Windows 10: Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more...

Discus and support Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm in my system and security folder and noticed something strange: Backup and Restore (Windows 7) How in the ell did I end up with windows 7, BUT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wendy Lee SG, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more...

I'm in my system and security folder and noticed something strange:
    Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

How in the ell did I end up with windows 7, BUT when I go to Acer Care Center is says Windows 10? I bought this thing with windows 10 and it was windows 10 before the safe mode hell.

Can someone help me with getting system restore back to Windows 10 please.

:)

Wendy Lee SG, Aug 10, 2018

2. How stop the ADs intruder?

Hello All:

Since I use the new w10, there had been some advertisements intrude

in my laptop everyday, awful!

It means that McAfee can't prevent them from intruding in.

Are there any other way to stop these boring ADs? -- Zhao

HonglinZhao, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Niels J. Win User
    Phone intruding on Windows 10 home network

Thank you for your response, ThofikhAhamad.

I did both of the items that you suggested, and still "cingular_us" showed up under Network.

I started seeing the issue while still running Windows 8.1. At the time I did not think much of it. I then upgraded to Windows 10, and since I am seeing the intruder more often, it has started to worry me. Should I be worried?

Niels J., Aug 10, 2018
  4. Niels J. Win User

Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more...

Phone intruding on Windows 10 home network

Almost daily when I look at "Network" in file explorer I see an unknown phone listed as "Phone" with the name "cingular_us". Using properties I can lift the MAC address of the phone, and I have of course denied it wireless access to my network. I have also
    set up device trust under Firewall in Norton Internet Security. Nothing seems to keep this device out.

Anyone else seen this? To me this seems like a pretty bad problem, and at this stage I am not sure how to get to the bottom of it and how to keep intruders out. Any suggestions?

Niels J., Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more...

1. Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more... - Similar Threads - snuck intruder intruder

2. Remote intruders keep modifying my WIndows 11

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote intruders keep modifying my WIndows 11: Someone is messing with my system. Apps are constantly breaking, the appstore seems broken, certificates shows up as expired long ago, my internet connection will go down or redirect traffic. It persists during full re-installation by what seems to be hidden partitions that...
  3. Remote intruders keep modifying my WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote intruders keep modifying my WIndows 11: Someone is messing with my system. Apps are constantly breaking, the appstore seems broken, certificates shows up as expired long ago, my internet connection will go down or redirect traffic. It persists during full re-installation by what seems to be hidden partitions that...
  4. Remote intruders keep modifying my WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I want to go back to Windows 10 and microsoft are intruders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to go back to Windows 10 and microsoft are intruders: I never asked for the Windows 11 update. But it did it automatically. Since then my computer has become unuable. I have done back up and updates but it's just getting worse. Chopppy and slow as a snail and now my App Live Home 3D has turned grey. And I can't do colour. It's...
  6. Is there any "intruder alarm" software?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any "intruder alarm" software?: Is there any utility or software that would let you know, hopefully with an alert, if someone was trying to access your system or network in real time? 152562
  7. intruder took permissions

intruder took permissions: I have a live intruder on my computer. He is accessing through windows media player. I dont know how he is getting in but he is after certain documents. this is a federal case and he has destroyed a lot of evidence. Now he is taking over permissions How can I get the...
  8. Intruder Alert!!? Executing remote command...

Intruder Alert!!? Executing remote command...: IS this what i think it is?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intruder-alert-executing-remote-command/c276edb8-fb9b-4f2c-8651-45719c699fa7"
  9. login security intruder webcam photo

login security intruder webcam photo: hello, i would like to know if there is any app in microsoft store or any other source, which could take a webcam pic and save it in the disk, when someone logs in or trys to log in. Or anything to records JUST the login time and date.Thankyou...
  10. Foreign Device Intruder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Foreign Device Intruder: I have had 2 intrusions into my Windows 10 PC in the last week, both around 10pm and both identified as a phone device by my computer, past my firewalls, password, and named as Car-4e4b. The last 4 characters are of the hardware Mac Address. I've seen this exact same device...