Windows 10: Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 7 to 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! I purchased an HP desktop with Win 7 Pro back in ~2015. After not touching the PC for years I decided to upgrade its OS recently. I heard the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/loraxspeaksfortrees, Oct 17, 2020 at 1:53 PM.

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Hi all! I purchased an HP desktop with Win 7 Pro back in ~2015. After not touching the PC for years I decided to upgrade its OS recently. I heard the upgrade period has been closed for a while and purchased a Win 10 home USB. I opened the USB last night and it kept telling me that my PC needed and update in order to install Win 10. I updated and opted to use the Windows Installation Creation Tool from microsoft. This morning, I opened the computer to see my PC running Win 10 PRO. Does this mean my Home USB wasn’t used at all? Can i get a refund on Win 10 usb even if I didnt use it?

submitted by /u/loraxspeaksfortrees
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/loraxspeaksfortrees, Oct 17, 2020 at 1:53 PM
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

4. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 17, 2020 at 1:59 PM
Thema:

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Trying to install Windows Pro for Windows 10 just got Windows upgrade failed Error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Windows Pro for Windows 10 just got Windows upgrade failed Error...: Trying to install Windows Pro for Windows 10 just got Windows upgrade failed Error Code:0x80070005 PLEASE HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-windows-pro-for-windows-10-just/5822c8a8-e0f7-49a4-b0f9-369af51e98ed
  3. Upgrade windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro

Upgrade windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro: I am having windows 10 home edition, i want to upgrade to Windows 10 pro, how to upgarde? Please inform. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-10-home-single-language-to-windows/3d41397d-6190-49ca-bb25-553d86e057d8
  4. RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...: I was having trouble getting Windows Update to move me from the Windows 10 Home edition 1903.1016 build to build 1909 or 2004. So, I purchased a Windows Pro up from Microsoft which is something I wanted to do anyway. However, it failed to upgrade my PC to Pro edition. I...
  5. Failed Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade that I paid for . . .

Failed Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade that I paid for . . .: Today I decided to upgrade my desktop system from Windows 10 Home to Pro in order to take advantage of some features. I paid the $99 fee, initiated the upgrade, and came back to my machine to an error message no - I didn't write it down. I then rebooted my system. When I...
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install properly - now I...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install properly - now I...: I was having trouble getting Windows Update to move me from the Windows 10 Home edition 1903.1016 build to build 1909 or 2004. So, I purchased a Windows Pro up from Microsoft which is something I wanted to do anyway. However, it failed to upgrade my PC to Pro edition. I...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade: I want to upgrade from windows 10 1809 to windows 10 2004,but i am having issues ,pls cam someone send me a link or show me a way to upgrade,the reason why i want to upgrade is because i want to install desktop apps from microsoft store on my laptop but some apps like corel...
  8. now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color: now that I have upgraded to windows 10, my printer won't print certain things in color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/now-that-i-have-upgraded-to-windows-10-my-printer/6e7fc597-88e5-41f2-8b66-30e9d844c9c9
  9. Upgrading to a Larger M.2 SSD, Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading to a Larger M.2 SSD, Windows: Not sure if this is the right sub for this but, I currently have an OMEN b HP 17-inch Gaming Laptop w/ 144Hz Anti-Glare G-Sync Display, with GTX 1060. Series number: 17-an120nr It came installed with a 1TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive + 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive. I...
  10. Cannot upgrade from Home to Pro: "Something happened and we can't start the upgrade"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot upgrade from Home to Pro: "Something happened and we can't start the upgrade": Bought an upgrade key on Windows Store (from a legit Home version; purchased laptop directly from MSI). Went to activation section and tried to activate from store. Upgrade now on this PC >> Yes, I saved Error: "Something happened and we can't start the upgrade." I tried...