Windows 10: windows 7 professional to windows 10 key

Discus and support windows 7 professional to windows 10 key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello i have a genuine cd key for windows 7 and i currently bought a pc. Is there a way to upgrade to windows 10 using the genuine key of my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by earl john, Apr 20, 2021.

1. earl john Win User

windows 7 professional to windows 10 key

hello i have a genuine cd key for windows 7 and i currently bought a pc. Is there a way to upgrade to windows 10 using the genuine key of my old windows 7?

:)

earl john, Apr 20, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 20, 2021
  3. ironwolf Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, Apr 20, 2021
  4. windows 7 professional to windows 10 key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Thank you, but I still want to know if I can do a clean installation of Windows with my new SSD whilst my old Windows is still installed on the other pc?

MichaelDFF, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

windows 7 professional to windows 10 key

1. windows 7 professional to windows 10 key - Similar Threads - professional key

2. Having trouble transferring my Windows 10 Professional Product Key to my New computer!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble transferring my Windows 10 Professional Product Key to my New computer!: Hello, so I have spend the last few hours plugging away at the process with not success. I have done a decent amount of reading online and am not finding very man similar cases to the issue I am having. So first off I started by checking to ensure that my copy of Windows...
  3. How to install Windows 10 Professional Standard with key?

How to install Windows 10 Professional Standard with key?: I want to pass from my current version Windows 10 Home edition to Professional so i bought a key from 3rd party site. However, the version that i bought works only on newly installed Windows and cannot be used to upgrade my system from another version. That's why I created a...
  4. Retrieve Windows 10 Professional product key for a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retrieve Windows 10 Professional product key for a new PC: Hi all, Recently my old PC which had Win 10 Pro on it died. The hard drive died. I am building a new PC and I would like to reuse the Win 10 Pro license that I had. Is there a way to retrieve the key so that I can use Win 10 again for my new PC? Kind regards...
  5. Finding and COPYING Bitlocker recovery key in Windows 10 Professional

Finding and COPYING Bitlocker recovery key in Windows 10 Professional: I have been informed that I need a bios firmware update on my HP PC running W10Pro. Part of the update process warns me that I should have a backup of the Bitlocker key. But when I go to Microsoft's unbelievably unhelpful "help" site, all I'm told is that I need to log into...
  6. Error 0x800f0805 upgrading to professional from Home Edition with product Key?

Error 0x800f0805 upgrading to professional from Home Edition with product Key?: When I try to put a valid windows 10 pro key into the 'change product key' dialog in windows 10 home I get 'The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one 0x800f0805'...
  7. I just bought an activation key for windows 10 professional where can i check if it is genuine?

I just bought an activation key for windows 10 professional where can i check if it is genuine?: Where can I check the windows activation key for windows 10 professional ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-an-activation-key-for-windows-10/75a76457-a9d3-4182-bee1-c2c547f33e8b
  8. Can't use Professional key because I have Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use Professional key because I have Enterprise: I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my PC, and the key I have bought takes me to the error code 0x80070057, with the message "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try again." attached. I have...
  9. i used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10: My friend has digital key of win 10 Home and has used some product key for professional workstations and after a day he has unlicensed windows 10 and he doesn’t know how to fix it. He doesn’t want to do clean install or access the BIOS. Is there any way to dix that? I will...
  10. Windows 10 Professional Key Stolen via rogue Mac duplicated Wifi area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Professional Key Stolen via rogue Mac duplicated Wifi area: I am surrounded in a high wifi area which uses Rouge hotspots. When I use my own Hotspot, its Mac Address is duplicated and malware quickly installed prior activating my original windows professional License key , thereby hackers stealing it. [ATTACH]...