Windows 10: Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure

Discus and support Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my current Windows 7 pc. I have a USB iso boot. However no matter what I do it gets stuck on the logo screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by andrewwells3, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure

Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my current Windows 7 pc. I have a USB iso boot. However no matter what I do it gets stuck on the logo screen with spinning dots.

In safe mode it gets stuck on logo screen without dots.

I think doing a clean install is best for me but I also am unable to wipe and reformat the HDD - the options are greyed out

Please help, really need to sort this pc out

Thanks

:)

andrewwells3, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure - Similar Threads - upgrade failure

2. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  3. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  4. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help with upgrading to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with upgrading to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on...: Trying to upgrade to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on SECOND_BOOT phase during SYSPREP_RESPECIALIZE operation. Uninstalled software, ran several error checks, performed a clean boot, disabled network and SD card reader through BIOS, the error...
  6. Need help with upgrading to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on...

Need help with upgrading to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on...: Trying to upgrade to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on SECOND_BOOT phase during SYSPREP_RESPECIALIZE operation. Uninstalled software, ran several error checks, performed a clean boot, disabled network and SD card reader through BIOS, the error...
  7. Need help with upgrading to Windows 11. Consistently receiving 0x40021 error, failure on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Upgrade failures from SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade failures from SCCM deployment: I'm trying to deploy a Windows 11 upgrade to some of our older Windows 10 machines that meet the minimum requirements but am having problems with deploying to my initial test machine. When the Task Sequence progress is shown, the installation keeps hanging at 14%. Which log...
  9. Windows Upgrade failures from SCCM deployment

Windows Upgrade failures from SCCM deployment: I'm trying to deploy a Windows 11 upgrade to some of our older Windows 10 machines that meet the minimum requirements but am having problems with deploying to my initial test machine. When the Task Sequence progress is shown, the installation keeps hanging at 14%. Which log...
  10. Failure upgrading to Windows 11: BSOD INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP, error code 0xc1900101 - 0x30018

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure upgrading to Windows 11: BSOD INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP, error code 0xc1900101 - 0x30018: I tried several times to upgrade an Acer Aspire F5-573G from Win 10 to Win 11. Every time it seems, that Windows 11 was successfully installed, but after 2 reboots the process stops at 48% when applying updates: BSOD "INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP". Then a rollback to Windows 10...