Windows 10: Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am the admin for a small non-profit. We do not have a Volume License key per se, but we do have a MAK license key. Some of our laptops have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DeaconFrost, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

I am the admin for a small non-profit. We do not have a Volume License key per se, but we do have a MAK license key. Some of our laptops have been popping up with the "reserve your Windows 10" box.

How would this work, considering we use a MAK key? I'm assuming the upgrade would work, but does this invalidate our key in any way? I only want to upgrade one laptop at this point, so I'm wondering if I should just use the OEM key that came with the laptop.

:)

DeaconFrost, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Okkx Win User

Can Windows 7 Pro 64bits from MSDNAA upgrade to Windows 10 ?

Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for.

My other question is : once I activated my Windows 7 Pro by phone, and start the upgrade to Windows 10. What happens to my key ? Do my Windows 7 Pro mak key is turned into a Windows 10 mak key, or do my PC gets a "normal" key assigned to it (for the whole
    lifetime of my PC) ? (like other "regular" keys do ?)

3. Okkx Win User
    Can Windows 7 Pro 64bits from MSDNAA upgrade to Windows 10 ?

I got my licence key with a .ISO from the MSDNAA program a few years ago when I was a student.

It's not an enterprise version, it's Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bits.

Problem : my key is expired due to many formating and fresh installs. I read that I may have a "mak" key ?! (error error 0xc004c020)

Why ? Everywhere on forums, Microsoft support say those key are for IT professionals... I am NOT a professional and got the key through the "MSDNAA" university partnership as a student.

Here: Suggestions for upgrading Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 free upgrade

Someone says : "if you use the retail media of Windows 7 pro with mak key, yes you will be able to upgrade legally to windows 10"

But on another post I created : Windows 10 upgrade with Windows 7 MAK Key

I'm told my Windows 7 Pro with MAK key is not included in the Windows 10 upgrade...

What is the official answer ? Completely lost.

Thank you

4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

The key will be whatever one the computer is currently activated with, which in your case would be the MAK key.
    You would have to change the product key to the one on the COA then do the upgrade. That should work.

Right click on Computer then Properties. Use the Change product key link at bottom right.

Is the MAK key from Techsoup? I've upgraded a couple of our 8.1s to 10 with no problems so far.

Ztruker, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

1. Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade - Similar Threads - Pro MAK Key

2. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade: Hi, Is it still possible to free upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 Pro. Our customer has bought M365 E3 license which has Windows enterprise free upgradation license. For this to happen, the base OS should be Windows 10 Pro activated. Currently some machines are in...
  3. Activating Windows Pro 10 with Windows Pro 7 Key

Activating Windows Pro 10 with Windows Pro 7 Key: Hi all, From what I understand, we could use our existing Windows 7/8.1 product key to activate a Windows 10 product. I have been receiving error code : 0xC004C003 when using my genuine Windows Pro 7 key though. The installed Windows 10 is the Pro version. Any help...
  4. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key: Hi all, I have a windows 10 home device but I would like to be able to use a pro version of Windows 10, I have a copy of windows 7 pro and I was wondering if the key can be used in the store to upgrade the version of windows to win10 pro. I have entered the key and it said...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade key

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade key: I had Windows 10 Home edition. Last year I bought an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Order number 2093804034 I elected to join the Windows Insider Program (to get DX12 ahead of time) and this all worked fine. I then upgraded my Motherboard and CPU and now it says I must...
  6. Transfering a MAK volume key to another computer

Transfering a MAK volume key to another computer: I bought a new computer with windows 10 home. I want to transfer my hardrives to the new one but I would rather use the windows 10 pro OS. My copy is a MAK volume channel, would I need to deactivate the key on the previous computer to use the key on the new one? I made...
  7. What are KMS and MAK Volume Licensing Keys of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    What are KMS and MAK Volume Licensing Keys of Windows: [ATTACH] Microsoft wants to make sure that every Windows 10 that is used is activated i.e. marked as genuine. When a copy of Windows is activated it goes through a check. The way a copy of Windows is activated differently from each [...] This post What are KMS and MAK Volume...
  8. Mak Key Enterprise question

Mak Key Enterprise question: Hello all, I have obtained a windows 10 enterprise Volume MAK USB and key. Although this is kind of a waste in the meantime I just want to use it on one PC. So is it possible for me to use this USB and the key and install it on the one for the time being. 116846
  9. Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro key

Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro key: Hi guys Quick question which I have tried googling and found no definitive answer to. I have Windows 10 Home and want to upgrade to Pro. I also have an unactivated Windows 7 Pro key from an old laptop. Does anyone know whether I can use the Windows 7 Pro key to activate...
  10. Windows 7 key after upgrade

Windows 7 key after upgrade: HI, searching around with no luck. If I upgrade to 10 with my legal copy of win 7 can I then turn around and install my copy of win 7 on my second pc legally. 41557