Windows 10: Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 getting stuck on 46% checking for updates

Discus and support Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 getting stuck on 46% checking for updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my laptop I have bought a Windows Home license. It goes through what looks like the right process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThayneForbes, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 getting stuck on 46% checking for updates

I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my laptop I have bought a Windows Home license. It goes through what looks like the right process but get frozen on checking for updates at 46%. On cancelling it also gets stuck on setup is cleaning before it closes. Can anyone recommend how to deal with this or carry out a Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10

:)

ThayneForbes, Apr 7, 2020

2. windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 is stuck at "Getting Updates" at 46% for last few hours....

Hi,

I am upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 home basic version to windows 10. everything was getting downloaded until it got stuck at "Getting Updates" at 46% for last 7 hours now.....Last night same thing happened and I had to close it, which rolled back the
    installation to previous windows 7 and windows 10 was not installed... Please suggest what is the solution to this problem.

Anil Khatri, Apr 7, 2020
  3. NaomiSRVN Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade gets stuck at 46%

I've been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 for the last 2 days. I first used the disk I purchased and all went well until the updating part. It then gets stuck at 46% and won't go any further - i left it overnight and still no progress.

I went onto support and tried downloading a copy, again everything went fine until the updating part, where it again got stuck at 46%

Any suggestions gratefully received

NaomiSRVN, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 getting stuck on 46% checking for updates

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 getting stuck on 46% checking for updates

1. Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 getting stuck on 46% checking for updates - Similar Threads - upgrade getting stuck

2. Stuck at 46% upgrading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at 46% upgrading: Im on Windows 10 Home and I'm upgrading to Windows 11. I got the ISO for Win 11, and ran the setup file. The dialog said a couple things, then has said "Checking for updates - 46%" for 30 minutes now. What should I do.GMO Potato...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 46%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 46%: Hello, I have been having issues upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I run MediaCreatonTool20H2.exe, usually the Windows 10 install gets stuck at 46% on the "Getting Updates" screen. I've tried following guides on the issue, but they haven't helped in solving the...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade gets stuck at 46%

Windows 10 upgrade gets stuck at 46%: I've been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 for the last 2 days. I first used the disk I purchased and all went well until the updating part. It then gets stuck at 46% and won't go any further - i left it overnight and still no progress. I went onto support and tried...
  5. windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 is stuck at "Getting Updates" at 46% for last few hours....

windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 is stuck at "Getting Updates" at 46% for last few hours....: Hi, I am upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 home basic version to windows 10. everything was getting downloaded until it got stuck at "Getting Updates" at 46% for last 7 hours now.....Last night same thing happened and I had to close it, which rolled back the installation...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 46%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 46%: submitted by /u/blovedcommander [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eexq0q/windows_10_upgrade_stuck_at_46/
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10, checking for updates won't get past 46%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to Windows 10, checking for updates won't get past 46%: I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my laptop and I get a good way through the installation process and will always stop at 46% on the checking for updates section. I've tried rebooting and redownloading multiple times but it won't ever get bast 46 percent....
  8. Getting updates stuck at 46% on Windows 10 Upgrade from 8.1

Getting updates stuck at 46% on Windows 10 Upgrade from 8.1: This is what I've been getting for the past 30-45 minutes. [ATTACH] To my best memory, this hasn't happened to me before. Any tips? Thanks....
  9. Windows gets stuck at checking for updates on 46 percent

Windows gets stuck at checking for updates on 46 percent: So i have an old hard drive from a previous computer with windows 10 on it, and i haven't been able to update it since late 2017. Even after i cloned this drive onto a new ssd, it still wont update. and when i use the media creation tool, it gets stuck on the checking for...
  10. Windows 10 update stuck at 46%

Windows 10 update stuck at 46%: My windows 10 update has been stuck at 46% for half an hour now it just says checking for updates[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-stuck-at-46/624e177c-4f41-401e-af50-95695597a369

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 upgrade windows 7 46%