Windows 10: Windows 7 user needs a Media Center Replacement.

Discus and support Windows 7 user needs a Media Center Replacement. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 machines with 2 TV Tuners running Windows 7 Ultimate for the media center. I have looked at the possibility of going to 8.1 Pro and using some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Indianatone, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Windows 7 user needs a Media Center Replacement.

I have 2 machines with 2 TV Tuners running Windows 7 Ultimate for the media center. I have looked at the possibility of going to 8.1 Pro and using some Media Center keys I have but feel my best bet is to run Windows 10 with a local account with a version of Power DVD that plays DVDs and Blu Rays and I can also stream stuff from a browser. What I need are some recommendations for a program that will record TV from the over the air stations and play them back with a 10 foot screen resolution. The program does not have to be free, I don't mind paying for the listings etc or the developers time. I just want it to work. I have a machine that runs 10 from time to time with all the apps removed so I don't want anything to do with MS store unless something is outstanding. These machines are for playing media via browsers and Power DVD and also the TV software for the odd program I like to record for later. I need to get this done by Jan 20th 2020.
    Thanks in advance
    Tony

:)

Indianatone, Aug 3, 2019
  2. Law-II Win User

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Aug 3, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Media Center... Anyone?

If anyone is using Media Center in Windows 7... Can you confirm the support for ClearQam support? Have you successfully configured this with your TV tuner?

I've been putting off installing 7 because of this.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Morrison5891, Aug 3, 2019
  4. Windows 7 user needs a Media Center Replacement.

Windows Media Center replacements

Annu,

Thank you for your reply, but I am already aware of the information contained therein.

What I am looking for are suggestions as to third-party replacements for Windows Media Center, with an emphasis on sound quality.

Steve

Stephen Langevin, Aug 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7 user needs a Media Center Replacement.

1. Windows 7 user needs a Media Center Replacement. - Similar Threads - user needs Media

2. WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER: WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/7ef9a367-cb07-4ff3-9807-5476cb2d7c78
  3. WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER: WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/7ef9a367-cb07-4ff3-9807-5476cb2d7c78
  4. Window Media Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Media Center: how do i conncet my pc to window media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-center/1eab3dec-0a3e-482a-8ee3-ee4d29a3cf0d
  5. windows media center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media center: how to i get the internet tv to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/51d4e124-c330-4adc-ab56-07efefc6d65b
  6. Windows 7 user needs a Media Center Replacement.

Windows 7 user needs a Media Center Replacement.: I have 2 machines with 2 TV Tuners running Windows 7 Ultimate for the media center. I have looked at the possibility of going to 8.1 Pro and using some Media Center keys I have but feel my best bet is to run Windows 10 with a local account with a version of Power DVD that...
  7. windows media center

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows media center: how do I find the settings for my windows media center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/52d1dff5-1b50-42c3-b465-6275ed714b0e
  8. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: Has any one tried installing WMC on build 9926 yet? It wouldn't work on older builds. 3661
  9. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: I've just tested and I was able to add Media Center to Windows 10 with my Windows 8 media center key *Party Although my desktop watermark now shows as Windows 8.1 with media center. 1963
  10. Windows Media Center Removal in Windows 10 Angers Windows 7/8.1 Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Center Removal in Windows 10 Angers Windows 7/8.1 Users: Windows 10 is the first modern Windows version that comes without Windows Media Center, with Microsoft deciding to abandon the project completely for this release and instead offer a DVD player in the store. What's surprising, in a bad way, is that this free DVD player...