Windows 10: Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We are experiencing a strange issue with domain joined workstations when upgrading them to Windows 10. When running setup.exe or setupprep.exe from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelStruck1, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

We are experiencing a strange issue with domain joined workstations when upgrading them to Windows 10. When running setup.exe or setupprep.exe from the install DVD/ISO we get:

"Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and trying running Windows 10 Setup again."

Browsing the setup log, we see:

2019-06-25 10:14:21: Creating path (with ACL): [C:\$WINDOWS.~BT]...

2019-06-25 10:14:24: MainHr: Error = 0x80070522

2019-06-25 10:14:24: wWinMain: Error = 0x80070522

This is a strange problem because I can create that directory by hand and even see it get removed when setup starts. Even more strange some domain joined computers run the setup without incident. Unjoining the domain really isn't an option at this point.

Anyone seen anything like this? Or have any ideas?

:)

MichaelStruck1, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 25, 2019
  3. NickSteel Win User
    Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

1. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade Pro

2. windows 7 pro upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 7 pro upgrade to 10: im trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 and i have tried the online windows download and it will not allow me to choose the OS version i want and it will not allow me to save to a flashdrive...
  3. windows 7 pro upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 pro upgrade to 10: im trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 and i have tried the online windows download and it will not allow me to choose the OS version i want and it will not allow me to save to a flashdrive...
  4. windows 7 pro upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I recently used the msi tool to update a windows 7 pro machine to windows 10 pro. It appears to have a activated the install just fine and is working? Is this install legal?...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...
  7. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I want to upgrade a Windows 7 PC which by the requirements is upgradable to Windows 10 Pro. I went to the Microsoft Store and the only option is to Download WIndows 10 Pro. My Windows 7 PC really requires a clean install. Does Windows 10 Pro give me the option to format...
  8. Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I have a computer that I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 10. It is currently Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I have attempted to use the Media Creation Tool to do this as I have done probably a 100 times at time point and I am not able to upgrade without erasing all the settings...
  9. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  10. Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Get thew following error: This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC is not supported yet on this version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-of-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/558d9872-9d50-4dfe-9592-3c549d64ff50