Windows 10: Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade - SSD question

Discus and support Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade - SSD question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am a member from sevenforums and this is me just getting going here on tenforums. My PC is a bit 'sick' at the moment. I run Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RedLad, Nov 9, 2018.

1. RedLad Win User

Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade - SSD question

Hi everyone,

I am a member from sevenforums and this is me just getting going here on tenforums.

My PC is a bit 'sick' at the moment. I run Windows 7 and people in work have suggested I just update to Windows 10. So it is a perfect time to do this I feel!

I wanted to ask a question about my current SSD. I currently have the Samsung SM841N in my PC.
    Would you recommend going ahead and performing the upgrade on this SSD or to buy a more up to date one like this:

Samsung 512 GB 860 Pro Sata III 64L V NAND Solid State Drive,MZ-76P512B/EU: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

Thanks Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade - SSD question :)

Paul

:)

RedLad, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Very nice. Used the preview for awhile and like it so there's 3 Windows 7 computers here that'll go to 10 upon launch. Now the important question is when? I'd like it to coincide with some SSD upgrades.

Jizzler, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade - SSD question

Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade - SSD question

1. Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade - SSD question - Similar Threads - Upgrade SSD question

2. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe: I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.So right now I'm still using Windows 7...
  3. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe: I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.So right now I'm still using Windows 7...
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SSD Upgrade Questions

SSD Upgrade Questions: Current Storage: I currently have a Dell Inspiron 27 7775 all-in-one computer with 1TB of HDD as the C: and a 256GB SSD A: drive. I want to: 1. Upgrade the SSD in my system to a Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD 2. Install Windows 10 to the new SSD from a USB drive...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 questions

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 questions: Hello ! I want to buy windows 10 today. I will upgrade my desktop PC from windows 7. I currently have 2 drives my SSD drive which is drive C: and my hard drive which is baclkup drive E: If I buy and download and install Windows 10 will it install onto drive c: and leave...
  7. upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10

upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10: Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have 1 desktop with vista that came with it from the factory, it has the product key on the case, the other 3 I did a...
  8. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Question: We have a project to upgrade approximately 20 devices from Windows 7 to Windows 10. We need to know whether Microsoft 365 Business, licensed through CSP can accommodate multiple Windows 7 devices to Windows 10. For example, one user has three computers, does M365B ($20 SKU)...
  9. Win 7 upgraded to 10 questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 upgraded to 10 questions: I purchased a desktop that had Win 7 with the discs and COA on unit. Has former owners name come up with password to log in and was going to use the built-in Factory Image Restore partition to remove him and personalize the desktop for me. Would not work with directions...
  10. Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade - SSD question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade - SSD question: Hi everyone, I am a member from sevenforums and this is me just getting going here on tenforums. My PC is a bit 'sick' at the moment. I run Windows 7 and people in work have suggested I just update to Windows 10. So it is a perfect time to do this I feel! I wanted to ask a...