Windows 10: Windows 7 reformatted with a new Windows 10 update. Can I still downgrade without the...

Discus and support Windows 7 reformatted with a new Windows 10 update. Can I still downgrade without the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I recently had a windows 7 software 4 months ago until my computer was reformatted with a windows 10 update. I noticed that my games were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Carlos Andal, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Windows 7 reformatted with a new Windows 10 update. Can I still downgrade without the...

Hello!

I recently had a windows 7 software 4 months ago until my computer was reformatted with a windows 10 update. I noticed that my games were laggy from 240 fps max to 60 fps stable. This has caused to wonder about downgrading to windows 7. Although, I tried to look for the recovery option a week after my computer updated to windows 10, it didn't seem to have that option so I forgot all about it until I remembered today. I believe it's because my windows 10 software was originally a windows 10 already without being upgraded from windows 7. So now, is there a way to downgrade it? If no, am I simply missing certain drivers which cause my games to lag?

:)

Carlos Andal, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 22, 2019
  3. windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 22, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Windows 7 reformatted with a new Windows 10 update. Can I still downgrade without the...

Microsoft Windows 7 Will Allow Downgrades too

Even though there's still some time left before the official release of Windows 7, Microsoft - the creator of this OS - confirmed today that just like some Windows Vista distributions could be downgraded to Windows XP with ease, the same will apply to Windows 7. General users of Windows 7 will be given the option of downgrading right over Vista to Windows XP, a Microsoft spokesperson has confirmed.
    "This is not the first time that Microsoft has offered downgrade rights to a version other than its immediate predecessor," the spokesperson told Betanews, "and our Software Assurance customers can always downgrade to any previous version of Windows."
    Microsoft hasn't detailed exactly how downgrade rights will work with Windows 7 - for now we know that Windows 7 will be downgradable to either Windows Vista or Windows XP - the rest of the details remain unclear.

Source: Betanews

malware, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 reformatted with a new Windows 10 update. Can I still downgrade without the...

1. Windows 7 reformatted with a new Windows 10 update. Can I still downgrade without the... - Similar Threads - reformatted update still

2. Reformatting - Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reformatting - Windows 7 to Windows 10: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and am contemplating reformatting my machine. Do I just download the Windows 10 Pro image and create a USB installer and use my Windows 7 key? Or do I have to reinstall Windows 7 then update again to Windows 10?...
  3. Reformatting - Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformatting - Windows 7 to Windows 10: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and am contemplating reformatting my machine. Do I just download the Windows 10 Pro image and create a USB installer and use my Windows 7 key? Or do I have to reinstall Windows 7 then update again to Windows 10?...
  4. Reformatting - Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc: Hi thereI have a Sony Vaio that I want to be able to give to one of the recycling computer charities but I first want to wipe the contents. I no longer have the Windows 7 disc, but I have the product key as it is on the sticker on the back was pre-installed.How do I remove...
  6. Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc: Hi thereI have a Sony Vaio that I want to be able to give to one of the recycling computer charities but I first want to wipe the contents. I no longer have the Windows 7 disc, but I have the product key as it is on the sticker on the back was pre-installed.How do I remove...
  7. ReFormat and New Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ReFormat and New Windows 10: I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was initially released and Microsoft was offering free upgrades from previous editions of Windows. I have reformatted a few times since then and never had any problems. Recently I have been upgrading different components of my computer...
  8. Can i downgrade to windows 7

Can i downgrade to windows 7: Hello, Can i downgrade my system to windows 7?,my specs: Intel Core i3 6006u @2.0Ghz Nvidia Geforce 940MX 4gb ram(2.60gb usable) 500gb hard drive also my laptop model is:Acer E15 E5 575g-33QB it has windows 10 pre installed 104051
  9. How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery

How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery: My computer's been a mess since I bought it from a pawn shop. It was working perfectly when I bought it, but when I tried to reset it it crashed and continually started restarting. I fixed it, but after that I found my computer was 32 bit with a 64x bit processor, so I tried...
  10. Can I Downgrade a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Downgrade a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 to Windows 7?: Hi I'm thinking about getting a new Dell XPS laptop. It comes installed with Windows 10. I would rather use Windows 7. My question can I format the the new Dell laptop and install a new copy of Windows 7. Or are there too many driver specific components on a new XPS that need...