TB merged SSDs and my 2TB HDD. What is Disk 1 now? I am confused.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AchillesHerz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln1zsr/i_see_my_two_1tb_merged_ssds_and_my_2tb_hdd_what/
  8. How to merge two partitions of HDD into one without affecting the data on it

How to merge two partitions of HDD into one without affecting the data on it: The title says it all, there are only two partitions on my hard disk. Any thoughts? submitted by /u/ProcessOn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxj6i2/how_to_merge_two_partitions_of_hdd_into_one/
  9. How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD

How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD: Greetings folks, My thinkpad got 2 hard drives with critical software: 1st drive with dual-boot windows10/windows10 64bits 400gb Partitions: EFI, recovery, windows, windows 2nd drive with a windows 10 64 bits 500b Partitions: EFI, recovery, windows I got tired of...
  10. windows not starting after merging a hdd partition with c drive

in Windows 10 Support
    windows not starting after merging a hdd partition with c drive: as my c drive was full, i tried merging my one of the partition (F) with C using EasyUS partition manager after merging it asked me to reboot system after reboot windows loading logo appeared which was there for an hour so i taken the battery out of my laptop when reinserted...