Windows 10: Windows 7 reinstallation

Discus and support Windows 7 reinstallation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was using Windows 7 home basic from 2011 to 2016 in HP pavilion dv6 . Then I upgraded the operating system in windows 10 home basic . After 2 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sumit 92, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Sumit 92 Win User

Windows 7 reinstallation

I was using Windows 7 home basic from 2011 to 2016 in HP pavilion dv6 . Then I upgraded the operating system in windows 10 home basic .

After 2 years the system is facing problem in the operating system. Automatic restart, black screen.

Computer is not booting properly. I want to go back to windows 7.

Please guide me to install windows 7 using the old product key.

:)

Sumit 92, Jan 11, 2019

2. Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

Don't even need to go through all those steps. Once you got into safe mode,windows 7 will rebuild it's drivers automatically. Boot normally and then install chipset drivers if not already in.

Edit:
    One thing though, it gets hectic with RAID and you will NEED to reinstall/rebuild the array. Only circumstance where you will find driver conflicts.

Edit2:

See edit 1 peet.

JrRacinFan, Jan 11, 2019
  3. travva Win User
    Reinstalling windows 7

Hey guys I got a new xfi soundcard yesterday and was having a few issues which i feel are software related so i decided to reinstall windows 7. I've done this numerous times on this computer. When I go to install it tells me once i click 'install now' and before i select my drives etc that i need a cd/dvd driver, flash drive, etc and tells me i can remove my installation media during this step. WTF? The ONLY thing that i can think of that's changed is my new sound card. I made sure no flash drives were attached and even unhook my BT dongle for good measure. The disc is in good shape and like I said I've used it many time without issues. Any thoughts?

travva, Jan 11, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

Windows 7 reinstallation

Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

He is right here, Windows 7 does a fantastic job of dealing with that and it's about time!

Also a good point, have a backup or be comfortable doing it.
    I am yet to have an issue doing it, even with a raid *as long as it was Intel to Intel* with windows 7.

niko084, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 reinstallation

1. Windows 7 reinstallation - Similar Threads - reinstallation

2. how to reinstall Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reinstall Bluetooth: Hi I can not seem to locate where to re-install bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-bluetooth/5084e0ab-e895-4aa2-b3a9-0b55a722d102
  3. how to reinstall Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reinstall Bluetooth: Hi I can not seem to locate where to re-install bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-bluetooth/5084e0ab-e895-4aa2-b3a9-0b55a722d102
  4. how to reinstall Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.: I've reached a point where I've already tried all possible options to salvage my notebook unsuccessfully. Starting in safe mode, checking BIOS, and scanning hardware, as well as using the SFC command Unfortunately, none of them helped resolve the black screen after login....
  6. Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.

Reinstalled Windows on drive C: and recovered data from drive D:.: I've reached a point where I've already tried all possible options to salvage my notebook unsuccessfully. Starting in safe mode, checking BIOS, and scanning hardware, as well as using the SFC command Unfortunately, none of them helped resolve the black screen after login....
  7. uninstalled itunes now need to reinstall to see music

uninstalled itunes now need to reinstall to see music: I uninstalled the latest itunes update 12.13 because it wouldn't allow me to transfer music from my pc to my iphone. I also uninstalled Apple Mobile Device Service, and Bonjour Service and emptied the Recycle Bin. I restarted the computer. I also downloaded the troubleshooter...
  8. uninstalled itunes now need to reinstall to see music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstalled itunes now need to reinstall to see music: I uninstalled the latest itunes update 12.13 because it wouldn't allow me to transfer music from my pc to my iphone. I also uninstalled Apple Mobile Device Service, and Bonjour Service and emptied the Recycle Bin. I restarted the computer but still can't reinstall itunes....
  9. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....
  10. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....