Windows 10: Windows 7 Product Key on Windows 10 reinstall

Discus and support Windows 7 Product Key on Windows 10 reinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi i have an original Windows 7 product key and now running Windows 10 afterfree upgrade. i need to reinstall a clean copy of Windows 10 from USB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PeterScottP5, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Windows 7 Product Key on Windows 10 reinstall

hi

i have an original Windows 7 product key and now running Windows 10 afterfree upgrade.

i need to reinstall a clean copy of Windows 10 from USB. Do i use my Win 7 product key?

Thanks

:)

PeterScottP5, Jan 6, 2019

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Windows 7 Product Key on Windows 10 reinstall

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 Product Key on Windows 10 reinstall

1. Windows 7 Product Key on Windows 10 reinstall - Similar Threads - Product Key reinstall

2. unable to enter windows 7 product key on a reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to enter windows 7 product key on a reinstall: unable to enter windows product key on a reinstall of windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enter-windows-7-product-key-on-a/f1cb7c0a-dcb0-458f-8064-fab51ce91751
  3. unable to enter windows 7 product key on a reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to enter windows 7 product key on a reinstall: unable to enter windows product key on a reinstall of windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enter-windows-7-product-key-on-a/f1cb7c0a-dcb0-458f-8064-fab51ce91751
  4. unable to enter windows 7 product key on a reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall Windows 10 with product key Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 10 with product key Windows 7: Hello,I want to upgrade my storage capicity. But I only have 1 M.2 slot. So I need to do a reinstall from a USB stick. But my Windows product key is from Windows 7, but on my PC Windows 10 is installed because you could get a free upgrade to windows 10 five years ago. So if I...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 with product key Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows 10 with product key Windows 7: Hello,I want to upgrade my storage capicity. But I only have 1 M.2 slot. So I need to do a reinstall from a USB stick. But my Windows product key is from Windows 7, but on my PC Windows 10 is installed because you could get a free upgrade to windows 10 five years ago. So if I...
  7. Reinstall Windows 10 with product key Windows 7

8. Product Key for reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...
  9. Windows 10 product key reinstall

Windows 10 product key reinstall: I had to reinstall my copy of windows 10 from a flash drive I had it saved on. I had originally upgraded from windows 7. When I tried to enter my key though it wouldn't work. Is there a way to fix this or get a new key? I had to reinstall windows 7 again for now but I want to...
  10. Windows 7 to 10 product keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 to 10 product keys: Hi, I previously had a Windows 7 Home Premium which came pre installed on my laptop. Over the years, since, I've taken advantage of the free win 10 upgrade when it was available, and I upgraded my laptop. Everything has been great until recently, when due to some software...