Windows 10: Windows 7 Professional De-activated after a failed attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.

Discus and support Windows 7 Professional De-activated after a failed attempt to upgrade to Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So before Windows 7 support ended over a year ago I attempted to upgrade one of my family members Laptops. When I did the upgrade it managed to pass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Duo01, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Duo01 Win User

Windows 7 Professional De-activated after a failed attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.

So before Windows 7 support ended over a year ago I attempted to upgrade one of my family members Laptops. When I did the upgrade it managed to pass the initial installation and I saw the Windows 10 spiral before seeing it basically fail at installing Windows 10 and it reverted back to Windows 7. I contacted Microsoft Support and they basically couldn't help me and told me to buy a new license. I went through different methods I found on my own to try to reactivate it because the key was still stored in the system and anything I tried wouldn't work. The key stored in the system doesn't activate it and even putting it into the "Activate Windows" thing doesn't do anything. Mostly because its an OEM. I'm aware Windows 7 support ended but I feel this falls under the Windows 10 upgrade category I guess. I've essentially run out of options and decided to ask here.

Any help would be great. - Thanks.

:)

Duo01, Mar 27, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

WIndows 10 : How well/bad did the upgrade work for you ?

My forced upgrade attempt failed to activate, got an error code (no button to activate). Went back to windows 7 and I will not attempt to upgrade again for now.

P4-630, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 7 Professional De-activated after a failed attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 7 Professional De-activated after a failed attempt to upgrade to Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Professional activated failed

2. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  3. Windows 10 Pro License Activation After Upgrading From Windows 7 Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License Activation After Upgrading From Windows 7 Professional: Hello I was using Windows 7 Professional in my dell laptop with volume license. Now i have upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 and after upgrading my windows 10 showing activated. I have not entered any new key. Now i am not able to understand which key my new windows 10...
  4. window 7 professional upgrading

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window 7 professional upgrading: I have original Dell 2011 computer. Being retired use computer to play games , look E-Mail and to pay bills. Can any thing be done to keep this running to serve my purpose,...
  5. UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10: Presently running Windows 7 Professional with Windows XP Virtual installed. Can I upgrade to 10 without losing XP Virtual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-professional-to-10/f8f2ce03-e856-46bd-bd55-b01a51ea446e
  6. Windows 7 Professional -> Windows 10 Professional upgrade failing with 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D...

Windows 7 Professional -> Windows 10 Professional upgrade failing with 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D...: Hey all, I have a handful of stubborn PCs refusing to upgrade as Windows 7's life slowly approaches its demise that are refusing to do in-place upgrades to 1909. I'm getting the 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D error after it BSOD's at 90% after second boot. The stop code is just...
  7. Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Professional upgrade failing at 90% on every office pc

Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Professional upgrade failing at 90% on every office pc: Hey guys, I am pulling my hair out. We have 7 office pcs running Windows 7 Pro. I have attempted to upgrade 4 of them to Windows 10 Professional but it keeps failing @ 90% (Critical_Process_Died) and then reverting back to Windows 7. I receive the error "The installation...
  8. Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional: Hi, I had a Windows 10 home edistion on my laptop with the product key. Few days ago I have purchased an upgrad to Windows 10 professional through microsoft. Now I cannot activate it neither using the old product key (error code: 0xc004f050) nor when I use...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key: Hi, Hoping someone can give me a proper and definitive answer on this as there are multiple conflicting answers. 1. Can you upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 Professional using a Windows 7 professional Key ? 2. Can you install windows 10 Pro and activate it...
  10. Failed 7-to-10 Upgrade Attempt — Still Salvageable ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed 7-to-10 Upgrade Attempt — Still Salvageable ?: At around 23:22 EST on Friday, July 29th, I began the subject upgrade process, assuming I'd be able to “slide in under the deadline wire.” And perhaps I did . . . or could have. But somewhere along the line, something seems to have gone wrong. And I think it's probably my own...