Windows 10: Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade, Activation window spinning

Discus and support Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade, Activation window spinning in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Upon completing an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I an unable to activate my copy of Windows. The activation window just spins as if it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kritikally, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade, Activation window spinning

Upon completing an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I an unable to activate my copy of Windows. The activation window just spins as if it's loading and never completes. Upon checking the event viewer, I noticed that Software Protection (sppsvc) is not loading with error 577 (digital signature issue). I've attempted to delete the file and let Windows restore it, tried sfc /scannow, tried some of the DISM commands, and tried disabling driver signature enforcement, all to no avail. Not sure where to go from here.

:)

Kritikally, Jan 31, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 31, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade, Activation window spinning

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade, Activation window spinning

1. Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade, Activation window spinning - Similar Threads - Upgrade Activation window

2. Upgraded windows 7 to 10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded windows 7 to 10 activation: I upgraded my windows 7 home premium to windows 10 and then changed some hardware. Now computer is telling me to activate windows again but my old code won't work. Did i get a new code when i upgraded? I still have the certificate of authenticity....
  3. Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7

Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro free via Microsoft from Windows 7.I am anticipating I may soon have to reformat my HDD as I keep getting blue screens.Do I have to install Windows 7 again and then use the Windows 10 Pro upgrade which I saved or can I simply just install Windows...
  4. Windows10- upgrade and Activation on windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10- upgrade and Activation on windows 7: Hi, I have recently purchased a windows10-Pro from Amazon. its an OEM product. Not sure, how to install this. Can someone help? Windows7 system is being used and have no issues, but unfortunately could not upgrade to windows10 previously. Thanks...
  5. windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR

windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR: how do i activate windows 10 license on dell laptop that came with windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-710-free-upgrade-activation-error/47ecfa08-ee2d-4e80-b722-6410a906055b
  6. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!: Hi, A couple of months ago I decided to finally upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I didn't do a clean install, I just went through the upgrade process. Everything went smoothly, and I've been loving everything about windows 10 since then, but today it started to...
  7. Activating Windows 10 (upgraded Windows 7) on another motherboard

Activating Windows 10 (upgraded Windows 7) on another motherboard: So we have 2 pcs in our household, we took the windows 10 upgrade offer, sadly 10 did not work with my motherboard as its no longer supported with drivers by intell. So i decided to get an upgrade package (new motherboard, processor and ram) and while i was at it, i got...
  8. Upgrade from windows 7 - Activation piece

Upgrade from windows 7 - Activation piece: Hello folks, I plan to upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7 Home premium. My Windows 7 installation got corrupted and gave constant BSOD that I could not really work. I tried system restore but as per Murphy's law, nothing is going smooth. I have been trying for 2 days and...
  9. Activating Windows 10 with Windows 7 "Upgrade" Key

Activating Windows 10 with Windows 7 "Upgrade" Key: Hey guys I'm kinda stuck here. Our company has a Windows 7 "Upgrade" key that we use on all of our machines and we're trying to find a way to fresh install Windows 10 using that key but it's giving us an invalid response. If we upgrade the machine from the current Windows 7...
  10. Windows 7 x86 upgrade hangs on FIRST BOOT with spinning icon

Windows 7 x86 upgrade hangs on FIRST BOOT with spinning icon: I have an older Windows 7 Professional x86 install (on a multiboot) that I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10. Hardware is an AAEON thin mini-ITX with i3 3225, 4000 HD graphics and 500gb SSD. The installation halts on the first boot, after the files have been copied, with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 7 upgrade to window 10 key