Windows 10: windows 7 upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 4 windows 7 computers now I upgrading to 10. Licenses can I use windows 7 genuine serial keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by heintsHP, Sep 14, 2018.

1. heintsHP Win User

windows 7 upgrade to windows 10

I have 4 windows 7 computers now I upgrading to 10. Licenses can I use windows 7 genuine serial keys

:)

heintsHP, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence: I have a school that has purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition activated by a Digital Licence. They wish to upgrade the laptop to Windows 10 Pro and have a valid Volume Licence MAK Key but the laptop will not accept it as valid. I have re-installed the OS from...
  3. Blue screen following upgrade. System thread exception not handled AmUStor.SYS failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen following upgrade. System thread exception not handled AmUStor.SYS failed: My PC ran an automatic upgrade (I think) and now blue screens with the error above. I have had a search around these threads but anything I can find to try in command mode is too old and the commands no longer exist in that form or just don't work. I've tried to have a look...
  4. Upgrade windows 10 home to win 10 pro

Upgrade windows 10 home to win 10 pro: Hi, I'm using windows 10 home and it came pre installed with my laptop. I just want to know , can I update my win version from home to pro by using my existing product key which is already activated for win 10 home Thanks...
  5. Windows 10 1809 Upgrade Block

Windows 10 1809 Upgrade Block: As we all know the October Update (Windows 10 1809) still hasn't rolled out to a majority of the PCs out there. Using a HP laptop and I'm guessing the reason I haven't had it is due to the Intel Display Driver Issues; that is until now. I manually checked for an update just...
  6. Trying tob upgrade to windows 10

Trying tob upgrade to windows 10: I am trying to upgrade my windows 7 to Windows 10 using the media creation via usb. Running setup kept getting stuck trying to search for updates. I finally just updated everything myself, ran the setup from usb again and it said my computer was ready, then when it came to...
  7. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro after purchasing upgrade from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10 Pro after purchasing upgrade from Windows 10 Home: Bought a Windows 10 Pro upgrade, but Windows won't activate as now it believes it has Windows 10 Enterprise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-pro-after-purchasing/82bcb310-2b38-49b4-a885-b7e6098b09eb"
  8. SCCM Windows 1809 feature upgrade Task Sequence with OEM keys

SCCM Windows 1809 feature upgrade Task Sequence with OEM keys: Hello, in my company, we want to upgrade all laptops to Win 10 Pro 1809, primarily from Win 10 Pro 1607, 1703 and 1709). All out devices are using OEM keys. Is this possible and legal to do? I have found information that I cannot upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 or from other...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade failed, now a bunch of my storage is taken up

Windows 10 upgrade failed, now a bunch of my storage is taken up: I was trying to upgrade my windows 7 computer to windows 10 from a USB, then the installation failed due to error 0xC1900101 0x20017. I restarted my computer to try to install windows 10 again but now I dont even have enough space. My drive had 12GB free and now it only has...
  10. Having problems with Cortana and Search after upgrading to version 1809

in Cortana
    Having problems with Cortana and Search after upgrading to version 1809: I upgraded my Windows 10 version 1803 to 1809. Cortana is slow to trigger and as I speak, it quits without doing anything. Same thing happens when i press the mic option. Also when I search for some app and press Enter, the search menu still draws over other apps and even...