Windows 10: Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network

Discus and support Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I have a small business and we have 4 PCs connected in a network. 3 of these are Windows 10 and fully updated. One is still stuck on Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisPanayotov, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network

Hello,I have a small business and we have 4 PCs connected in a network. 3 of these are Windows 10 and fully updated. One is still stuck on Windows 7 due to possible migration issues.Until recently, a printer that is connected to the Windows 7 PC was freely usable by the rest of the network. Since the forced removal of the Homegroup feature in the latest update, however, the Windows 10 PCs on the network can no longer see the printer or use it. Due to how the office is laid out and the specific needs carried out on the Windows 7 PC, the printer cannot be moved to another PC. It has to stay conn

:)

ChrisPanayotov, Oct 20, 2021

2. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Oct 20, 2021
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network

printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

Thema:

Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network

1. Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network - Similar Threads - longer shares printer

2. printer on shared network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer on shared network: I have just updated Window 11, after updating the window, I am unable to add printer shared on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-shared-network/3b1ac14f-dca7-473a-9590-663d80e24a9d
  3. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  4. sharing a printer on network

sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  5. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  7. Network shared printers.

Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  8. Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network: Hello,I have a small business and we have 4 PCs connected in a network. 3 of these are Windows 10 and fully updated. One is still stuck on Windows 7 due to possible migration issues.Until recently, a printer that is connected to the Windows 7 PC was freely usable by the rest...
  9. Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network

Windows 7 PC no longer shares printer with the rest of the network: Hello,I have a small business and we have 4 PCs connected in a network. 3 of these are Windows 10 and fully updated. One is still stuck on Windows 7 due to possible migration issues.Until recently, a printer that is connected to the Windows 7 PC was freely usable by the rest...
  10. Printer sharing on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer sharing on network: I have a new MFC installed on a network computer but connected via USB. The printer is set up to share and I can connect and print from another desktop on a wired network. However, I can not load the printer utilities and remotely configure the MFC. The error message says the...