Windows 10: Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10. Is it still legal?

Discus and support Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10. Is it still legal? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello guys/Microsoft, I have a question which I hope someone may help us with. As a business, we currently run Windows 7 with a planned upgrade to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gary White (gwhite), Apr 26, 2019.

1. Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10. Is it still legal?

Hello guys/Microsoft,

I have a question which I hope someone may help us with.

As a business, we currently run Windows 7 with a planned upgrade to Windows 10 on the horizon.

A 'grey area' that I can't find an answer to is upgrading an existing PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Whilst Microsoft stopped offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade some time ago, we can still download Windows 10 for free and use the Windows 7 licence key to activate Windows 10. Although Microsoft doesn't acknowledge that this works, it does grant us a genuine Windows 10 licence upon activation. Do anyone know if this is a completely business legal upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

Thanks in advance,

Gary

:)

Gary White (gwhite), Apr 26, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10. Is it still legal?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10. Is it still legal?

1. Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10. Is it still legal? - Similar Threads - upgrade still legal

2. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  3. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  4. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why are Windows Updates still legal???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Windows Updates still legal???: HOW IS THIS STILL LEGAL????!!!!I paid a fortune for my laptop. I bought it. With MY money. I didn't rent it. I didn't lease it. I OWN IT. So what gives Microsoft the right to make changes to my device WITHOUT my consent or authorization??????This situation would be totally...
  6. Is it legal to upgrade from WIndows 7/8.1OEM license to Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it legal to upgrade from WIndows 7/8.1OEM license to Windows 10 ?: Hello, I have upgraded my computer from Windows 8.1 having an OEM license to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. The windows activation status is showing "Windows is activated" after the upgrade. This didn't prompt to enter Product Key This means that I upgrade to...
  7. Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10: Microsoft is no longer releasing security updates for Windows 7 and the company encourages everyone to upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 upgrade efforts aren’t as aggressive as they were back in the days when Microsoft launched Windows 10. In January, Microsoft said it has...
  8. Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Experts, Can i confirm that , as of now are we still able free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 ... i just tested a few machines, used the product key from the sticker Windows 7 Product Key and try activate, it was success .... is this the right way or please...
  9. Legal and Cheapest options for Windows 10 Pro upgrade (from Windows 7 Pro)

Legal and Cheapest options for Windows 10 Pro upgrade (from Windows 7 Pro): Hi there, We have 40 Windows 7 pcs need to be upgrade to Windows 10, I wondered what is the legal and cheapest option I have? Can I legally (without violating Microsoft license terms) do a clean install on these machines with brand new Windows 10 OEM keys? Your advice...
  10. Is it legal to upgrade Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10 without a license key to Windows 10...

Is it legal to upgrade Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10 without a license key to Windows 10...: Hi, I have a question. I have a lot of computers in my company that i must to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. These computers have a windows 7 and 8 license. IS IT LEGAL to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 using the Create Windows 10 installation media? I tested...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it legal to upgrade windows 7 oem to windows 10

2. windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 is it legal