Windows 10: Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am the admin for a small non-profit. We do not have a Volume License key per se, but we do have a MAK license key. Some of our laptops have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DeaconFrost, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

I am the admin for a small non-profit. We do not have a Volume License key per se, but we do have a MAK license key. Some of our laptops have been popping up with the "reserve your Windows 10" box.

How would this work, considering we use a MAK key? I'm assuming the upgrade would work, but does this invalidate our key in any way? I only want to upgrade one laptop at this point, so I'm wondering if I should just use the OEM key that came with the laptop.

:)

DeaconFrost, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Okkx Win User

Can Windows 7 Pro 64bits from MSDNAA upgrade to Windows 10 ?

Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for.

My other question is : once I activated my Windows 7 Pro by phone, and start the upgrade to Windows 10. What happens to my key ? Do my Windows 7 Pro mak key is turned into a Windows 10 mak key, or do my PC gets a "normal" key assigned to it (for the whole
    lifetime of my PC) ? (like other "regular" keys do ?)

3. Okkx Win User
    Can Windows 7 Pro 64bits from MSDNAA upgrade to Windows 10 ?

I got my licence key with a .ISO from the MSDNAA program a few years ago when I was a student.

It's not an enterprise version, it's Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bits.

Problem : my key is expired due to many formating and fresh installs. I read that I may have a "mak" key ?! (error error 0xc004c020)

Why ? Everywhere on forums, Microsoft support say those key are for IT professionals... I am NOT a professional and got the key through the "MSDNAA" university partnership as a student.

Here: Suggestions for upgrading Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 free upgrade

Someone says : "if you use the retail media of Windows 7 pro with mak key, yes you will be able to upgrade legally to windows 10"

But on another post I created : Windows 10 upgrade with Windows 7 MAK Key

I'm told my Windows 7 Pro with MAK key is not included in the Windows 10 upgrade...

What is the official answer ? Completely lost.

Thank you

4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

The key will be whatever one the computer is currently activated with, which in your case would be the MAK key.
    You would have to change the product key to the one on the COA then do the upgrade. That should work.

Right click on Computer then Properties. Use the Change product key link at bottom right.

Is the MAK key from Techsoup? I've upgraded a couple of our 8.1s to 10 with no problems so far.

Ztruker, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

1. Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade - Similar Threads - Pro MAK Key

2. Reinstalling Windows 11 Pro with MediaCreationTool MAK key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 11 Pro with MediaCreationTool MAK key: Hi.I have bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed Italian language. The Windows 11 Pro key type is VOLUME_MAK.Can I create a Windows 11 Pro install USB with MediaCreationTool with this type of key?Can I change the language from Italian to English in...
  3. Reinstalling Windows 11 Pro with MediaCreationTool MAK key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows 11 Pro with MediaCreationTool MAK key: Hi.I have bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed Italian language. The Windows 11 Pro key type is VOLUME_MAK.Can I create a Windows 11 Pro install USB with MediaCreationTool with this type of key?Can I change the language from Italian to English in...
  4. Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys: Dears,We facing issue while tying to activate Windows 7 Extended support key. Its showing still Unlicensed and Error Product not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-7-extended-support-licenses-mak/419fc5c7-8fc5-4bb9-aeb5-5437e799c967
  5. Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys: Dears,We facing issue while tying to activate Windows 7 Extended support key. Its showing still Unlicensed and Error Product not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-7-extended-support-licenses-mak/419fc5c7-8fc5-4bb9-aeb5-5437e799c967
  6. Upgrade to Windows 11 using Volume License MAK key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows 11 using Volume License MAK key: Currently I'm using Windows 10 pro activated with Volume MAK key. Can i use the same product key on the same pc when I'm upgrading to Windows 11 or i do not need to insert any product key for Windows 11 since it is a free upgrade from Windows 10?...
  7. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?: Hi, I have some questions about Windows 10 activation. About a year ago I got a new laptop with 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD with Win10 Home. I removed the SSD and replaced the HDD with a 2TB that I'm using for dual booting. I reinstalled Win10 to an empty 1TB partition from a...
  8. MAK VOLUME key?

MAK VOLUME key?: I had a retail license for windows 10 pro. I went to the microsoft store and then installed windows 10 pro for workstations since it was free. Afterwards I typed slmgr /xpr and slmgr /dli. It showed me that my machine is permanently activated but it had a MAK VOLUME license....
  9. MAK key

MAK key: Good evening, I have bought a Windows 10 key on the Internet and than activated it on my PC. It appeared to be a MAK key and so i got scammed. The seller told me that it is not possible for me to be refunded su I decided just to delete this key from my PC slmgr /upk and...
  10. Activate Windows 10 pro using Windows 7 MAK key

Activate Windows 10 pro using Windows 7 MAK key: Hi, I have a few obsolete workstations under Windows 7 that I need to replace. The Windows licence on them was purchased via a program that Microsoft was offering back in 2006 or so. The key were called MAK key, and I was able to install 10 copies using the same key. The...