Windows 10: Windows 7 reinstallation

Discus and support Windows 7 reinstallation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was using Windows 7 home basic from 2011 to 2016 in HP pavilion dv6 . Then I upgraded the operating system in windows 10 home basic . After 2 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sumit 92, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Sumit 92 Win User

Windows 7 reinstallation

I was using Windows 7 home basic from 2011 to 2016 in HP pavilion dv6 . Then I upgraded the operating system in windows 10 home basic .

After 2 years the system is facing problem in the operating system. Automatic restart, black screen.

Computer is not booting properly. I want to go back to windows 7.

Please guide me to install windows 7 using the old product key.

:)

Sumit 92, Jan 11, 2019

2. Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

Don't even need to go through all those steps. Once you got into safe mode,windows 7 will rebuild it's drivers automatically. Boot normally and then install chipset drivers if not already in.

Edit:
    One thing though, it gets hectic with RAID and you will NEED to reinstall/rebuild the array. Only circumstance where you will find driver conflicts.

Edit2:

See edit 1 peet.

JrRacinFan, Jan 11, 2019
  3. travva Win User
    Reinstalling windows 7

Hey guys I got a new xfi soundcard yesterday and was having a few issues which i feel are software related so i decided to reinstall windows 7. I've done this numerous times on this computer. When I go to install it tells me once i click 'install now' and before i select my drives etc that i need a cd/dvd driver, flash drive, etc and tells me i can remove my installation media during this step. WTF? The ONLY thing that i can think of that's changed is my new sound card. I made sure no flash drives were attached and even unhook my BT dongle for good measure. The disc is in good shape and like I said I've used it many time without issues. Any thoughts?

travva, Jan 11, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

Windows 7 reinstallation

Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

He is right here, Windows 7 does a fantastic job of dealing with that and it's about time!

Also a good point, have a backup or be comfortable doing it.
    I am yet to have an issue doing it, even with a raid *as long as it was Intel to Intel* with windows 7.

niko084, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 reinstallation

1. Windows 7 reinstallation - Similar Threads - reinstallation

2. Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10: I did a clean install on my laptop by going into advanced startup and choosing one of the options to remove everything from the drive. When it finished it brought me to a Hi There screen that asked for my country, language, and time zone. When I click next it says there's a...
  3. How reinstall windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How reinstall windows defender: So, I might be wrong about this, but this is the conclusion I reached: - Windows Defender itself might be infected or corrupted I have Bitdefender as a secondary antivirus and it detects in temp folder Application.Agent.BSO as a potential threat [ATTACH] I get spammed...
  4. I want reinstall windows 10 without disk or USB recovery

I want reinstall windows 10 without disk or USB recovery: I bought my laptop with licence Windows 10, after while I want reinstall windows 10 (delete all old files) but when I try do it, I get notification that I need insert disk of Windows 10 or USB recovery...
  5. No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10: we have had to reinstall windows 10 and find that wi fi will not connect to router, we cannot find any information in the help / diagnosis sections on how to get the wi fi back. Obviously we can gain access to the internet via a hard wire from the router but this restricts...
  6. No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10: we have had to reinstall windows 10 and find that wi fi will not connect to router, we cannot find any information in the help / diagnosis sections on how to get the wi fi back. Obviously we can gain access to the internet via a hard wire from the router but this restricts...
  7. REINSTALL WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    REINSTALL WINDOWS 10: HOW DO i REINSTALL WINDOWS 10 ON A NONWORKING PC USING A USB STICK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-10/3d49f358-c575-4c0c-92d8-874dbfb7dca2
  8. Freshly reinstalled windows 10 causing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freshly reinstalled windows 10 causing issues: Hi. I had a custom built gaming pc for the last 5 years with the same copy of windows on it. i recently decided to completely reupgrade to all new hardware except for the drives and windows. so i built the system and then just installed my drives after i completely...
  9. Windows 10 reinstall

Windows 10 reinstall: I just bought a used Asus laptop. The hard drive just gave up the ghost is there any way to replace it and reinstall Windows 10 without having to buy it again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reinstall/57957a57-2286-4b78-bf4c-e276ebc29bb2
  10. Uninstalled camera app with Ccleaner. Now I'm trying to reinstall via store and it's making...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Uninstalled camera app with Ccleaner. Now I'm trying to reinstall via store and it's making...: I am trying to use skype and need to reinstall the camera app. Does anyone know why I need to sign in to a microsoft/email/skype account in order for it to download via store? Is there any way around this besides doing a fresh install of Windows 10?...