Windows 10: Windows 7 reinstallation

Discus and support Windows 7 reinstallation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was using Windows 7 home basic from 2011 to 2016 in HP pavilion dv6 . Then I upgraded the operating system in windows 10 home basic . After 2 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sumit 92, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Sumit 92 Win User

Windows 7 reinstallation

I was using Windows 7 home basic from 2011 to 2016 in HP pavilion dv6 . Then I upgraded the operating system in windows 10 home basic .

After 2 years the system is facing problem in the operating system. Automatic restart, black screen.

Computer is not booting properly. I want to go back to windows 7.

Please guide me to install windows 7 using the old product key.

:)

Sumit 92, Jan 11, 2019

2. Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

Don't even need to go through all those steps. Once you got into safe mode,windows 7 will rebuild it's drivers automatically. Boot normally and then install chipset drivers if not already in.

Edit:
    One thing though, it gets hectic with RAID and you will NEED to reinstall/rebuild the array. Only circumstance where you will find driver conflicts.

Edit2:

See edit 1 peet.

JrRacinFan, Jan 11, 2019
  3. travva Win User
    Reinstalling windows 7

Hey guys I got a new xfi soundcard yesterday and was having a few issues which i feel are software related so i decided to reinstall windows 7. I've done this numerous times on this computer. When I go to install it tells me once i click 'install now' and before i select my drives etc that i need a cd/dvd driver, flash drive, etc and tells me i can remove my installation media during this step. WTF? The ONLY thing that i can think of that's changed is my new sound card. I made sure no flash drives were attached and even unhook my BT dongle for good measure. The disc is in good shape and like I said I've used it many time without issues. Any thoughts?

travva, Jan 11, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

Windows 7 reinstallation

Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

He is right here, Windows 7 does a fantastic job of dealing with that and it's about time!

Also a good point, have a backup or be comfortable doing it.
    I am yet to have an issue doing it, even with a raid *as long as it was Intel to Intel* with windows 7.

niko084, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 reinstallation

1. Windows 7 reinstallation - Similar Threads - reinstallation

2. Can't Reinstall Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Reinstall Microsoft Store: So basically, despite trying everything short of reinstalling Windows, I no longer have Microsoft Store on my Windows 10 computer. It's not that I just can't open it, it's completely gone from my computer, and no PowerShell command I've found has been able to restore it. MY...
  3. How to reinstall windows shopping app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows shopping app: I uninstalled the shopping app, and now in MS store after clicking checkout, nothing happens, how do I reinstall deleted Windows apps? 125728
  4. Reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10: I believe my copy of Windows 10 has been corrupted somehow. How can I reinstall without any media? My Windows 10 is an upgrade from my Windows 8.1 Pro. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-10/a06e84e7-9377-4f8b-932a-82d88c9557e1
  5. Issue reinstalling a '1 User/1 Install Office Home & Student' after hard drive crashed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issue reinstalling a '1 User/1 Install Office Home & Student' after hard drive crashed: Hello I purchased the 2016 Home & Office suite back in 2016 - I still have the product key. I installed onto my HP Pavilion laptop however the hard drive crashed during xmas and HP have installed a new hard drive. I'm having issues trying to reinstall my office suite...
  6. Reinstall Win 10 on HP laptop from USB stick taking several days?

Reinstall Win 10 on HP laptop from USB stick taking several days?: Greetings, Win 10 was working fine on my HP EliteBook 2170p until the major windows update 2 January 2019. Since then, Windows would never fully re-boot. I tried Windows repair a few times - it would never complete and gave an error report. I tried to 'undue latest upgrade'...
  7. take off an reinstall

take off an reinstall: is there a free download fot window 7 where i can take windows 10 off my computor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/take-off-an-reinstall/306ac51f-8c60-4e63-b243-1d6246570796
  8. 0xc0000020 error, black screen, windows reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc0000020 error, black screen, windows reinstall: Hello people, This error message popped up everytime I tried opening some application, after reading up I figured out it was probably due to an windows update, Ran sfc / scannow on cmd, did a whole bunch of other cmds, tried uninstalling the application, tried...
  9. Activate windows 10 after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate windows 10 after reinstalling: Hello guys, I upgraded my windows 7 to Windows 10 in 2016, using the free upgrade offer. Recently I reinstalled Windows 10 from a USB drive and passed the installing using my old windows 7 product key. After finishing windows 10 installation, it doesn't activated. It should...
  10. How can I reinstall Windows 10 with no os media!

How can I reinstall Windows 10 with no os media!: My 8yr. old Dell Inspiron 14R N4010 pre-installed Windows 7 Home Prem. 64-bit OA Laptop Hard Drive With Upgraded Windows 10 died w/no backup. How can I reinstall it with no os media? I tried to get the media from Dell won't help me because it's out warranty and to old! They...