Windows 10: Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

Discus and support Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by scubadug, Apr 24, 2024.

1. scubadug Win User

Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new discdrive. I have not been able to install any of the image backups I have. I installed Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64, but it won't activate. Probably due to too many uses. This installation disc was from when I owned a Microsoft development kit during employment. I am now retired. Any chance I can get my use count reset for this in

:)

scubadug, Apr 24, 2024
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Looking for Dell OEM Win 7 x64 Pro .ISO or disc

i use these 2 iso's for all the Lenovo and more machines also used them on a couple of dells that had Windows 7 Serial on the side of the machine.

Windows 7 Professional SP1 x86: Personalrabattprogramm für Microsoft-Kund*innen (bisher Home Use Program) – Microsoft Store
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64: Personalrabattprogramm für Microsoft-Kund*innen (bisher Home Use Program) – Microsoft Store

puma99dk|, Apr 24, 2024
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Guide: use Pre-activated Windows 7 OEM License on fresh installation

U can't use this method to "upgrade" ur Windows Home Premium to Pro or Ultimate it simply just backup ur activation key.

puma99dk|, Apr 24, 2024
  4. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

Windows 7 when to install SP1

This is our procedure

1. Prepare for Windows (prferaby ISO w/ SP1) installation with USB tool or use available media
    Windows USB/DVD Download Tool - Microsoft Store

2. Connect boot drive data cable to lowest numbered SATA port .... but don't connect:
    -Ethernet cable
    -SATA Data Cable for any other drives

3. Install Windows to boot drive

4. Turn off Windows ability to install Hardware drivers
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...iver-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a.html
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/82137-drivers-turn-off-automatic-driver-installation.html

5. Install all hardware drivers from original media in boxes See Item 7 below

6. Connect ethernet cable and run Windows Update till it stops doing anything

7. Install latest drivers for ALL hardware from manufacturers web sites. The reason we didn't do this in step 5 is 3 fold:
    -Sometimes MoBo CD comes with licensed utilities with product key embedded and these are not on web site versions
    -Its advisable to establish a working out of box conditions
    -Sometimes newer drivers require latest Windows Updates

If you have a 2nd drive ....

8. Shut down and connect HD data cable to 2nd lowest numbered SATA port.

9. Boot to BIOS and make sure that SSD is the 1st boot device, if not fix it

10. Boot to Windows

John Naylor, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

1. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died. - Similar Threads - Pro SP1 x64

2. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  3. I am trying to install windows 7 sp1 and after the 2nd part of the installation...

I am trying to install windows 7 sp1 and after the 2nd part of the installation...: I was trying to install windows 7 on my HP Pavilion g6g6-2300 laptop.When the installation procceeded to the 2nd part of the installation where you dont need to boot off of the usb it crashed with an error code of:STOP: 0x0000007E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005,0x[16...
  4. sp1 for windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sp1 for windows 7: i need to get sp1 for windows 7 help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sp1-for-windows-7/ab67b0ca-f244-4ff3-a96f-aaf4354e1159
  5. sp1 for windows 7

sp1 for windows 7: i need to get sp1 for windows 7 help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sp1-for-windows-7/ab67b0ca-f244-4ff3-a96f-aaf4354e1159
  6. Windows 7 sp1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 sp1: Hi,is there still a way to download sp1 for old windows 7 computers?i need 32bit version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-sp1/db3060aa-805a-4727-acf3-017fb039c7cb
  7. Windows 7 sp1

Windows 7 sp1: Hi,is there still a way to download sp1 for old windows 7 computers?i need 32bit version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-sp1/db3060aa-805a-4727-acf3-017fb039c7cb
  8. Hard Drive Died, Install Windows On New Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard Drive Died, Install Windows On New Drive: The hard drive in my Windows 10 laptop died. If I buy a new hard drive is there a way I can install Windows 10 on it without having to buy a new copy? The laptop won't boot in Windows, I can only access the files on the old laptop using a Linux Live USB. If I go into my...
  9. W10 Pro x64 new install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Pro x64 new install: Hello, Ive been running W7 on my desktop for the last 10 years and its been running quite flawlessly. Since W7 wont be supported by Jan 2020 I decided that it was time to upgrade to W10 (clean install with a legit license). It went quite smooth and Ive unplug the internet...
  10. Windows 10 won't activate after install on Win 7 machine.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't activate after install on Win 7 machine.: Had legit Win7 license on my PC. Bought Single use Win 10 from vendor that I have purchased from before with no issues. Have built a couple new machines this way. Both worked just fine. Bought a third and tried to install on my Win7 machine. I did not install any new...