Windows 10: windows 7 starter netbook

Discus and support windows 7 starter netbook in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; spec below, will it take W10? THE SPECS Pricing Part Number NP-N110-KA01US Processor Processor type Intel Atom N270 Processor speed 1600.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sunnystaines, Jan 27, 2015.

1. windows 7 starter netbook

spec below, will it take W10?

THE SPECS

Pricing Part Number NP-N110-KA01US Processor Processor type Intel Atom N270 Processor speed 1600.0 MHz Display Display size 10.1 inches Resolution 1024 x 600 pixels External Monitor Interface Integrated Vertical Resolution 600 Graphics Graphics Type Integrated Primary Graphics Chipset Intel 945 Express Chipset Storage Drive size 160.0 GB Floppy Drive No Other storage SD Card General Information UPC Code 36725730434 Battery Battery Type Lithium ion Standard Number of Batteries 1.0 Number of Included Batteries 1.0 Ports and Connections Firewire 0 Available Interfaces
    • Audio - Microphone In (1/8" Mini)
    • USB - Universal Serial Bus Port (x3)
    • Audio - Headphone Out (1/8" Mini)
    Ethernet Type 10/100 Mbps Microphone input Yes Headphone Jack Yes Wireless connection 802.11 g Bluetooth Yes Slots SD Card Memory Memory size 1024.0 MB Memory type DDR2 SDRAM Memory speed 400.0 MHz Dimensions Width 10.3 inches Depth 7.3 inches Height 1.5 inches Weight 3.5 pounds Weight with Accessories 3.5 pounds Sound Speakers Stereo Storage Media SD card Yes Included Software Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Other Features Docking Station Port No Devices AC Adapter Input devices Touchpad Hardware List Notebook Pointing Device Touchpad PERFORMANCE

Overall Performance WorldBench 6 Score 36.0 WorldBench 6 Rating Very Good Battery Battery Life 8:23:54 AM (hh:mm) Office Productivity Web Browsing 725.0 seconds (lower is better) Office Suite Use 557.0 seconds (lower is better) File Compression 608.0 seconds (lower is better) Content Creation Image Editing 1185.0 seconds (lower is better) GPU Graphics Rendering 1020.0 seconds (lower is better) Video Encoding 763.0 seconds (lower is better) DVD Burning 794.0 seconds (lower is better) Performance World Bench 5 Multitasking 1124.0 Number of Included Batteries 1.0

TOP REVIEWED LAPTOP CHARTS

TOP LAPTOPS

:)

sunnystaines, Jan 27, 2015
  2. KevCole Win User

windows 10 Activation

Hi All,

I purchased a used netbook with windows 7 starter preinstalled. I have a windows 7 starter key on the base of the netbook. I upgraded to window 10 about month ago.

Last night the netbooks hard drive failed, causing me to have to buy a new HDD. I have downloaded and installed windows 10. However I am being requested for a key (which obviously I do not have)

Can I use the windows 7 starter key with the windows 10 key? what other options are available to me?

Thanks Kevin

KevCole, Jan 27, 2015
  3. Am I eligible for Windows 10 upgrade with Windows 7 starter?

I have a netbook with Windows 7 starter and do not see the Reservation button.

Jessica Dawn, Jan 27, 2015
  4. windows 7 starter netbook

You really should upgrade the RAM (which should be easy according to pictures of the bottom of that netbook), but otherwise I'm fairly sure Windows 10 run fine on it.

FuturDreamz, Jan 27, 2015
  5. thank you, samsung said when I bought it that adding extra ram has caused problems with freezing up on the 110 netbook.

sunnystaines, Jan 28, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    win7 starter will not upgrade to win10 ,and the atom processer is not compatible with win10 ,it will not install .tried it on my acer1 with an atom cpu and 2gig ram ,its a no go

caperjack, Jan 29, 2015
  7. caperjack

thanks, a bit of a disappointment.

sunnystaines, Jan 29, 2015
  8. caperjack Win User

windows 7 starter netbook

yes it would be if that was all one had to put it on ,for me I have other compatible device I am trying it on,just installed it on an older HP/compaq P4 duel core

caperjack, Jan 29, 2015
  9. I run Windows 7 Pro on an Asus Eepc with 2GB of DDR2 667Mhz and an SSD and it runs just fine. Windows 8 did not work as the store apps would not run as the screen was 1024 x 600. I would give 10 32 bit a try from a USB stick.

Indianatone, Jan 29, 2015
  10. yes it would be if that was all one had to put it on ,for me I have other compatible device I am trying it on,just installed it on an older HP/compaq P4 duel core Did you try 64 bit as it is only a 32 bit cpu?

Indianatone, Jan 29, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    There are many different Atom processors, many of them are compatible with Windows 10, many are not. You need one that has an NX (No Execute Bit) flag support. Most 64 bit Atom processors have this support.

Mystere, Jan 29, 2015
  12. Looking at this site Intel Atom N270 - AU80586GE025D
    it's a 32 bit processor and has NX / XD / Execute disable bit.

Looks like a 32 bit version of Win 10 should work, maybe somewhat slow though....

kingstonian, Jan 29, 2015
  13. caperjack Win User

ok, i was wrong in part sorry , I did not do research on what atom chip the OP had in his device , I just seen it had an adom cpu ,I assumed and was wrong ,and yes I tried both 32 and 64 bit on mine..

just boot mine up and its a Atom,cpu n570 @1.66hz, in device manager it show as a quad core under processors . , the netbook was built in ,2011/11/1 ,and iam going to try installing it again to see what happens.

edit ,*Redface it seems to be installin now ,gone farther than i got last time ,maybe i didnt try the 32bit like i thought i did ,its at 8% right now

caperjack, Jan 30, 2015
  14. strollin Win User
    I installed Win 8.1 on my old Acer Aspire One netbook with N270 Atom cpu and 1.5GB of RAM and it ran it better than it ran XP that came with originally.

There is a registry hack to allow changing the screen resolution to enable Metro apps to run.

I no longer have that netbook or I would try installing Win 10 on it.

strollin, Jan 30, 2015
  15. caperjack Win User
    it seems I must not have tried the 32bit

because the 32bit 9926 build is a 80% ,and when I tried a few mnts ago it poped out the not compatible message quite early Inthe attempt to install it

caperjack, Jan 30, 2015
Thema:

1. windows 7 starter netbook - Similar Threads - starter netbook

2. How do I update a laptop that is running Windows 7 Starter Addition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update a laptop that is running Windows 7 Starter Addition: I have an old laptop that I powered up for what looks like the first time since it got put in a storage container in 2011.I plugged it in a week or so back to let it charge. I hit the power button yesterday and it started right up. It is a physically small Acer laptop. I...
  3. How do I update a laptop that is running Windows 7 Starter Addition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I update a laptop that is running Windows 7 Starter Addition: I have an old laptop that I powered up for what looks like the first time since it got put in a storage container in 2011.I plugged it in a week or so back to let it charge. I hit the power button yesterday and it started right up. It is a physically small Acer laptop. I...
  4. Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Starter: Ganhei um notebook Dell N4020, que veio com w 10 instalado, está com 8gb de memoria ram, porém muito lento, e de fabrica seria Windows 7 Starter, Tentei baixar a imagem ISO no site da Microsoft e não consegui, alguém pode me ajudar por favor....
  5. Windows 7 Starter

Windows 7 Starter: Ganhei um notebook Dell N4020, que veio com w 10 instalado, está com 8gb de memoria ram, porém muito lento, e de fabrica seria Windows 7 Starter, Tentei baixar a imagem ISO no site da Microsoft e não consegui, alguém pode me ajudar por favor....
  6. Minecraft starter and creator pack problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft starter and creator pack problem: So I was trying to get Minecraft xbox one edidtion but I just got bedrock starter pack and creators pack but I already owned bedrock in digital form so I put the disk in and I didnt get any of the things that it said like minecoins texturepack and all the other stuff...
  7. Minecraft starter and creator pack problem

Minecraft starter and creator pack problem: So I was trying to get Minecraft xbox one edidtion but I just got bedrock starter pack and creators pack but I already owned bedrock in digital form so I put the disk in and I didnt get any of the things that it said like minecoins texturepack and all the other stuff...
  8. Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter: I found an old Asus netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and I don't remember my password. I don't use it anymore, so I would like to do a factory reset and then give the netbook to someone who might enjoy it. I have tried rebooting it into recovery mode, but it is still requiring...
  9. Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter: I found an old Asus netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and I don't remember my password. I don't use it anymore, so I would like to do a factory reset and then give the netbook to someone who might enjoy it. I have tried rebooting it into recovery mode, but it is still requiring...
  10. Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook?: I read with interest the thread by teachermark about installing Windows 10 on his netbook and it got me thinking about the same to mine. My 2012 ASUS Eee PC 1012C with the Dual core Intel Atom N2600, 1600 MHz w/ 1 GB ram. It came with Windows 7 Starter but that made the...