Windows 10: Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 7 to 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! I purchased an HP desktop with Win 7 Pro back in ~2015. After not touching the PC for years I decided to upgrade its OS recently. I heard the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/loraxspeaksfortrees, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Hi all! I purchased an HP desktop with Win 7 Pro back in ~2015. After not touching the PC for years I decided to upgrade its OS recently. I heard the upgrade period has been closed for a while and purchased a Win 10 home USB. I opened the USB last night and it kept telling me that my PC needed and update in order to install Win 10. I updated and opted to use the Windows Installation Creation Tool from microsoft. This morning, I opened the computer to see my PC running Win 10 PRO. Does this mean my Home USB wasn’t used at all? Can i get a refund on Win 10 usb even if I didnt use it?

submitted by /u/loraxspeaksfortrees
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/loraxspeaksfortrees, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10: I have a friend who has Parkinsons - she did not update her pc to Windows 10 when she had the opportunity due to her illness - she is stuck on Windows 8.1 which is causing some issues now - is there any way that Microsoft could provide her with an upgrade to Windows 10 even...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 10: I have a friend who has Parkinsons - she did not update her pc to Windows 10 when she had the opportunity due to her illness - she is stuck on Windows 8.1 which is causing some issues now - is there any way that Microsoft could provide her with an upgrade to Windows 10 even...
  4. sd card reader not working since win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sd card reader not working since win 11 upgrade: Hi folks. I have a lenovo s340 with 16gb ram.Since I upgraded to win 11 recently, the unbuilt sd card reader is not working.I have applied windows updates, I have also used the Intel and lenovo tools to apply any available updates but to no avail.There are a bunch of items in...
  5. sd card reader not working since win 11 upgrade

sd card reader not working since win 11 upgrade: Hi folks. I have a lenovo s340 with 16gb ram.Since I upgraded to win 11 recently, the unbuilt sd card reader is not working.I have applied windows updates, I have also used the Intel and lenovo tools to apply any available updates but to no avail.There are a bunch of items in...
  6. About windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About windows 11 upgrade: Hello, I have an issue with switching to windows 11. I have installed the PC Health Check app and it says that I can't upgrade because my processor is not supported. When I checked the list of the supported processors I could find mine i5-7300HQ. I even reinstalled the app...
  7. About windows 11 upgrade

About windows 11 upgrade: Hello, I have an issue with switching to windows 11. I have installed the PC Health Check app and it says that I can't upgrade because my processor is not supported. When I checked the list of the supported processors I could find mine i5-7300HQ. I even reinstalled the app...
  8. About windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. HOW TO UPGRADE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO UPGRADE: I HAVE 23H2 ON MY PC BUT I WANT 24H2 WITHOUT CLEAN INSTALL OR GOING TO CANARY OR DEV CHANNEL MY 23H2 VERSION IS WINDOWS11 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade/aea0ae7c-05fb-431b-8f03-0dd546e605d8
  10. HOW TO UPGRADE

HOW TO UPGRADE: I HAVE 23H2 ON MY PC BUT I WANT 24H2 WITHOUT CLEAN INSTALL OR GOING TO CANARY OR DEV CHANNEL MY 23H2 VERSION IS WINDOWS11 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade/aea0ae7c-05fb-431b-8f03-0dd546e605d8