Windows 10: Windows 7/Windows 10 question (SQM Files).

Discus and support Windows 7/Windows 10 question (SQM Files). in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I'm new here and I have the following problem. I have a fresh install of windows (only ethernet driver and nothing else). In my windows/temp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by userpc, Oct 20, 2019.

1. userpc Win User

Windows 7/Windows 10 question (SQM Files).

Hello. I'm new here and I have the following problem. I have a fresh install of windows (only ethernet driver and nothing else). In my windows/temp folder when I disable the internet connection (and only then) a fwtsqmfile.sqm (fwtsqmfile00.sqm, fwtsqmfile01.sqm etc.) file always appears. I disabled customer experience and application experience in the following: Group Policy, Registry, Task Scheduler, Control Panel. I have no program installed (especially windows live or messenger, just the ethernet driver). Virus Total says that these files are clean. A temporary fix is to use Ccleaner to automatically delete them but what I want to know (if anyone is so kind to help) is what are these files and what can I do to uninstall or prevent the service that creates them. Thank you in advance for any help.

:)

userpc, Oct 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Windows 7/Windows 10 question (SQM Files).

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 7/Windows 10 question (SQM Files).

1. Windows 7/Windows 10 question (SQM Files). - Similar Threads - question SQM Files

2. Window 10 from Windows 7 eligibility question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window 10 from Windows 7 eligibility question: In the past I purchased Windows 7 and via the upgrade had Windows 10 on my previous build. I just made a new PC. Am I still eligible to have Windows 10? Or must I purchase a new product key?If I purchase a new key digitally, how long may I use it? How many installs?If I...
  3. Window 10 from Windows 7 eligibility question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 from Windows 7 eligibility question: In the past I purchased Windows 7 and via the upgrade had Windows 10 on my previous build. I just made a new PC. Am I still eligible to have Windows 10? Or must I purchase a new product key?If I purchase a new key digitally, how long may I use it? How many installs?If I...
  4. Window 10 from Windows 7 eligibility question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 7 to windows 10 question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 7 to windows 10 question: I have an old AMD-FX system that had the Win7 'Pro' (retail version) upgraded to Windows-10 several years ago when Microsoft still provided the free upgrade. Only problem is: I never wrote down the new Win10 product key they gave me and my old Win7 installation CD only...
  6. [HELP] Question regarding Windows 10 -> Windows 7

[HELP] Question regarding Windows 10 -> Windows 7: I have windows 10 currently installed but I'm not a huge fan of it, Anyway I want to go back to windows 7 and got the iso file now properly burned to my bootable usb, should I delete all data on my drive and fresh install and install eveyrthing again or will all my...
  7. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration - Few Questions

Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration - Few Questions: Hi, I'm a gamer and due to Windows 7 ended support a few months ago, I'm still at the point where I need to unfortunately install Windows 10 to keep me secure and having support for a newer hardware. I'm also planing on building a new PC in few months so I heard that I can...
  8. upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10: Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have 1 desktop with vista that came with it from the factory, it has the product key on the case, the other 3 I did a...
  9. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Question: We have a project to upgrade approximately 20 devices from Windows 7 to Windows 10. We need to know whether Microsoft 365 Business, licensed through CSP can accommodate multiple Windows 7 devices to Windows 10. For example, one user has three computers, does M365B ($20 SKU)...
  10. Windows 7 to 10 Partition Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 to 10 Partition Question: So I have Windows 7 and have 2 partitions on my SSD/HD hybrid drive. I made C: and D: drives. The C: drive is for Windows and D: for everything else. My C: drive is 50 gb and says 10 gb left and D: is 881 gb with 849 gb left. My idea was to just let Windows have it's own...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sqm folder