Windows 10: Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Do I need to have an IT professional on site to make the transition from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BHoffice#2020, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Do I need to have an IT professional on site to make the transition from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro?

:)

BHoffice#2020, Feb 17, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Feb 17, 2020
  4. nkienitz Win User

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

1. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Pro Pro

2. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  3. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  4. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...
  5. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...
  6. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  7. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  8. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro: Hi,Since a few months I had my PC randomly rebooting from time to time something akin 1 time over 10 days of usage but I didn't pay much attention to it until today when the system started hanging during boot sometimes stuck at Asus loading screen since my mobo is an Asus one...
  9. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro: Hi,Since a few months I had my PC randomly rebooting from time to time something akin 1 time over 10 days of usage but I didn't pay much attention to it until today when the system started hanging during boot sometimes stuck at Asus loading screen since my mobo is an Asus one...
  10. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro