Windows 10: Windows 7 reinstallation

Discus and support Windows 7 reinstallation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was using Windows 7 home basic from 2011 to 2016 in HP pavilion dv6 . Then I upgraded the operating system in windows 10 home basic . After 2 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sumit 92, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Sumit 92 Win User

Windows 7 reinstallation

I was using Windows 7 home basic from 2011 to 2016 in HP pavilion dv6 . Then I upgraded the operating system in windows 10 home basic .

After 2 years the system is facing problem in the operating system. Automatic restart, black screen.

Computer is not booting properly. I want to go back to windows 7.

Please guide me to install windows 7 using the old product key.

:)

Sumit 92, Jan 11, 2019

2. Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

Don't even need to go through all those steps. Once you got into safe mode,windows 7 will rebuild it's drivers automatically. Boot normally and then install chipset drivers if not already in.

Edit:
    One thing though, it gets hectic with RAID and you will NEED to reinstall/rebuild the array. Only circumstance where you will find driver conflicts.

Edit2:

See edit 1 peet.

JrRacinFan, Jan 11, 2019
  3. travva Win User
    Reinstalling windows 7

Hey guys I got a new xfi soundcard yesterday and was having a few issues which i feel are software related so i decided to reinstall windows 7. I've done this numerous times on this computer. When I go to install it tells me once i click 'install now' and before i select my drives etc that i need a cd/dvd driver, flash drive, etc and tells me i can remove my installation media during this step. WTF? The ONLY thing that i can think of that's changed is my new sound card. I made sure no flash drives were attached and even unhook my BT dongle for good measure. The disc is in good shape and like I said I've used it many time without issues. Any thoughts?

travva, Jan 11, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

Windows 7 reinstallation

Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

He is right here, Windows 7 does a fantastic job of dealing with that and it's about time!

Also a good point, have a backup or be comfortable doing it.
    I am yet to have an issue doing it, even with a raid *as long as it was Intel to Intel* with windows 7.

niko084, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 reinstallation

1. Windows 7 reinstallation - Similar Threads - reinstallation

2. I uninstalled USB DAC Drivers and can't reinstall them

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I uninstalled USB DAC Drivers and can't reinstall them: In attempting to fix my microphone not working in a game, i uninstalled it and its drivers. I restarted my pc, and when i try to reinstall them, i get this error: [ATTACH] Has anyone had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it? I'm running windows 10....
  3. Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall: I recently reinstalled windows after a bad driver caused a cras . As I was doing a clean install, I unplugged my secondary storage drives to prevent wiping. When I reconnected and restarted afterwards, all but one works fine, with no data loss. The one that doesn't shows it...
  4. BSODs attributed to ntoskrnl.exe ever since clean reinstallation but only when browsing the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs attributed to ntoskrnl.exe ever since clean reinstallation but only when browsing the...: So it has been a week ever since I had to reinstall Windows after a BIOS update broke my old installation outright. Might as well consider it an upgrade as the broken version was 1803 at the time which I couldn't figure out why it refuses to update to 1903, but that's in the...
  5. Windows 10 1903 Corrupts Hard Drive (after reinstallation)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1903 Corrupts Hard Drive (after reinstallation): Hi all, Recently, I bought a 1TB NVMe SSD to accompany my 240GB SATA SSD and 3TB SATA Hard Drive. I decided to reinstall Windows on the new SSD and the installation went alright except I can no longer access my 3TB Hard Drive properly. It still functions correctly (as I...
  6. Got a blue screen. I want delete all data in drives and reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got a blue screen. I want delete all data in drives and reinstall windows 10.: Today, I got a blue screen. After so many hours of looking for tutorials to help me fix this problem, I got no solution. So I wanted to know if I can reinstall windows 10 and delete all data in my 2 drives (HDD & SSD)....
  7. Firefox Won't Start After Reinstall ... Oops!

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Won't Start After Reinstall ... Oops!: We have a person who comes in and uses the Sr. Center computers (which is what they're for), but he got a couple of those PUPs that changed the search engine, and Gramma's Lye Soap wouldn't take it off. *Sad I followed instructions online to remove the PUPs, and something...
  8. How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro?: Hi! Following a BOD (probable cause: ssd overload with subseq. damage to sys-/registry files), the ssd was formatted and partitioning changed from MBR to GPT in order to allow a clean reinstallation of win10pro from a repair/installation usb-stick. Prior to this, files on...
  9. reinstall windows without the may update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall windows without the may update: I went ahead and let the may 2019 update install... big mistake. hope I could reinstall windows then my apps (that quit working)... that didn't work. now it appears I cant reinstall win 10 with out it automatically installing the update. any ideas?...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10: Hi Everyone So, I feel really stupid asking this. but... I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 during the free upgrade a long time ago. Now I am thinking about performing a clean install to see if it will improve performance. But where do I find my activation key?...