Windows 10: Windows 7 was eh slow, windows 10 is 10xslower

Discus and support Windows 7 was eh slow, windows 10 is 10xslower in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning y’all I am in need of assistance.. I’ll make this short.. few days ago my windows 7 was acting up and constantly tellin me to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Es-, Sep 12, 2021.

1. ES-
    Es- Win User

Windows 7 was eh slow, windows 10 is 10xslower

Good morning y’all I am in need of assistance.. I’ll make this short.. few days ago my windows 7 was acting up and constantly tellin me to install Net.framework 4.7.2 no matter what I did It wouldn’t. Amongst other issues it was having I upgraded to 10 thinking I would start fresh etc. I was soooooooooo wrong. It literally took 2 days to download and install and every time there was update it took at least 2 hours .. ok present moment. Everything is installed thinking I’m good to go and pffft wrong again. Literally will try and open edge or anything fit that matter , I can get up make

:)

2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2021
  4. Windows 7 was eh slow, windows 10 is 10xslower

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 7 was eh slow, windows 10 is 10xslower

1. Windows 7 was eh slow, windows 10 is 10xslower - Similar Threads - was slow 10xslower

2. Microsoft Windows no longer supports my Windows 10 laptops eh?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows no longer supports my Windows 10 laptops eh?: I anticipate no answer from Microsoft as usual, just look at the pictures.And no, my browser is not managed by my organization, unless my organization is myself and I never knew.Remember the "Where do you want to go today" motto from Windows 1995? Where have you gone? Windows...
  3. Microsoft Windows no longer supports my Windows 10 laptops eh?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows no longer supports my Windows 10 laptops eh?: I anticipate no answer from Microsoft as usual, just look at the pictures.And no, my browser is not managed by my organization, unless my organization is myself and I never knew.Remember the "Where do you want to go today" motto from Windows 1995? Where have you gone? Windows...
  4. Microsoft Windows no longer supports my Windows 10 laptops eh?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows 7 slow and stucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 slow and stucks: HelloWindows 7 became very slow and Stucks ,and messages always pops up, here is the screens shoots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-slow-and-stucks/f2ff0319-2665-463e-86ac-efed78daed3b
  6. windows 7 slow and stucks

windows 7 slow and stucks: HelloWindows 7 became very slow and Stucks ,and messages always pops up, here is the screens shoots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-slow-and-stucks/f2ff0319-2665-463e-86ac-efed78daed3b
  7. windows 7 very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 very slow: Hellosince a days ago and Windows 7 became very very slow .Please try to help to be fast same before .Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-very-slow/8c7eef1f-0ee4-4794-974d-28d9d5053970
  8. windows 7 very slow

windows 7 very slow: Hellosince a days ago and Windows 7 became very very slow .Please try to help to be fast same before .Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-very-slow/8c7eef1f-0ee4-4794-974d-28d9d5053970
  9. Windows 10 slow printing, spoller issue, not problem with Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 slow printing, spoller issue, not problem with Windows 7: As stated in the title. I've just bougth a Brother L8690CDW color laser printer, installed latest driver available, upgraded the printer to latest firmware. The printer can print up to 31 ppm both in bw and color. Printing is done in color 600 ppi, not 2400 ppi....
  10. Performance of the windows 10 is very Slow compare to windows 7

Performance of the windows 10 is very Slow compare to windows 7: Hi Team, We are facing latency issue with the windows version 1703 (OS Build 15063. 1387). In prevision, the performance quite well compared to the recent one Version 1607(OS Build 14393.1198). We are not able to downgrade to this Can we have any suggestion or patches for...