Windows 10: Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure

Discus and support Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my current Windows 7 pc. I have a USB iso boot. However no matter what I do it gets stuck on the logo screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by andrewwells3, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure

Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my current Windows 7 pc. I have a USB iso boot. However no matter what I do it gets stuck on the logo screen with spinning dots.

In safe mode it gets stuck on logo screen without dots.

I think doing a clean install is best for me but I also am unable to wipe and reformat the HDD - the options are greyed out

Please help, really need to sort this pc out

Thanks

:)

andrewwells3, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure - Similar Threads - upgrade failure

2. BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop: I have two old laptops, Acer Aspire 5470 and Toshiba Satellite C660. On both the links you can see the maximum RAM supported is 8 GB. So I got two 8 GB sticks, these ones to be specific: DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM And I removed the old 2 GB sticks. When I put either of the RAM...
  3. BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure) after upgrading RAM of two laptop: I have two old laptops, Acer Aspire 5470 and Toshiba Satellite C660. On both the links you can see the maximum RAM supported is 8 GB. So I got two 8 GB sticks, these ones to be specific: DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM And I removed the old 2 GB sticks. When I put either of the RAM...
  4. Upgrade on Microsoft solitaire collections events failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade on Microsoft solitaire collections events failure: I recently purchased a HP laptop. It has Windows-S. The Events portion on Microsoft Solitaire Collections state it needs to upgrade. I proceed to upgrade - go to the Microsoft store - which shows it is installed. The upgrade does not happen. Why? Is it the Windows-S?...
  5. Win10 1803->1903 Upgrade Failures with Log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1803->1903 Upgrade Failures with Log: Multiple failures via WinUpdate & MCT. SFC no errors. Log attached. TIA 2018-05-26 10:43:28, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl<class CDlpErrorImpl<class CDlpObjectInternalImpl<class CUnknownImpl<class IMoSetupDlpAction> > > >::Suspend(1066): Result = 0xC1800104...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade 1803->1903 Failure w/ Log

Windows 10 Upgrade 1803->1903 Failure w/ Log: Multiple attempts via WinUpdt & MCT, SFC no errors. Log attached. TIA 139977
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade Failure

Windows 10 Upgrade Failure: Can someone please look at the upgrade log below to see if you can determine the cause of the upgrade (from 1803 to 1903) failure? I tried the following: net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net...
  8. Upgrade 1809 to 1903 stopcode failure

Upgrade 1809 to 1903 stopcode failure: I have an HP ENVY All-in-one 27b2XX with i7 2.40 Ghz and 16 GB of Ram that's a little over a year old that I've tried three times to upgrade from 1809 to 1903 and has failed before the first reboot takes place. I get a blue failure screen that lasts for about 10 seconds...
  9. 07/23/2019 upgrade to #1903 causing endless "reliability history" failures of "system...

07/23/2019 upgrade to #1903 causing endless "reliability history" failures of "system...: Ever since my 07/23/2019 upgrade to #1903, I've had daily "stopped working" notifications from my reliability monitor on system settings broker. Windows 10 Pro #1903 18362.267 Is this already under investigation? Is this experienced by others? My reliability monitor...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade failure because of Cypress TrackPad

Windows 10 Upgrade failure because of Cypress TrackPad: When attempting to upgrade to Windows 10, I encounter the following error when trying to uninstall Cypress TrackPad from my Dell XPS laptop: Error 5: Access Denied Cannot uninstall I am not able to move forward with the upgrade....