Windows 10: Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more...

Discus and support Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm in my system and security folder and noticed something strange: Backup and Restore (Windows 7) How in the ell did I end up with windows 7, BUT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wendy Lee SG, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more...

I'm in my system and security folder and noticed something strange:
    Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

How in the ell did I end up with windows 7, BUT when I go to Acer Care Center is says Windows 10? I bought this thing with windows 10 and it was windows 10 before the safe mode hell.

Can someone help me with getting system restore back to Windows 10 please.

:)

Wendy Lee SG, Aug 10, 2018

2. How stop the ADs intruder?

Hello All:

Since I use the new w10, there had been some advertisements intrude

in my laptop everyday, awful!

It means that McAfee can't prevent them from intruding in.

Are there any other way to stop these boring ADs? -- Zhao

HonglinZhao, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Niels J. Win User
    Phone intruding on Windows 10 home network

Thank you for your response, ThofikhAhamad.

I did both of the items that you suggested, and still "cingular_us" showed up under Network.

I started seeing the issue while still running Windows 8.1. At the time I did not think much of it. I then upgraded to Windows 10, and since I am seeing the intruder more often, it has started to worry me. Should I be worried?

Niels J., Aug 10, 2018
  4. Niels J. Win User

Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more...

Phone intruding on Windows 10 home network

Almost daily when I look at "Network" in file explorer I see an unknown phone listed as "Phone" with the name "cingular_us". Using properties I can lift the MAC address of the phone, and I have of course denied it wireless access to my network. I have also
    set up device trust under Firewall in Norton Internet Security. Nothing seems to keep this device out.

Anyone else seen this? To me this seems like a pretty bad problem, and at this stage I am not sure how to get to the bottom of it and how to keep intruders out. Any suggestions?

Niels J., Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more...

1. Windows 7 snuck in, intruder, intruder!!! Suppose to be Windows 10 more... - Similar Threads - snuck intruder intruder

2. More file sharing between Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    More file sharing between Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines: Ok, I've searched multiple places for this information and tried a great many things, but nothing is working correctly. My desktop is Windows 7, laptop is Windows 10 on my private home network that uses a single router. Both show up in each other's Network folders. I can...
  3. why does microsoft intrude on my computer ??????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does microsoft intrude on my computer ??????: it is obvious to me that microsoft imposes their idiotic security fixes ( saying that with tongue in cheek ) as far as microsoft has invaded my privacy denied me use of my comp with their b s fixes where no problem exists they change the way you sign on way...
  4. Fix Chassis Intruded … Fatal Error … System Halted

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Chassis Intruded … Fatal Error … System Halted: [ATTACH] If you receive an error message saying Chassis Intruded, Fatal Error … System Halted on the monitor; it means that the Chasis or the cabinet which holds the motherboard, CPU, GPU, etc. is open. It’s a security feature offered by some [...] This post Fix Chassis...
  5. Is there supposed to be more than one CompatTelRunner.exe running on my windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there supposed to be more than one CompatTelRunner.exe running on my windows10: Windows10 - Looking in services I can see that there are two CompatTelRunner.exe running on my laptop. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-supposed-to-be-more-than-one/bd99ba98-8f38-42f1-a8b5-3c03d2e9c05b
  6. How Favourites is supposed to work in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    How Favourites is supposed to work in Windows 10: Hello I don't know how favourites are supposed to work in Windoxs 10 but this is certainly not user friendly ! This is one of the reason I have instolled Google Chrome and don't use Edge I've saved several Favorites sites using the little Star in Windows Edge, but after...
  7. Is this supposed to be here?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this supposed to be here?: So I was looking at my storage on my laptop and I thought that I should optimize it, then i noticed this [img] It's the one at the very bottom, is that supposed to be there? 28409
  8. How is Windows 10 networking supposed to work?

How is Windows 10 networking supposed to work?: According to this thread on technet, Stop using SMB1 | Storage at Microsoft, Microsoft has disabled SMBv1 via update and that the "Windows Explorer Network (aka “Network Neighborhood”)" doesn't function properly anymore, "This legacy protocol is long deprecated, doesn’t...
  9. WiFi Intruder or something to do with Win 10 Updates?

WiFi Intruder or something to do with Win 10 Updates?: Hi all I’m in a quandary and need some expert help. We’re in Brisbane, Australia. This query is about whether an unknown device that connected to our WiFi hotspot is just an intruder who’s discovered our password or some virtual device to do with Win 10 updates. My...
  10. Windows Phone 10 supposedly shows up in logs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Phone 10 supposedly shows up in logs: Windows Phone 10, or rather Windows 10 for phones, has supposedly started showing up in different server logs and benchmarking tools. In the last few days lots of websites have claimed that the version of the OS has started showing up in different forms, with different...