Windows 10: Windows 7 Upgrade to Windows 10 kills off Audio. Manufacturer drivers useless.

Discus and support Windows 7 Upgrade to Windows 10 kills off Audio. Manufacturer drivers useless. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So. I know a thread exists about this. I've seen it. If you're here just for the upgrade issue, then this one is your solution;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeltaElact, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Windows 7 Upgrade to Windows 10 kills off Audio. Manufacturer drivers useless.

So. I know a thread exists about this. I've seen it.

If you're here just for the upgrade issue, then this one is your solution;

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-window-10-installation/dde20cf9-badf-4522-9102-1f2f1c96f1ca?page=1

However, my problem is "special" or "unique". Here's the issue;

The latest drivers are installed, everything works and laptop is happy, but it can't output audio.

I tested the bitrate, it doesn't work, I shut off exlusive access, also doesn't work, Enhancements disabling ALSO doesn't work, windows says that it's playing audio but IT ISN'T.

Manufacturer drivers ALSO DON'T WORK, IDT Audio Drivers is non-functional. Laptop Model: HP 620

Weird thing is... all of this used to work. I had windows 7 32-bit for 9.5 years, it was flawless, no issues, but after a lot of nagging that windows 7 sucks and it's unsafe and many more Just don't be a moron with windows 7 and you're fine I upgraded to windows 10 32-bit. Main reason I upgraded was support. Many apps that I use just didn't unlock full features with windows 7, it required windows 10. So I used windows 10 pro 32-bit for a week or two, turns out half my laptop's drivers were incompatible, I dealt with it, nothing major, just no bluetooth, requiring to add wifi's manually with names and security types and password and you get the idea, my laptop didn't like it but it still worked.

So, after some weeks of using 32-bit windows I realised I could support 64-bit! What a surprise eh? All those apps telling me my cpu was 32-bit was a lie, so I thought "Wouldn't hurt to go 64 bit and actually use my 6GB RAM I just upgraded to." So I did, with a fresh install, formatted my main driver backing up all my data, it was a successful upgrade with no issues, everything was compatible, the wifi worked, so did the bluetooth and many more stuff that didn't work... Except, for the audio... So here I am, days without audio and my work revolves using audio. It's a very important thing to me. Now, weird thing is, I made another partition, installed my old windows 7 there 32-bit and it transferred over the drivers windows 10 had... The audio worked..?

For some reason, 32-bit systems just work on my laptop even though I can support 64-bit. Why?

Nobody knows why it doesn't work, I've consulted many technicians They didn't find the issue, I've seen plenty of videos with comments from the viewers full of glee that it works only to not work for me and I've seen hundreds of forums only to not find the answer. Windows just doesn't like my audio device... The drivers work, so does the output... it just doesn't produce any sound.

Any bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

Intresting Note:

Plugging in my headphones with or without volume by clicking the mute button activates and disables electricity to my headphones and I can hear like a faint relay from the speakers receiving and losing power by muting or un-muting my headphones. There's no relay

Audio Driver Event Info;

Speaker Audio Driver Event Info:

Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7666&SUBSYS_103C1526&REV_1001\4&38b950b0&0&0001 requires further installation.

HDMI Output Audio Driver Event Info:

Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2802&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&38b950b0&0&0201 requires further installation.

:)

DeltaElact, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 7 Upgrade to Windows 10 kills off Audio. Manufacturer drivers useless.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 7 Upgrade to Windows 10 kills off Audio. Manufacturer drivers useless.

1. Windows 7 Upgrade to Windows 10 kills off Audio. Manufacturer drivers useless. - Similar Threads - Upgrade kills off

2. Windows Upgrade & Audio Driver Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade & Audio Driver Error: Hi All,I need some help with my laptop as nothing seems to be working properly on it anymore.A small new Windows update didn't get installed properly yesterday and when I turned my laptop on today it wouldn't start up. after a lot of shutting it down and starting it up made...
  3. Windows Upgrade & Audio Driver Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Upgrade & Audio Driver Error: Hi All,I need some help with my laptop as nothing seems to be working properly on it anymore.A small new Windows update didn't get installed properly yesterday and when I turned my laptop on today it wouldn't start up. after a lot of shutting it down and starting it up made...
  4. Realtek Audio Drivers Killed My Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Drivers Killed My Sound: Basically i bought a second hand laptop Dell Inspirion 13 7352 which had this neat thing that whenever you plugged your headphones in it you could choose what to do with. It was the realtek audio drivers. Than i wiped the laptop clean and it became faster but i lost the audio...
  5. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7... no audio

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7... no audio: I'm sure this has been brought up a million times before, since I feel like I've poured through all of those threads looking for an answer. But here I am so you can guess how much success I had... I built this computer myself so if there is a specific question on a part,...
  6. When user has upgraded to windows 10 and Manufacturer's website has drivers and software...

When user has upgraded to windows 10 and Manufacturer's website has drivers and software...: Manufacturer's release their laptop with Windows Version 8.1 ,8 ,Vista ,7 preinstalled on it , and when User's want to upgrade their computer to Windows 10 they can download from Microsoft website by purchasing the subscriptions. The questing here is if they want to...
  7. Your update killed my audio drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your update killed my audio drivers: I updated my laptop and suddenly no sound. I looked at the volume slider and it said "no audio devices are installed." I went around asking people for help until one guy said that the latest windows update messed with Intel audio drivers. Can you guys tell me how to fix this,...
  8. audio driver after windows 10 upgrade

audio driver after windows 10 upgrade: ok so I have upgraded to windows 10 but cant seem to find audio driver it is vinyl audio vt1708s chipset is asus b75m lx where to get it and my mic. is not being detected thanks...
  9. Realtek, Windows, Nvidia or manufacturer audio drivers?

Realtek, Windows, Nvidia or manufacturer audio drivers?: To expand on the title: What's the best way to keep audio drivers updated? In my case I have a Gigabyte z97 motherboard with the Realtek ALC1150 chip. The driver from Gigabytes website is woefully out of date, early '16. Windows hasn't given me any Realtek...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade killed wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 upgrade killed wifi: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 last night on my laptop. The laptop is a Lenovo Z570 with an i7 processor. My basic problem is that I do not have the capability to turn on my wifi and search for networks now. The hardware switch does nothing. I went into device...