Windows 10: Windows 7 VM running on Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 7 VM running on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm a staff of a school, and we had joined the Microsoft Campus Agreement. Currently, my desktop PC is running Windows 7 with OEM license. As Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Anthony_FPK, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Windows 7 VM running on Windows 10

I'm a staff of a school, and we had joined the Microsoft Campus Agreement. Currently, my desktop PC is running Windows 7 with OEM license. As Windows 7 will be end-of-support in Jan 2020, I'm going to upgrade my PC to Windows 10. I would like to ask, as some of the software may not compatible to Windows 10, if I running a Windows 7 Virtual Machine locally on the Windows 10 of my Desktop PC, do I need to purchase any additional license? Thanks.

:)

Anthony_FPK, Dec 18, 2018

2. GPU-Z kills windows 10 VM

Hello there,
    when I run gpu-z on VM running vgpu (M60 or K2 grid) VM crash and restarts itself.

GPU: nvidia grid M60 | nvidia grid K2
    GPU-Z release: 1.14~1.17
    Issue: windows crash in VM and it won't power on.
    How to reproduce: Run gpu-z in a windows 10 VM with (M60 or K2 grid) vgpu, VM restarts instantly without any progress

Please check and release fix for this issue.

Here is the dumpfile for gpu-z: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsekped8who5ziz/GPU-Z.1.17.0.DMP

Thanks,

Minion Flowthroe, Dec 18, 2018
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 7 vs 10

Specific software compatibility. Not everyone wants to run a vm of 7 to utilize certain programs and not every computer will perform better with 10 vs 7.

I still run a Windows xp machine for data recovery at work, certain drives that won't mount inside of 7 and later will still mount in xp and can have the data pulled.

cdawall, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 7 VM running on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 VM running on Windows 10

1. Windows 7 VM running on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - running

2. Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...: This problem initially started about 3 weeks ago. While gaming, both my monitors went black while my PC remained on. I was able to hear my game audio for another 4-5 seconds and then that cut out. The computer will eventually reboot after 2-3 minutes of being on but not...
  3. Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...: This problem initially started about 3 weeks ago. While gaming, both my monitors went black while my PC remained on. I was able to hear my game audio for another 4-5 seconds and then that cut out. The computer will eventually reboot after 2-3 minutes of being on but not...
  4. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  5. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  6. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

7. Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...: Hi, so I own an Asus TUF F-15 for over 2 years but since from the start of 2023 I'm getting a random disconnect from wifi, my laptop suddenly like in a freeze like state and usually it will end up with BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I've tried using an usb wireless adapter to...
  8. Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...: Hi, so I own an Asus TUF F-15 for over 2 years but since from the start of 2023 I'm getting a random disconnect from wifi, my laptop suddenly like in a freeze like state and usually it will end up with BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I've tried using an usb wireless adapter to...
  9. Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...

10. i am having an issue when my pc runs for an extended period of time or when im gaming my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having an issue when my pc runs for an extended period of time or when im gaming my...: I have an amd Ryzen 5500 CPU and amd 6600 GPU, when I'm gaming for about an hour and a half or even if my pc has just been idling for an extended period of time it will start to glitch and freeze, sometimes it will crash completely and others it will go black for a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run windows 7 vm on windows 10

2. windows 7 vm on windows 10

3. running a windows 7 vm on windows 10

4. run windows 7 vm on windows 10\,
  5. run windows 7 in a VM on Windows 10,
  6. windows 7 vm windows 10,
  7. run a windows 7 vm on windows 10,
  8. how to crash a vm running on windows ten,
  9. windows 7 vm in windows 10,
  10. vm running win 7