Windows 10: Windows 7 reinstall

Discus and support Windows 7 reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Howdy folks, hope you're all doing well. I've reached the end of my rope with Windows 10. I have the installation disk for Widows 7 and I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Powell Lucas, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Windows 7 reinstall

Howdy folks, hope you're all doing well.

I've reached the end of my rope with Windows 10. I have the installation disk for Widows 7 and I was wondering if there are any problems should I be concerned about when I load Windows 7?

:)

Powell Lucas, Apr 24, 2017
  2. aakkam22 Win User

reinstalling windows 7

Q. What if I don't like Windows 10, can I go back to Windows 7?

A. Yes. You can refer to this
    wiki article by J W Stuart for detailed, step-by-step instructions on how.

Note that once you upgrade to Windows 10, you get to keep it for free, for the lifetime of the device. It's yours to keep, no purchases necessary.

aakkam22, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Reinstallation of Windows 7

Interesting, I am running Windows 10 on my main workhorse here and rarely run out of RAM unless I have multiple web browsers open with multiple tabs. I keep 10 to 15 tabs open in Internet Explorer, you might want to reduce the amount you have open in yours.

Also, try closing applications you are not using.

Also, try turning off background apps. Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Background apps.

Also, try disabling some of your startup apps. Press Windows key + X > Task Manager > Startup > select programs that might be starting up with your system then click Disable.

If you wish to go back to Windows 7, see instructions. References preinstalled copies of Windows 10, but the same instructions work for upgraded installations:

How to Downgrade Preinstalled Windows 10 to Windows 7/8.1

Andre Da Costa, Apr 24, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Windows 7 reinstall

Hi there.

Sorry you didn't like Windows 10 (personally I think it's great).

If you do a clean install of Windows 7 making sure to delete the partitions (backup your files before hand) and then start Windows 7 process then you will be ok.

Why 7 though and not 8.1 which is a better performer.

swarfega, Apr 24, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You will need a matching product key to activate the Windows 7. Which is one reason not to go back to Windows 8 - if you have a Windows 7 product key it won't work with Windows 8. And Windows 8 was just terrible anyway, IMHO.

NavyLCDR, Apr 24, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    8.1 was fine but of course Windows 10 is better *Biggrin

swarfega, Apr 24, 2017
  7. sml156 Win User
    Make sure that not only do you have a valid key you should also have all the drivers for the Computer especially for the Lan or WiFi on a USB or CD drive. I can tell you from my own experience years ago that after installing Win 7 I was unable to use The Lan or Wifi To install the drivers that I had on another Computer's folder.

sml156, Apr 24, 2017
  8. Windows 7 reinstall

Why do I detest Windows 10? I spend countless hours on you tube trying to find out how to operate this piece of junk. For instance I just tried to open the news app. To do so I have to enter my MS password which it did not recognize, even though I had to change it yesterday. It seems that every day I have to reset my password. I must have at least 20 different passwords written down. My background picture changes every 20 seconds even though I have it set for one picture with no slideshow. The screen flipping so often is distracting and there doesn't seem to be any way to lock it, and this says nothing about that monstrosity called Groove which will not allow you to select your playlist to playback selected music from that list. no matter how many items you highlight it will only play the first item in the highlighted list and then stop. I'm better off tuning into the oldies station on the TV. Now, I'm aware that this O/S was designed to make it familiar to all the items you can sync to. However, I don't use any of these electronic gadgets. (Not that there's anything wrong with these toys, its the service providers I hate. If you happen to send a text message or use any of the other apps while facing in a direction not specifically authorized by the service provider you will be faced with additional charges.) My brother-in-law is paying $70 a month for the service he just signed up for, (try to get out of those contracts) I pay $35 a month for a landline. I guess Microsoft figures everybody uses a smart phone and is familiar with how to navigate through their jungle of pretty little pictures.

9. sn00ker Win User
    First thing I do when installing windows 10 fresh clean is pretty much turn everything off and uninstall all the things that comes with it and download programs that I like / want. You don't have to use what comes from Microsoft

sn00ker, Apr 24, 2017
  10. Thanks for the reply sn00ker:

That's my whole point. What good is an O/S that you have to replace a good portion of the built-ins with non-Windows apps? On 7, the only Windows apps that I totally replaced were the AV and uninstaller programs. I can find work-arounds to these issues. My biggest problem with Windows 10 is the plethora of sign-ins required if you want to do anything. Now, I'm told that all that is required is a single password to get into any app. Sorry, my friend, but this thing will not recognize a password from one minute to the next. I have a long list of password-reset emails that I dutifully write down and which the system refuses to recognize, including a subscription to Office 365, which is still being charged to my account. This app wants the password I signed in with; a code long lost in the vast web.

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Interesting... My Windows 10 on the 6 different computers that I use on my home network only require my single password that I have used ever since the very first Windows 10 was installed in July, 2015. When you are the only one with a problem, it isn't the software. It's your particular installation of that software.

There's nothing wrong with going back to the OS you really want to use, though.

NavyLCDR, Apr 24, 2017
  12. sml156 Win User
    If your going to be a troll you should actually research before you troll.

Really ?

sml156, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 reinstall

1. Windows 7 reinstall - Similar Threads - reinstall

2. Option to turn off trackpad missing after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to turn off trackpad missing after OS reinstall: Following Windows 10 reinstall after drive failure, all touchpad options besides sensitivity are missing picture.Fn-Key combo to switch touchpad shows OSD message "Touchpad on/off" but does not turn touchpad offDevice driver update and uninstall have no effect....
  3. Option to turn off trackpad missing after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to turn off trackpad missing after OS reinstall: Following Windows 10 reinstall after drive failure, all touchpad options besides sensitivity are missing picture.Fn-Key combo to switch touchpad shows OSD message "Touchpad on/off" but does not turn touchpad offDevice driver update and uninstall have no effect....
  4. Option to turn off trackpad missing after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them: So, when I started to click Spotify on my computer it just wouldn't open. I uninstalled it from the control panel and tried to install it again but the Spotify setup won't work or open. Same thing with apps like Roblox. I uninstalled my Roblox too since I can't seem to open...
  6. Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them

Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them: So, when I started to click Spotify on my computer it just wouldn't open. I uninstalled it from the control panel and tried to install it again but the Spotify setup won't work or open. Same thing with apps like Roblox. I uninstalled my Roblox too since I can't seem to open...
  7. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  8. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  9. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because the Windows Updates kept failing and it would not recognize a USB device. After reinstallation, Windows Updates complete successfully and the USB device is recognized. But the computer is now crashing frequently all with different errors....
  10. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because the Windows Updates kept failing and it would not recognize a USB device. After reinstallation, Windows Updates complete successfully and the USB device is recognized. But the computer is now crashing frequently all with different errors....