Windows 10: windows 7 upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 4 windows 7 computers now I upgrading to 10. Licenses can I use windows 7 genuine serial keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by heintsHP, Sep 14, 2018.

1. heintsHP Win User

windows 7 upgrade to windows 10

I have 4 windows 7 computers now I upgrading to 10. Licenses can I use windows 7 genuine serial keys

:)

heintsHP, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 14, 2018
  3. TheLostSwede Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded from HD to SSD, and now my Windows 10 Home (x64) product key doesn't work: As the title says, I upgraded my hardware, and now my WIndows 10 home licence doesn't validate. I also upgraded my motherboard, but I don't think this is a valid point. During the installation process (downloaded from the installation media page and ran from an external...
  3. purchased window pro upgrade for $99 from microsoft website

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    purchased window pro upgrade for $99 from microsoft website: purchased and installed window pro upgrade for $99 from microsoft websit and can not see that it was completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-window-pro-upgrade-for-99-from-microsoft/9701f9e6-6640-4209-a500-49d057248bc6
  4. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 1809

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 1809: Split from this thread. I have the exact same issue. It gets to 15% and restarts, then starts with "undoing changes", then boots normally into 1803. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-1809/9a504d80-d7b8-4fef-8838-0c92325f23a1
  5. Sony Vaio SVS1512AJ laptop and on upgrading to WINDOWS 10 the sound from speakers is growling.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Vaio SVS1512AJ laptop and on upgrading to WINDOWS 10 the sound from speakers is growling.: I am using Sony Vaio SVS1512AJ laptop and on upgrading to WINDOWS 10 the sound from speakers is growling. My realtek high definition audio driver is ver 6.0.1.7620 and speaker/hp (realtek high definition audio) driver is ver 1.0.64.10...
  6. When doing a upgrade of 1803 to 1809 and it fails, rather do a clean install of Windows 10 1809

When doing a upgrade of 1803 to 1809 and it fails, rather do a clean install of Windows 10 1809: Hi all, After struggling to upgrade Windows 10 1803 to 1809 from the beginning of October, and talking to the Microsoft support staff via online chat, I knew in my heart of hearts that a clean install of 1809 was my only answer. But of coarse i was delaying this as i would...
  7. How much does it cost to upgrade from Windows 10 Home that is pre-installed on Acer PC to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How much does it cost to upgrade from Windows 10 Home that is pre-installed on Acer PC to...: How much does it cost to upgrade from Windows 10 Home that is pre-installed on Acer PC to Windows 10 Pro ? Or shall I purchase a brand new Windows 10 Pro license ?...
  8. Windows 1809 Upgrade Fails after rebooting at 15% complete and Reverts to 1803.

Windows 1809 Upgrade Fails after rebooting at 15% complete and Reverts to 1803.: This happens with both the Update assistant and a DVD made from the downloadable ISO. Any ideas on what might cause this, or where to look for what might cause this much appreciated. Hardware is a Surface Book with 1TB / 16G....
  9. No Sound after upgrade of Windows 10 in Oct.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound after upgrade of Windows 10 in Oct.: I just want to say that I did a CLEAN INSTALL of windows 10.....and I got my sound back after 7 weeks without sound...….THANKS MICROSOFT...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-upgrade-of-windows-10-in-oct/f85ae29a-21eb-43a2-a988-f0086f996206
  10. Recent upgrade

Recent upgrade: After recent update I now have an "activate Windows" watermark. My computer is a laptop that came with Windows pre-installed then I did the free upgrade to W10. I have no idea what the original product key was. Everything was fine until this last upgrade. The upgrade is also...