Windows 10: Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, missing main menu and all modern UI apps popular problem

Discus and support Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, missing main menu and all modern UI apps popular problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I have recently migrated from Windows 7 to 10 and I experience the same as a lot of other users, that is, none of the modern-UI tools XML I guess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anothergol, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, missing main menu and all modern UI apps popular problem

Hello,I have recently migrated from Windows 7 to 10 and I experience the same as a lot of other users, that is, none of the modern-UI tools XML I guess is working. Clicking on them does nothing but display a hourglass, and errors are logged in the events log.It started that way, after the upgrade Windows 10 first booted u

:)

anothergol, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Scott Xe Win User
    Modern UI next to Start Menu

I notice the modern UI next to Start Menu in desktop mode. This modern UI is an incomplete one unlike the full program menu in Windows 8.1 tablet mode. What is major purpose to have it - looks like a duplication of Start Menu?

Scott Xe, Mar 23, 2023
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, missing main menu and all modern UI apps popular problem

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, missing main menu and all modern UI apps popular problem

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, missing main menu and all modern UI apps popular problem - Similar Threads - upgrade missing main

2. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, missing main menu and all modern UI apps popular problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, missing main menu and all modern UI apps popular problem: Hello,I have recently migrated from Windows 7 to 10 and I experience the same as a lot of other users, that is, none of the modern-UI tools XML I guess is working. Clicking on them does nothing but display a hourglass, and errors are logged in the events log.It started that...
  3. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, missing main menu and all modern UI apps popular problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 to 10 upgrade, missing main menu and all modern UI apps popular problem: Hello,I have recently migrated from Windows 7 to 10 and I experience the same as a lot of other users, that is, none of the modern-UI tools XML I guess is working. Clicking on them does nothing but display a hourglass, and errors are logged in the events log.It started that...
  4. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing modern ui font: I'm using Windows 10. I want to change my system font to something other than Segoe UI. I tried some registry codes from different websites. The font in some programs like File Explorer and Control Panel was changed perfectly, but the font in start menu, notifications,...
  5. changing modern ui font

changing modern ui font: I'm using Windows 10. I want to change my system font to something other than Segoe UI. I tried some registry codes from different websites. The font in some programs like File Explorer and Control Panel was changed perfectly, but the font in start menu, notifications,...
  6. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar: Whenever I open an app that is in the list of Modern UI Applications, its taskbar icon uses the This PC icon, not the correct icon for the app. For example the two rightmost icons in this screenshot are actually open windows for Notepad and Spotify. My Windows 11 does display...
  8. Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar: Whenever I open an app that is in the list of Modern UI Applications, its taskbar icon uses the This PC icon, not the correct icon for the app. For example the two rightmost icons in this screenshot are actually open windows for Notepad and Spotify. My Windows 11 does display...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing: So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with: [img] All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page:...
  10. Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

in Windows 10 Support
    Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input: A newbie to the forum. Strange one, I have searched all over for an answer to this problem.*Sad Window 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393.187, under any modern app I'm unable to type any information in, this includes Cortana search field, the windows store search field,...