Windows 10: Windows 7 suddenly started telling me that my copy is not genuine, need help activating

Discus and support Windows 7 suddenly started telling me that my copy is not genuine, need help activating in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,When I turned on my computer this morning, it informed me that my copy of Windows is not genuine. I tried to reactivate Windows and re-entered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdamKirby1, May 21, 2022.

1. Windows 7 suddenly started telling me that my copy is not genuine, need help activating

Hi all,When I turned on my computer this morning, it informed me that my copy of Windows is not genuine. I tried to reactivate Windows and re-entered my product key, and it told me my product key is blocked. When I contacted Microsoft support they refused to help me reactivate it, stating that it's out-of-support. They said that I had to post to answers.microsoft.com in order to get it activated.Can someone please help me with this?Thanks,- Adam

:)

AdamKirby1, May 21, 2022
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, May 21, 2022
  3. pivlit2 Win User
    Cannot activate genuine copy after clean install

A friend of mine, who is a computer illiterate older lady, asked me to fix her laptop that her son gave her. It was a disaster. I decided that instead of trying to clean the OS, I would upgrade it from Windows 7 (genuine) to Windows 10. The upgrade icon on the taskbar was present so I clicked on that to start the download. It spent days stuck on "starting download". Since that wasn't working, I looked up a tutorial on a Microsoft support page by a "Community Moderator". He laid out a step-by-step manual method that including using the Media Creation Tool and USB option. I did that. Now I can't get the copy to activate. The label underneath the laptop, where I'm assuming the Windows 7 key would be, is rubbed off. Every page that came up on my search talks about downgrading to 7. It was a clean install so I can't do that. I also tried activation over the phone.

Nowhere in the tutorial did it mention that you have to upgrade first then do the clean install. I can't downgrade to 7 and can't activate 10.

Can somebody please help out with this?

pivlit2, May 21, 2022
  4. tdehan Win User

Windows 7 suddenly started telling me that my copy is not genuine, need help activating

This copy of Windows is not Genuine Build 7601

Why am I suddenly getting this error message on my Windows 7 machine

This copy of Windows is not Genuine Build 7601

The copy of Windows is indeed genuine and activated. How do I fix this?

tdehan, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 7 suddenly started telling me that my copy is not genuine, need help activating

1. Windows 7 suddenly started telling me that my copy is not genuine, need help activating - Similar Threads - suddenly started telling

2. windows 7 not genuine help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 7 not genuine help: I am resurrecting a Toshiba c650 that has been sitting for 2 years. The unit had a hard drive that was indicating failure but fully functioning. After replacing the hard drive and cloning the old drive everything works fine except the 'windows not genuine' message keeps...
  3. Windows 7 suddenly started telling me that my copy is not genuine, need help activating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 suddenly started telling me that my copy is not genuine, need help activating: Hi all,When I turned on my computer this morning, it informed me that my copy of Windows is not genuine. I tried to reactivate Windows and re-entered my product key, and it told me my product key is blocked. When I contacted Microsoft support they refused to help me...
  4. Windows started telling me to activate my license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows started telling me to activate my license: I first got my copy of Windows back in 2013 with a Windows 7 OEM license pre-installed, I then upgraded it to Windows 10 when that became an option and up to this point I have had no problems with it.In January, I believe exactly 60 days ago, I transferred my OS to a new SSD...
  5. Windows started telling me to activate my license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows started telling me to activate my license: I first got my copy of Windows back in 2013 with a Windows 7 OEM license pre-installed, I then upgraded it to Windows 10 when that became an option and up to this point I have had no problems with it.In January, I believe exactly 60 days ago, I transferred my OS to a new SSD...
  6. Windows started telling me to activate my license

7. My Windows 7 ultimate is not suddenly not genuine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 7 ultimate is not suddenly not genuine: I use an old laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7601. It had been working normally for the longest time but now it suddenly doesn't recognize my windows as genuine. I looked up to see if there were any solutions online and where to find my windows product key prebuild...
  8. My Windows 7 ultimate is not suddenly not genuine

My Windows 7 ultimate is not suddenly not genuine: I use an old laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7601. It had been working normally for the longest time but now it suddenly doesn't recognize my windows as genuine. I looked up to see if there were any solutions online and where to find my windows product key prebuild...
  9. Windows tells me I have a Non-Genuine Copy

Windows tells me I have a Non-Genuine Copy: I had a Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series which came with Windows 10. However, the screen broke and I couldn't see anything. Everything else still worked great on the computer. I bought another Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series on line that was just a shell, without the hard...
  10. Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.

Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.: Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page: https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/30/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-upgrade/ Now after a recent update my system started asking for activation...