Windows 10: windows 7 pro activation

Discus and support windows 7 pro activation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why was windows 7 activation denied with a genuine product key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by woonor, Jun 22, 2022.

1. woonor Win User

windows 7 pro activation

Why was windows 7 activation denied with a genuine product key?

:)

woonor, Jun 22, 2022
  2. nkienitz Win User

Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Naelex Win User
    Windows 7 Club

How to Rearm and Extend Free Usage (Activation Grace Period) of Windows 7 to 120 Days

‘Rearm’ trick on Windows 7 is done using the similar commands and steps with Windows Vista. Follow these steps to reset and extend activation grace period from 30 days to 120 days in Windows 7:

Type any of the following commands into the command prompt, and then hit Enter:

Code: sysprep /generalize slmgr.vbs –rearm rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows slmgr /rearm[/quote] As rearm only works for 3 times, make sure the command is only been run when the 30 days countdown of evaluation period is almost expired.

source: mydigitallife.info

Naelex, Jun 22, 2022
  4. windows 7 pro activation

Activation Windows 10 Pro.

• The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows

Andre Da Costa, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

windows 7 pro activation

1. windows 7 pro activation - Similar Threads - pro activation

2. Windows 11 Pro activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro activation: I purchased a new Surface 9 Pro directly from Microsoft. It comes with Windows 11 Home. I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro via the Microsoft store. It updated without any issues. Now Windows won't activate, and it appears that the machine thinks it is Windows 11 Enterprise....
  3. Windows 11 Pro activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro activation: I purchased a new Surface 9 Pro directly from Microsoft. It comes with Windows 11 Home. I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro via the Microsoft store. It updated without any issues. Now Windows won't activate, and it appears that the machine thinks it is Windows 11 Enterprise....
  4. Windows 8 pro activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 pro activation: So Lately I boot my old pc to see something and i keep getting the notification to activate the windows with product key and i cannot upgrade it to win 10 or do anything cause of that limitation. I don't know where the key is after all these years so what should i do? TIA...
  5. Windows 8 pro activation

Windows 8 pro activation: So Lately I boot my old pc to see something and i keep getting the notification to activate the windows with product key and i cannot upgrade it to win 10 or do anything cause of that limitation. I don't know where the key is after all these years so what should i do? TIA...
  6. windows 11 Pro Box activation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Pro Box activation problem: I have a problem with the activation of windows 11 pro BOX version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-box-activation-problem/d2bdc854-aad1-43cf-87d9-3dff99fc1942
  7. windows 11 Pro Box activation problem

windows 11 Pro Box activation problem: I have a problem with the activation of windows 11 pro BOX version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-box-activation-problem/d2bdc854-aad1-43cf-87d9-3dff99fc1942
  8. Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...: Hello,I've had the worst time trying to activate Windows 11. I upgraded from Windows 10 Education to Windows 11 Education. I didn't have the Windows Education key anymore so I bought a Windows 11 Home key. It turns out you can't use a Windows 11 Home key to activate a Windows...
  9. Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...

Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...: Hello,I've had the worst time trying to activate Windows 11. I upgraded from Windows 10 Education to Windows 11 Education. I didn't have the Windows Education key anymore so I bought a Windows 11 Home key. It turns out you can't use a Windows 11 Home key to activate a Windows...
  10. Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit: Hello. I recently started work with a company that builds and services computer systems used in flight simulation. We are a small business less than 5 employees so I am not sure if any of the Volume Licensing programs would be open to us. Onto the issue at hand. Many of the...