Windows 10: Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end

Discus and support Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; PCs that run Windows 7 will show notifications about the upcoming support end starting in April 2019 according to Microsoft. Support for consumer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 13, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end

PCs that run Windows 7 will show notifications about the upcoming support end starting in April 2019 according to Microsoft.

Support for consumer versions of Windows 7 ends on January 14, 2020. Enterprise-customers may extend support by up to three years by paying per-user fees to Microsoft that double each year.

April 2019 was chosen as the starting month by Microsoft to give customers ample time to migrate to -- the company hopes -- Windows 10. Customers do have other options including upgrading to Windows 8.1 which is still supported for another three years, staying on Windows 7, or migrating to Linux.

By starting the reminders now, our hope is that you have time to plan and prepare for this transition

Tip: Check out the first and second part of our ongoing migrating from Windows 7 to Linux series here.

Microsoft has not revealed yet how these notifications will look like. The only information Microsoft provided is that these are of informative nature only and that users may select that they don't want to see further notifications.

These notifications are designed to help provide information only and if you would prefer not to receive them again, you’ll be able to select an option for “do not notify me again,” and we will not send you any further reminders.

It seems likely that the notifications will have a similar look and feel to them as the notifications that Microsoft displayed on Windows XP systems in 2014 when that version of Windows was about to reach the end of its support lifetime.

Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end windows-xp.png

The notification listed the end of support date for the operating system, a link to open a web page with additional information, and an option to select "don't show this message again" to block the popup notification from being displayed again on the system.

Users who just close the popup using the window close control will receive notifications in the future. Checking the box and clicking ok is the only option to block future notifications from being displayed on the device.

Get Windows 10?

Veteran Windows 7 users may be reminded of the Get Windows 10 campaign that Microsoft pushed vehemently in Windows 10's first year of release.

The notifications won't have the same characteristics of that campaign as they don't include options to upgrade the operating system to Windows 10.

It remains to be seen if Microsoft will resurrect Get Windows 10, even though it said it would not, later in that year.

Now You: Still running Windows 7? What's your plan in 2020? (via Woody)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 13, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 7 and Office 2010 End of Support

Read more:

Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end [​IMG]
    Tip Windows 10 Specifications & Systems Requirements

How to Upgrade to Windows 10

How to Clean Install Windows 10

Brink, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end

Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end

1. Windows 7 to show notifications about upcoming support end - Similar Threads - show notifications upcoming

2. Windows 7 and 8.1 support ends next month

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 and 8.1 support ends next month: Microsoft plans to end support for Windows 7 and 8.1 on January 10, 2022. The devices won't receive updates anymore after end of support and some programs, like Chrome or Microsoft Edge, won't receive updates anymore either immediately after support end. Some users may...
  3. Licensing End of Support Windows 7 Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing End of Support Windows 7 Virtual Machine: As everyone knows, Windows 7 is no longer supported so I was wondering has the licensing dynamics changed when using it. Specifically using it as a virtual machine on a Windows 10 Pro Hyper-V host. If it must be licensed, what license is require Software Assurance or VDA?...
  4. End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users

in Windows 10 News
    End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users: Microsoft started to inform Windows 7 Home users that support for the operating system was about to run out. From this week on, the notifications will also be shown to users running devices with Windows 7 Pro. The company's Windows 7 operating system will run out of support...
  5. How to stop Windows 7 End of Support Notifications

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Windows 7 End of Support Notifications: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 7 is indeed a great operating system. Even after 3 years of Windows 10 release, it has been giving it a tough competition in terms of the market share it acquired. But everything good has an end. And with [...] This post How to stop Windows 7 End of...
  6. If you don't want end of support notifications on Windows 7, block KB4493132

in Windows 10 News
    If you don't want end of support notifications on Windows 7, block KB4493132: Microsoft announced earlier this month that it would start to show end of support notifications on devices running the company's Windows 7 operating system. Windows 7 support ends in January 2020 for consumer versions of the operating system. Enterprise customers may extend...
  7. Microsoft to start informing Windows 7 users about the OS end of support

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to start informing Windows 7 users about the OS end of support: Microsoft last year announced that it will stop pushing out cumulative updates to Windows 7 on January 14, 2020, and there will be no support or service updates pushed after the deadline. As the end of support, the deadline is approaching, Microsoft is planning to inform...
  8. Windows 7 and Office 2010 End of Support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 and Office 2010 End of Support: Make the shift from Windows 7 and Office 2010 to Windows 10 and Office 365. Support for Windows 7 will end on January 14, 2020. Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for devices running Windows 7 operating systems. That’s why it’s time to...
  9. End of Support Windows 7 and Office 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    End of Support Windows 7 and Office 2010: Just letting you guys know, just letting you greedy guys know, people loved Windows 7 because it was a WORKING operating system and not a home entertainment system crap. There is a xbox for that, I want my computer BE A computer. I do not need netflix "app" on my computer and...
  10. Windows 7 Support ends in three years

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 Support ends in three years: One of the most successful operating systems is gradually approaching the end of its life cycle : the extended support of Windows 7 will be completed in three years. This means for all customers with Windows 7 PCs that from January 14, 2020 there will be no security updates,...