Windows 10: Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure - stuck in boot loop attempting to recover installation...

Discus and support Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure - stuck in boot loop attempting to recover installation... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a very old laptop stuck in in and endless boot loop after it attempted to automatically update itself from windows 7 to 10. The problem being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by reaper238, Apr 28, 2020.

1. reaper238 Win User

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure - stuck in boot loop attempting to recover installation...

I have a very old laptop stuck in in and endless boot loop after it attempted to automatically update itself from windows 7 to 10.

The problem being the laptop has some old software that cant be easily obtained again so I need to find a way to get it rolled back to windows 7 without wiping it and reinstalling everything.

My problem is that I cant get into the recovery console switching off mid boot twice it just wont work.

All the computer will do is begin to load then say "attempting to recover installation" for a fraction of a second and then "undoing changes made to your computer" reboot and repeat.

Has anyone any suggestions on how I can roll this back without the machine being able to finish the windows 10 update?

Thanks

:)

reaper238, Apr 28, 2020
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Apr 28, 2020
  3. jjjjswan Win User
    Windows 10 attempting to recover installation

Appreciate your assistance.

Have attempted your instructions however the windows logo does not appear at any stage in the loop. The loop goes:-

Option ROM

Dell logo

The pc makes a flickering noise

Attempting to recover

Restoring your previous version

The loop then continues.

I attempted the rebooting with the Dell logo with no effect.

Any more suggestions?

jjjjswan, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure - stuck in boot loop attempting to recover installation...

Windows 10 start up stuck 'attempting to recover installation'/

After numerous 'failed' attempts by my windows/microsoft do to auto windows 10 updates, and twice microsoft tech logging in online to stop the updates, it now wont start up at all, updates still continued attempted to run . Now on boot up constantly stuck
    in a loop saying ' attempting to recover installation' and 'restoring your previous version of windows' . No log in screen so no start up menu . Ive tried F8 on start up. No difference and not getting anywhere

TanyaMoyse, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure - stuck in boot loop attempting to recover installation...

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure - stuck in boot loop attempting to recover installation... - Similar Threads - upgrade failure stuck

2. All attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!: I have a huge problem. While i was resetting my pc, My laptop charger accidently got plugged off and instantly turned off on 21% my laptop battery is bad, the next time I started, I keep getting this popup on a loop "all attempts to recover this installation failed. please go...
  3. all attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all attempts to recover this installation failed on a loop - help!: I have a huge problem. While i was resetting my pc, My laptop charger accidently got plugged off and instantly turned off on 21% my laptop battery is bad, the next time I started, I keep getting this popup on a loop "all attempts to recover this installation failed. please go...
  4. Laptop stuck in 'Attempting to recover installation'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck in 'Attempting to recover installation': Recently went to install a Windows 10 update on my laptop, this update must have failed as I went to turn on my laptop and it is stuck in the following loop: It shows the hp logo, then goes to a screen with a message 'attempting to recover installation', followed by...
  5. Boot failure in installation windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot failure in installation windows 7 to 10: I tried to upgrade with the tool windows 10 update Assistant I choose a option upgrade pc. And preparing After 2-3 time reboot. And show boot failure. My some important data in C drive Please some any help Very very important data and documents. Any recovery option...
  6. Attempting to recover installation keeps looping at start up

Attempting to recover installation keeps looping at start up: Let me preface this by saying that I know nothing about computers. Last night I had an update scheduled and when I woke up, I had an error message. I can't tell you what it said, I was dumb and just clicked ok. Now, my computer continuously cycles through a start up...
  7. Acer laptop stuck “attempting to recover installation”

Acer laptop stuck “attempting to recover installation”: i was updating my laptop but i didnt realize it wasnt plugged in. about 30% in to the update my laptop died. i plugged it in and it has been stuck in a loop. starting with the acer loading screen, it then says “attempting to recover installation” and then “undoing changes...
  8. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...: So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by...
  9. Windows Boot Failure - Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Boot Failure - Stuck in a loop: Let me preface this by hoping I'm in the correct place for this post, and to be sure my title is okay by this forums' standards. Please do redirect and correct me if either are at fault. Hello! I've run into a bit of an issue when it comes to my Toshiba Satellite laptop....
  10. Repeated failure of attempted upgrade from Windows 7

Repeated failure of attempted upgrade from Windows 7: In the past few months I’ve upgraded three different desktop PCs and my Acer TravelMate from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with no significant problems. I’m now run into trouble trying to upgrade an Asus laptop in the same way. I’ve tried twice. The first attempt failed with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 stuck on loop from failed windows 10 upgrade

2. tosheba satellite pro wont let me upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10