Windows 10: Windows 7 Pro Should Continue for PRO USERS

Discus and support Windows 7 Pro Should Continue for PRO USERS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Let's face it, Windows 10 Pro is NOT a Professional OS... it is setup for Family Users; note the Xbox/games & social media - TIME WASTERS. As a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KozmicKozi, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Windows 7 Pro Should Continue for PRO USERS

Let's face it, Windows 10 Pro is NOT a Professional OS... it is setup for Family Users; note the Xbox/games & social media - TIME WASTERS.

As a small business owner, I need the Pro part of the name to actually mean something. If you fill the system with games & other misc garbage that only serves to waste time, then the OS becomes unstable. When the IT Dept makes the necessary adjustments, to create a business/professional OS, the system becomes even more unstable. THEN, installing outside software is like building a house on 3 bricks as a foundation!

Furthermore, when the features/apps names/settings are changed the system becomes EVEN MORE UNSTABLE!!! Eventually, the only recourse is to Reset the system & begin changing settings to suit the company's needs & reinstalling company programs AGAIN...REPEATING WORK ALREADY LOGGED/PAID FOR BY THE COMPANY! What a waste of time & money...not to mention the frustration & loss of use.

The simple fix, for Microsoft & everyone involved, is to just make Windows 7 Pro continue being supported as the Small Business Pro OS.

SO VERY SIMPLE!!! It is already the most stable OS to ever exist AND it is ready to go!

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind.

WAKE UP, MICROSOFT!!!

There is a reason that no one wants to give up Windows 7 Pro; and I am returning TODAY.

I will enjoy the remaining months like a long overdue vacation; which is what it is... a vacation from the mess that IS Windows 10 Not-Pro.

[The curse of my nerd existence.]

:)

KozmicKozi, Aug 19, 2019

2. Windows 7 Club

You can add me to the list of Win 7 users. I've been using Windows 7 Pro for about a month now and I love it.

Apocolypse007, Aug 19, 2019
  3. nkienitz Win User
    Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Aug 19, 2019
  4. NickSteel Win User

Windows 7 Pro Should Continue for PRO USERS

Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 Pro Should Continue for PRO USERS

1. Windows 7 Pro Should Continue for PRO USERS - Similar Threads - Pro Should Continue

2. Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Pro: So I have a Windows 7 Pro product key and was wondering if I could go back to Windows 7, activate the pro key then upgrade back to Windows 10 and then have Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro/cbad179a-5287-42dc-b570-23283b1d5662
  3. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Do I need to have an IT professional on site to make the transition from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/d7e82d4b-0ac6-4fb5-afd7-b5bbb133a7d7
  4. window 7 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    window 7 pro: Hi there had a message to say the support for windows 7 pro - can I download windows 10 onto my computer and that will fix it. Am senior and not very savvy on technical stuff.. Thanking you in advance...
  5. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Stuck

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Stuck: I am currently upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on my main video editing system. Upon first forced restart, the “shutting down” screen has been going on for over an hour. Is this normal? How long should I expect this to last? Please advise. -Michael...
  6. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro: I have 8 PC's / laptops which need to be upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Is there a specific Windows 10 Pro I need to purchase for the upgrade. There are numerous cost variances across online resellers. Will they all work or do I need specifics?? The cost...
  7. End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users

in Windows 10 News
    End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users: Microsoft started to inform Windows 7 Home users that support for the operating system was about to run out. From this week on, the notifications will also be shown to users running devices with Windows 7 Pro. The company's Windows 7 operating system will run out of support...
  8. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  9. Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro

Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro: I have a Dell computer with windows 7 pro. It came with a license for windows 10 pro can I upgrade from your web site and not lose all the programs and get the latest version? I have a disk but it says Clean install That came with the computer. To have to reload all the...
  10. How should I buy Windows 7 Pro 64?

How should I buy Windows 7 Pro 64?: Hey! Might be building a new game machine for myself and was wondering what the cheapest way would be to get the Windows 10 Pro 64bit free upgrade? Like where should I buy? Can you just buy an Activation Key somewhere for Windows 7 Pro 64 and install the upgrade and enter the...