Windows 10: Windows 7 servicing stack updates: manage change & cumulative updates

Discus and support Windows 7 servicing stack updates: manage change & cumulative updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For many of you managing a Windows 7 infrastructure today, monthly servicing is primarily about making sure that you are installing the latest security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 7 servicing stack updates: manage change & cumulative updates

Source: Windows 7 servicing stack updates: managing change and appreciating cumulative updates - Microsoft Tech Community - 260434

:)

Brink, Sep 22, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows 7 servicing stack updates: manage change & cumulative updates 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Sep 22, 2018
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Microsoft withdraws bad Windows 7 update that broke future Windows 7 updates

"Unfortunately, this apparently simple change has had severe consequences for some users of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, with users reporting that Windows Update, drivers from both Nvidia and AMD, and some third-party software including Virtual Box are all unable to install correctly. The error code 0x8004FF91 seems to be a common finding."

http://arstechnica.com/information-...7-update-that-broke-future-windows-7-updates/

DRDNA, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Windows 7 servicing stack updates: manage change & cumulative updates

Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 servicing stack updates: manage change & cumulative updates

1. Windows 7 servicing stack updates: manage change & cumulative updates - Similar Threads - servicing stack updates

2. windows update service stack 10.0.19041.925

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update service stack 10.0.19041.925: HiEver since windows update service stack 10.0.19041.925 has been installed my laptop doesn't start. I have to wait one or two days to be able start it again. I can't uninstall this update either, it doesn't give me the choice to uninstall. I wish to uninstall it or Microsoft...
  3. Windows 10 is now getting combined cumulative and servicing stack updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is now getting combined cumulative and servicing stack updates: Windows 10 security and other important updates are usually released on the same day and most of the updates cannot be selected or rejected individually unless you use Microsoft Update Catalog or other advanced tools like WSUS for business. Besides these cumulative and...
  4. Microsoft integrates Servicing Stack Updates in Windows 10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft integrates Servicing Stack Updates in Windows 10 cumulative updates: Currently, when you are installing updates manually on a Windows 10 system or are using update management solutions such as WSUS or Configuration Manager, you may run into update installation issues if an update depends on a particular Servicing Stack update that is not...
  5. Servicing Stack Update (SSU) Update History

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Servicing Stack Update (SSU) Update History: Hey All, Been reading about SSU updates. Want to do an LCU update (Update to K4550945) but was curious to check which SSU I currently have (Should have KB4552152 first) installed before going ahead with the LCU update. I intend to do the LCU update via Windows Update in...
  6. Service Stack Update Confusion

Service Stack Update Confusion: Is this something I need to be updating manually on my Windows 10 machine or is this getting updated every time I use Windows Update. If this must be done manually, how do I know what current version is running on my computer so I can decide if I need to upgrade in the first...
  7. Servicing Stack Update Question

Servicing Stack Update Question: Hello. I am working with a brand new PC with Windows 10 version 1903. I have not done any Windows Updates yet. I know that a Servicing Stack update is required - KB4521863. Since I have not done any updates yet, will this Servicing Stack update automatically update …...
  8. Servicing stack updates

Servicing stack updates: Is KB 4498523 really the latest stack update for W10 19-03 as listed ? This is an earlier KB number shown as superceding KB 4500109. Tom Allen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicing-stack-updates/4e0c9363-ad1e-4520-989b-e36f16bef8af
  9. servicing stack updates

servicing stack updates: where do i see if the latest stack update has been installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicing-stack-updates/b98e52e1-c0c1-4473-b41c-b63543c72241
  10. Servicing stack update

Servicing stack update: Why 2019-02 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4485447) take so much long time to download ? I am downloading this for several hours and it is still 0 percent....